Pet food poisoned by terrorists

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Pet food poisoned by terrorists

I've been seeing a few places people actually proposing that the tainted pet food thing in the news over the last few weeks was purposely done by terrorists! LOL!!! Don't you think they'd have targeted people rather than cats? This was just so irrational it blew my mind.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Magus
High Level DonorModerator
Magus's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think my Quote sums this

I think my Quote sums this up.

Sounds made up...
Agnostic Atheist
No, I am not angry at your imaginary friends or enemies.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
What quote? (some of us

What quote? (some of us can't read taglines here.)

Magus
High Level DonorModerator
Magus's picture
User is offlineOffline
sorry. "Sounds made up..."

sorry. "Sounds made up..."

Sounds made up...
Agnostic Atheist
No, I am not angry at your imaginary friends or enemies.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cats once ruled the rulers

Cats once ruled the rulers of Egypt, they were about due to take power again, probably in the next election.  The terrorists are just pre-empting it. *wise nod*

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Heh heh - yeah, sounds made

Heh heh - yeah, sounds made up is a good response to any religious or other extremely irrational claim.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, first of all it was

Well, first of all it was pet food for cats and dogs. 

The company that imported the wheat gluten from China (whoever it was) has been completely silent on the cause of the problem. The company in China has been uncooperative in trying to find the cause of the problem. 

It took weeks for the US to ban imports of wheat gluten from this company.

As far as I know (or at least what's been released to the media), how this all came about is still unknown.

It's my understanding that the "rat poison" didn't cause the largest problem, but the melamine which is a plastic of some sort used in fertilizer. Ingestion of melamine cause terrible (and very painful) kidney failure.

I don't know about "terrorists", but it still is unknown if the tainted pet food was intentional or a horrible accident.

The wheat gluten that caused all this problem was "food grade" which means it was an acceptable level of quality to be used for human consumption.

Who knows what would have happened if a company that manufactures human food had purchased it? People would have been screaming "Terrorists!" at the top of their voices.

Who knows how this will turn out.

(Sorry for the rant, Matt, but this is a subject that I've been following very closely. I've been sending out bulletins to veterinary clinics and all my friends that have critters every time new information surfaces.

Luckily my critters haven't been affected and I have put several cases of wet food down the garbage disposal simply because it contained wheat gluten. I can't take it back to the place of purchase because some stores still actually have some of this stuff on the shelves. I can't take a chance that someone else will give it to their pet. Who knows if it will end up on the recall list.)

End of rant.

[Edited for format and read-ability] 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's been hard to keep

It's been hard to keep track of all the recalled foods since each company has been issuing their own recall.

The AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) has the most comprehensive list of all the recalled foods in one place.  You can find it here.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.