Coast to Coast AM

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Coast to Coast AM

Anyone ever listen to this show? http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

I do at work pretty much to laugh. It is almost always extremely irrational things - aliens, ghosts, demons, angels etc. Sylvia Browne is a frequent guest. Once in a while they have something that isn't irrational - The Bad Astronomer is on every so often, and sometimes they have a musician.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Back when Art Bell hosted

Back when Art Bell hosted it, they used to have Mithiu Kaku  (I have no idea how to spell his name.  Sorry.  The theoretical physicist... you know...) on a lot.  From what I understand, he's pretty well respected.

I used to listen to that all the time.  Yes, 98% of it is irrational, and bordering on crazy, but it's so harmless most of the time.  If people want to put tin foil on their head and quartz crystals in their homemade time machines, more power to them.  At least they're not bombing abortion clinics, right?

The other thing that's really interesting about the late night nut jobs is that they're extremely interested in cosmology and the search for ET life.  It's strange watching the religio-craziness when people try to make the bible, ancient Egyptian lore, and pseudo-science all agree.  

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Art Bell still hosts it on

Art Bell still hosts it on Saturday and Sunday nights.

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
i must admit that i love

i must admit that i love this show. 

LovE-RicH
LovE-RicH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Back

Hambydammit wrote:

Back when Art Bell hosted it, they used to have Mithiu Kaku (I have no idea how to spell his name. Sorry. The theoretical physicist... you know...) on a lot. From what I understand, he's pretty well respected.

Michio Kaku. He's very respected, he's a cofounder of string field theory, a branch of string theory. He wrote some great books on science (in simplified langauge for the masses with cool analogies and no equations), and I can't wait till I get my hands on his latest, Paralell Worlds. His most popular and best selling books include:

-"Hyperspace: A Scientific Odyssey Through Parallel Universes, Time Warps and the Tenth Dimension"

-"Visions: How Science Will Revolutionize the 21st Century",

-"Parallel Worlds: a Journey Through Creation, Higher Dimensions, and the Future of the Cosmos,"

If you're interested in modern science, higher dimensions, time travel, the future of our civilization... then to get started check his site for videos where he talks about these things, and procede by reading these books.Smiling

http://mkaku.org/books-tv-film/video.html

iluvc2h5oh
iluvc2h5oh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah I used to get it here in Bmore

We dont get it anymore...

As nonsensical as the show was I loved it...I find it odd so many skeptics would enjoy that show.  But I think to be a skeptic have to be open minded to, hear the other side out and make a rational decision. 

"When the missionaries arrived, the Africans had the Land and the Missionaries had the Bible, They taught us how to pray with our eyes closed. When we opened them, they had the Land and we had the Bible." - Jomo Kenyatta

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Last night the guest for

Last night the guest for the show was that asshat Bill Morgan from fishdon'twalk.com. I forgot how stupid he was when he was on the RRS show a while back.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team