Cats are evil

GreyhoundMama
GreyhoundMama's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cats are evil

I've heard before that some Christians considered cats evil. But noodling around on myspace I found a link to this nonsense ... http://www.dbhome.dk/carlo/cat.htm Undecided

a small sample ... "Additionally, cats practice many unclean habits not befitting a Christian household: coughing up fur balls, licking inappropriate body areas on their own bodies (inappropriate handling) and even, in some cases, on the bodies of their human owners (wrongful motive?), urination on the floor, vocal and blatant promiscuity (unknown to any other species, all others being endowed with Godly chastity and decorum) and widespread sexual misconduct without the benefit or sanctity of holy matrimony, even orgiastic practices, substance abuse of catnip (an intoxicating herb) which produces conditions akin to drunkenness, stealing food from the table, producing ungodly sounds, excessive playfulness and the employment of devices not known to have been used by Jesus..."

Karen and her hounds
creating art ~ creating a new life

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: coughing up fur

Quote:
coughing up fur balls

What? You swallow a whole lot of hair, and see where it comes out . 

Quote:
licking inappropriate body areas on their own bodies

Shut up and put the cat in the bath then. 

Quote:
urination on the floor

Shut up and train the cat/get litter box/letcat out/install plastic flappy doors. 

Quote:
widespread sexual misconduct without the benefit or sanctity of holy matrimony, even orgiastic practices

Welcome to the world of non-humans. 

Quote:
substance abuse of catnip

shut up and take the damn toy away, you stupid lazy human. No you'd rather be like your god and bitch and whine. Stupid human. 

Quote:
stealing food from the table

Is discipline too hard... oh wait, made in god's image. 

Quote:
producing ungodly sounds

Dude... what? 

Quote:
employment of devices not known to have been used by Jesus

If all of these afformentioned things are really bad hell-worthy sins. Then everything and everyone is going to hell. The last bit gets the humans.

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

econgineer
econgineer's picture
User is offlineOffline
Xians used to kill cats

Xians used to kill cats because of their absurd belief that cats were used as familiars to witches.  This practice was particularly unfortunate in the Middle Ages.  With fewer predators for rodents, disease spread.  The Xians were at least partly responsible for the Bubonic Plague that killed a third of Europe during that time.  Just another example of how dangerous theism can be.

Responsibility: A detachable burden easily shifted to the shoulders of God, Fate, Fortune, Luck or one's neighbor. In the days of astrology it was customary to unload it upon a star. ~Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary, 1911

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Those people belong in a

Those people belong in a psychiatric ward.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
This sounds like a parody.

This sounds like a parody. If not it's scary.

GreyhoundMama
GreyhoundMama's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: Those people

Vastet wrote:
Those people belong in a psychiatric ward.

You got that right!!!

And Matt, I just have to say that your signature quote is my new favorite!!!

Karen and her hounds

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
The people/person that

The people/person that wrote that article clearly has some kind of problem with critters.

What about dogs?  Cats may barf, but at least they don't turn around and eat it.

What about bunny rabbits and their sexual habits?

The whole article is pretty silly. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gee, I wonder what xians

Gee, I wonder what xians think about ferrets.  I mean, they don't cought up hairballs, but they do have a tendency to steal.  Could ferrets be really sinful animals?

(There is a huge amount of sarcasm involved in this, btw.  Just in case) 

If god takes life he's an indian giver

GreyhoundMama
GreyhoundMama's picture
User is offlineOffline
reminds me ...

This also reminds me of an anti-gay argument I once heard from a religious freak. I forget the source (it was a long time ago) but this person claimed that homosexuality was evil because only humans engaged in it. They felt that the "fact" that animals didn't engage in homosexual acts proved that it wasn't natural.

Clearly this person had never spent any time with dogs or apes or any of a ton of animals on this planet. A horny animal doesn't care what it "plays" with. LOL

Karen and her hounds

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: This also reminds me

Quote:
This also reminds me of an anti-gay argument I once heard from a religious freak. I forget the source (it was a long time ago) but this person claimed that homosexuality was evil because only humans engaged in it. They felt that the "fact" that animals didn't engage in homosexual acts proved that it wasn't natural.

Clearly this person had never spent any time with dogs or apes or any of a ton of animals on this planet. A horny animal doesn't care what it "plays" with. LOL

That one always brings a smile to my face.  Many different animals across the world have shown signs of homosexuality and it becomes more pronounced when there's overcrowding.  It's even been observed in Penguins!  That's the real reason behind the movie "Happy Feet", 50 years ago "gay" was just another word for "happy", little more. Eye-wink

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've seen studies showing

I've seen studies showing that it's usually a form of dominance settlement. Which fits with many or most of it's observed examples in nature and society.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.