Your all condemned to hell

wisebob134
Theist
Posts: 18
Joined: 2007-03-08
User is offlineOffline
Your all condemned to hell

Mark 3 29 but anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. This is a sin with eternal consequences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7QVbJnSPQE

Thats my irrational precept. Wake up people Freedom ? Freedom from what ? Christianity which isn't forced on anyone.And for people that like "FREEDOM" You're sure not allowing others to have the freedom to have their own beliefs. You want freedom that free your mind from this crap website http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTXSPRqwjgg


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Are you insane??

Are you insane?? Christianity is definitely forced on those of us who are not Christian - see the pledge of allegiance, "in God we trust" on money, the anti-choice movement, discrimination against gays and women, the Christian war on science, etc.

By the way, we consider the Bible to be Bullshit and are showing how much we know it to be false when we do the Blasphemy Challenge.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Conn_in_Brooklyn
Conn_in_Brooklyn's picture
Posts: 239
Joined: 2006-12-04
User is offlineOffline
Wisebob, you have a very

Wisebob, you have a very convenient (and ill-informed) definition of freedom.  On one hand: No, we do not advocate taking your right to freedom of worship or conscience ... Only someone insecure in their own beliefs would think that someone who believes differently (or challenges those beliefs) is trying to take away their freedom to believe ...

Yet, one the other hand, you should feel insecure.  We, as human beings, do not respect other peoples beliefs.  You will helplessly believe something if I present the right evidence.  Do I have the right to believe that Pearl Harbor or the Holocaust never happened?  Sure.  Would I be right?  No - and that should be expressed.

It's a typical fascist trick to try and turn the tables, and claim that those seeking truth are trying to deny it ... What you promulgated was an irrational precept: that our declaration of beliefs is somehow an infringement of your freedoms.  If you like established religion, do us all a favor and move to Iran.

I'm off myspace.com so you can only find me here: http://geoffreymgolia.blogspot.com


Ophios
Ophios's picture
Posts: 909
Joined: 2006-09-19
User is offlineOffline
wisebob134

wisebob134 wrote:
Christianity which isn't forced on anyone.

You obviously don't live in America, or you just don't seem to see it.

The later seems to be supported below. 

wisebob134 wrote:
And for people that like "FREEDOM" You're sure not allowing others to have the freedom to have their own beliefs.

Selective vision is astounding.

wisebob134 wrote:
You want freedom that free your mind from this crap website

Engle līcia.

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.


Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
Posts: 1955
Joined: 2006-11-21
User is offlineOffline
Hey folks, give wisebob a

Hey folks, give wisebob a break. According to his profile he's in the 9th grade. That means he knows everything. If he knows everything, we should seriously listen to him.

Even though there's no way to get out of being condemned to hell, maybe it's not too late to work toward one of the outer, less "tormenty" rings?

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
wisebob134 wrote: You're

wisebob134 wrote:

You're sure not allowing others to have the freedom to have their own beliefs. You want freedom that free your mind from this crap website

Yes, he is insane. 

 


American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
Posts: 1331
Joined: 2006-09-03
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Your all condemned

Quote:
Your all condemned to hell

And you're going to summer school!


Iphtashu Fitz
Iphtashu Fitz's picture
Posts: 8
Joined: 2007-02-28
User is offlineOffline
wisebob134

wisebob134 wrote:

Christianity which isn't forced on anyone.

I wonder what would happen in this day and age to a child living in the middle of the "bible belt" of America if he went up to his parents one day and announced that he was an athiest, agnostic, or some non-Christian religion. I'd be willing to bet that his parents would immediately drag the child to their priest/minister and do everything in their power to brainwash him back into being a good little Christian.

 


Ophios
Ophios's picture
Posts: 909
Joined: 2006-09-19
User is offlineOffline
American Atheist

American Atheist wrote:

Quote:
Your all condemned to hell

And you're going to summer school!

Hold on.

American Atheist wrote:

Quote:
Your all condemned to hell by my god, 'cuase he's a lazy twat

And your god is going to summer school!

 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.


American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
Posts: 1331
Joined: 2006-09-03
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for posting that,

Thanks for posting that, Ophios.

I like it.


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
If this kid's in the 9th

If this kid's in the 9th grade I feel kind of bad about doing this but...

wisebob134 wrote:

Mark 3 29 but anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. This is a sin with eternal consequences. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7QVbJnSPQE Thats my irrational precept. Wake up people Freedom ? Freedom from what ? Christianity which isn't forced on anyone.And for people that like "FREEDOM" You're sure not allowing others to have the freedom to have their own beliefs. You want freedom that free your mind from this crap website http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTXSPRqwjgg

Christianity is being forced upon people. Ask any gay couple who wants to be legally married. Or read up on the arguments regarding abortion and stem cell research. Recite the Pledge of Allegiance. The 'under god' part was put in the pledge in 1954 under the McCarthy era and the red scare. Look at your money, for cryin' out loud. So yes, Christianity is everywhere.

I dont' care what your beliefs are. You're entitled to your beliefs, as am I. However, keep your beliefs out of our courts, schools and science institutions. You see, once your beliefs start affecting other people's lives, that's when there is a problem. So yes, you can have your own beliefs. But keep them where they belong and they DON'T belong in the government.

No one is making you watch the youtube video so you can't even make the claim that anyone is forcing anything upon you. Unless there was some mean atheist who tied you to a chair and held your eyelids open and forced you to watch it, don't complain. Just don't watch it if it bothers you.

Lastly, I was never baptized so according to all you theists I'm going to hell anyway.

If god takes life he's an indian giver


D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
Posts: 715
Joined: 2007-01-04
User is offlineOffline
I can't buy liquor on

I can't buy liquor on Sundays, I have to have religious slogans on my money, I've had to take religious oaths to work for a public university, and I can think of numerous other ways Christianity is forced upon me but I'm assuming you're a troll so there's no need to go into it further.

 BTW, if you are going to condemn us to hell with you'd make a better case if your grammar skills matched your immense ego.


Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
Posts: 1955
Joined: 2006-11-21
User is offlineOffline
wisebob134

wisebob134 wrote:

Christianity which isn't forced on anyone.

I know you're probably a troll and/or someone who doesn't have the guts to engage us in conversation, but what do you call it when parents force fundamentalist religion on their children?  My parents forced it on me in the form of their own dogma, as well as church and a fundamentalist school.

Once my mother complained about Muslims forcing their beliefs on their children and I looked at her like she was nuts (which she is when it comes to religion).  Apparently, it's okay for Christians to brainwash their children, but it isn't okay for Muslims to do the same. 

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


mindspread
mindspread's picture
Posts: 360
Joined: 2007-02-18
User is offlineOffline
Telling me I'm going to hell

Telling me I'm going to hell is like telling me Santa won't bring me any presents this year.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10687
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
wisebob134 wrote: Mark 3

wisebob134 wrote:

Mark 3 29 but anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. This is a sin with eternal consequences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7QVbJnSPQE

Thats my irrational precept. Wake up people Freedom ? Freedom from what ? Christianity which isn't forced on anyone.And for people that like "FREEDOM" You're sure not allowing others to have the freedom to have their own beliefs. You want freedom that free your mind from this crap website http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTXSPRqwjgg

You'd better hope not, or you'll be joining us.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
mindspread wrote: Telling

mindspread wrote:
Telling me I'm going to hell is like telling me Santa won't bring me any presents this year.

 

That just became a classic.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


wisebob134
Theist
Posts: 18
Joined: 2007-03-08
User is offlineOffline
"Your All condemn to hell"

"Your All condemn to hell" part I was trying to say it was an irrational precept to believe that if you do one thing wrong, your going to hell.

"Christianity is being forced upon people. Ask any gay couple who wants to be legally married. Or read up on the arguments regarding abortion and stem cell research. Recite the Pledge of Allegiance. The 'under god' part was put in the pledge in 1954 under the McCarthy era and the red scare. Look at your money, for cryin' out loud. So yes, Christianity is everywhere."

Yes Chirstanity is everywhere but it isn't being forced onto people. On gay mirrage if you want to get marry by a preist . It's probably will be on his morals. I don't think the government should regulate who can marry who. Arguements on Abortion and stem cell research are out their on the both chirstan side and on the Athesist side. We should be represented too. And it is on the moeny so what , thats what this country is based on and we should respect it. No matter what you believe.

"I dont' care what your beliefs are. You're entitled to your beliefs, as am I. However, keep your beliefs out of our courts, schools and science institutions. You see, once your beliefs start affecting other people's lives, that's when there is a problem. So yes, you can have your own beliefs. But keep them where they belong and they DON'T belong in the government."

No, not at all. Our beliefs should be in the government, schools, and courts,(definately not science institutions, two different things) and your should too. If they don't let our beliefs affect government why would they let yours.

"No one is making you watch the youtube video so you can't even make the claim that anyone is forcing anything upon you. Unless there was some mean atheist who tied you to a chair and held your eyelids open and forced you to watch it, don't complain. Just don't watch it if it bothers you.

Lastly, I was never baptized so according to all you theists I'm going to hell anyway."

I never claimed any one was forcing Atheism on me. I don't even think the blasphemy challenge video makes Atheism look good at all. Atheism and Chirstanity need to have respect for eachother.(Also Baptism can occur at any time. Just saying that becuase it sounds like you have that mixed up)This youtube video takes one verse out of the bible and out of context and makes Chirstan everywhere look like we're only out to judge people which isn't what were about.If I took one sentence out of a science book and made it look like you're all evil lunatics who brainwash kids into believing in the Theory of evolution. Who you be happy? The Blasphemy Challenge is based on hate not enlightement. Also if you want to makefun of me becuase I'm in Ninth grade go ahead I hope it raises your self Esteem but don't sterotype me into being a immature kid from the south (I'm from New England anyways) Not saying you did, just putting it out there. I hope this is a better more detailed post of what I was trying to say.

Rock Rock on

 

 


Ophios
Ophios's picture
Posts: 909
Joined: 2006-09-19
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Yes Chirstanity is

Quote:
Yes Chirstanity is everywhere but it isn't being forced onto people. On gay mirrage if you want to get marry by a preist . It's probably will be on his morals. I don't think the government should regulate who can marry who.

It's funny that you should say that xianity isn't being forced on any one than you bring up gay marrige.  Gay marrige is illigal in most places... why? Oh that's right, the christians didn't like that idea.

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.


jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
Posts: 837
Joined: 2007-03-03
User is offlineOffline
Conn_in_Brooklyn

Conn_in_Brooklyn wrote:

Wisebob, you have a very convenient (and ill-informed) definition of freedom. On one hand: No, we do not advocate taking your right to freedom of worship or conscience ... Only someone insecure in their own beliefs would think that someone who believes differently (or challenges those beliefs) is trying to take away their freedom to believe ...

Let's not kid ourselves. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the tagline of this website "Fighting to free humanity from the mind disorder known as theism"? Is there not an entire forum dedicated to "Beliefs that are so irrational they need to be eradicated off the Earth"? Didn't Sapient admit on national television that the RRS targets children and teens? I'm sorry, but phrases like "Fighting to free" and "Eradicated off the earth" are not friendly indicators. The RRS is fighting just as vehemently (if not moreso) to eradicate the earth of theism as many fundamentalist christian groups are fighting to make christianity mandatory. Like I said, please correct me if I'm wrong. Please show me evidence that indicates that the RRS is simply offering a freethinking alternative to christianity. I'm all eyes.

Conn_In_Brooklyn wrote:
Yet, one the other hand, you should feel insecure. We, as human beings, do not respect other peoples beliefs. You will helplessly believe something if I present the right evidence. Do I have the right to believe that Pearl Harbor or the Holocaust never happened? Sure. Would I be right? No - and that should be expressed.

Considering the fact that the origin of the universe, the battle of Pearl Harbor, and the Holocaust have very little in common, I'm going to have to go ahead and say that this example fails.

Noone was around to witness the origin of the universe, so it is rational to believe that it cannot be commented on the same way that we can comment on Pearl Harbor or the Holocaust - people were around to commit such atrocities, and furthermore witness and record them. Not only do we have written evidence of both, but we also have photographic evidence. I think it's safe to say that the origin of the universe predated photography by a few billion years.

So really, you can make no truthful expression concerning the question of the existence of god since it's on an entirely different plane of knowledge than Pearl Harbor and the Holocaust.

Conn_In_Brooklyn wrote:
It's a typical fascist trick to try and turn the tables, and claim that those seeking truth are trying to deny it ... What you promulgated was an irrational precept: that our declaration of beliefs is somehow an infringement of your freedoms. If you like established religion, do us all a favor and move to Iran.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it? Sounds just like many people on this website. The hypocrisy is astounding.

pariahjane wrote:
Lastly, I was never baptized so according to all you theists I'm going to hell anyway.

I'm a theist, and I don't believe such a thing. I think you're confusing theism with fundamental christianity. Big difference. Generalizations are bad.

 


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
Ophios wrote: Quote: Yes

Ophios wrote:

Quote:
Yes Chirstanity is everywhere but it isn't being forced onto people. On gay mirrage if you want to get marry by a preist . It's probably will be on his morals. I don't think the government should regulate who can marry who.

It's funny that you should say that xianity isn't being forced on any one than you bring up gay marrige. Gay marrige is illigal in most places... why? Oh that's right, the christians didn't like that idea.

I have to agree with Ophios here but I think I understand what you're getting at. I think homosexuals have a right to be married and share all the benefits that marriage has to offer. However, I do not believe that anyone who's faith is against it should marry homosexual couples. Meaning, if a gay couple goes to a priest and wants to be married, the priest has the right to refuse. However, a judge does not. And no state should make it illegal for homosexuals to be able to get married.

If god takes life he's an indian giver


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
jmm wrote: Let's not kid

jmm wrote:
Let's not kid ourselves. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the tagline of this website "Fighting to free humanity from the mind disorder known as theism"? Is there not an entire forum dedicated to "Beliefs that are so irrational they need to be eradicated off the Earth"? Didn't Sapient admit on national television that the RRS targets children and teens? I'm sorry, but phrases like "Fighting to free" and "Eradicated off the earth" are not friendly indicators. The RRS is fighting just as vehemently (if not moreso) to eradicate the earth of theism as many fundamentalist christian groups are fighting to make christianity mandatory. Like I said, please correct me if I'm wrong. Please show me evidence that indicates that the RRS is simply offering a freethinking alternative to christianity. I'm all eyes.

How about the fact that they allow you to offer your opposing viewpoint on their website. Let's consider what happens here, they put up a website offering their view then they let you or any other theist come to the website and offer your point of view. This seems like pretty strong evidence to me that they are simply offering an alternative.

Why don't you show some evidence that "Fighting to free humanity from the mind disorder known as theism" means taking away anybody's freedom.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft