Raping virgins

Bjxrn
User is offlineOffline
Raping virgins

This might be common knowledge to the people that have read the bible more extensively, but I started to read a little in that terrible book called Deuteronomy. I have off course heard about that you should stone disobedient children and things like that but check this out:

Deuteronomy 22

[28] If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
[29] Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

So basically if I were to rape a virgin then according to biblical law I have to pay some money to the girls father and then I have to take her as my wife. How sick and twisted is that? The girl has to marry the rapist?

jester700
User is offlineOffline
Raping virgins

Women were property in the old testament. "Think ye not that they had minds of their own, nor that they be more than baby-makers and fucking-holes" Eye-wink

That ANY woman who's ever read the bible remains xian simply astounds me.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Raping virgins

Yeah, most of us heard that, and the other bad verses in the Bible. Most Christians come up with some kind of excuse that "it doesn't really mean that" or "That's out of context" blah, blah, blah. :roll:

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Raping virgins

jester700 wrote:
Women were property in the old testament. "Think ye not that they had minds of their own, nor that they be more than baby-makers and fucking-holes" Eye-wink

Some women think it's ok to be objectified in such a manner. Have you ever been to a xtian wedding where the wedding vows exchanged follow along thes lines?

Groom: I take thee as my wife, to love you and to support you bla bla..
Wife: I take thee as my husband, to honor you and to serve you, till death do us part?

Sick isn't it?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

BarkAtTheMoon
Rational VIP!
BarkAtTheMoon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Raping virgins

LeftofLarry wrote:
jester700 wrote:

Some women think it's ok to be objectified in such a manner. Have you ever been to a xtian wedding where the wedding vows exchanged follow along thes lines?

Groom: I take thee as my wife, to love you and to support you bla bla..
Wife: I take thee as my husband, to honor you and to serve you, till death do us part?

Sick isn't it?

I went to my cousin's wedding last year where the preacher, who is her uncle, went on about how both she and her husband (and everyone else) are pretty much worthless, and the whole point of their marriage and life is to worship and serve Jesus. And by "went on" I mean for about a half hour or so. It was creepy. Most uncomfortable church event I think I've ever been to outside of the funeral of the mother of a couple high school friends of mine who hung herself, yet they still had an open casket which was really disturbing, and the priest talked throughout the service about how anyone who commits suicide pretty much has a one way ticket to hell.

So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth;
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!
- Eric Idle, from The Galaxy Song

spentley
User is offlineOffline
Raping virgins

It's just so obvious that the bible was written directly for people around the time frame it was written. Only to serve as a code of law/moral, because there were no established governments/lawmakers.
People who actually take the Bible litterally, must be as dum as these peasants that lived 1-2 thousand years ago.
People who follow the bible today and just ingnore the "outdated" information, are ignorant. simple.

It should be easy, nobody from here on in should be able to even look at this thing because its an outdated, immoral piece of literature that was compiled before people understood.... anything. Well.. OT anyway, the NT is full of bullshit propoganda to try and keep everyone on the wagon.

God is the omnimax creator by definition of major religions. If there is evidence that the religion is incorrect about the nature of reality, then there is evidence that the God the religion defines does not exist.

DrFear
User is offlineOffline
Raping virgins

i wouldn't go that far, i mean a book is a book, except that this one is always presented...well, the way it's presented. i'm curious as to what things would be like had Tolkien's The Silmarillion been presented the same way, it is written basically as a full length bible for his fictional 'Middle-earth'....what if it wasn't presented as fiction though? i guess scientology is a good depiction of how that can happen....

Fear is the mindkiller.

GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
User is offlineOffline
jester700 wrote:Women were

jester700 wrote:

And yet THOUSANDS of women are christians. Mind boggling.
This is my new scariest site of the week.....

http://www.christianwomentoday.com/

Read some of the advice columns, and help on how to live your life... The "closet issues" are VERY scary.......

Xtianity is so damaging to the psyche. They see normal feelings as demons. You're not aroused, it's a demon of LUST! You're not sad, it's a demon of DEPRESSION! And praying to jesus will make the bad demon run far away.....
*shakes head*

AntiFaith
AntiFaith's picture
User is offlineOffline
Some Christians go as far as

Some Christians go as far as to say that God created us and he can do what he likes with us. A few Christians say that.

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
"Honey, sometimes girls get

"Honey, sometimes girls get pregnant when they aren't married." I could tell by her look I was already in trouble.

"But how can they do that? I thought getting married was how you had babies."
My kids weren't even seven and they weren't this dumb.

"Well," I groped, "sometimes teenagers do things before they are married - well, they act like - well, they do with each other's bodies what married people do. Then the girl gets pregnant. When she does, she has various choices."
Haha-"Doing stuff with each others bodies like married people". That is fucking silly. Just tell the kid the truth for crying out loud or don't tell her anything until she's old enough. Weird xtians!

These quotes was taken from http://www.christianwomentoday.com/ ,closet issues, abortion.