Revalations Florida Style

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
Revalations Florida Style

http://www.randi.org/jr/2006-09/092206bad.html

REVELATIONS FLORIDA STYLE

Florida Representative Katherine Harris has now declared to the media that she sees – obviously through some divine means of clairvoyance – that God did not intend for the United States of America to be a “nation of secular laws” and that the idea of separation of church and state is a “lie we have been told” to keep religious people out of politics. Obviously, in Katherine’s case, this didn’t work. And just who told us these lies, Ms. Harris? Those old fuddy-duddy Fathers of Confederation? Harris warns us:

"If you're not electing Christians, then in essence you are going to legislate sin."

Harris has assured interviewers that her religious beliefs “animate” everything she does, including her votes in Congress. We’re fortunate that she has such a direct, clear, connection with this deity of hers, since we might otherwise entertain the possibility that Joan of Arc has been brought back to lead us. Joan, as we know heard voices in her head that were perhaps demons. Can’t be too careful about those sneaky demons, Kathy!

Harris told journalists:

"We have to have the faithful in government because that is God's will. Separating religion and politics is so wrong because God is the one who chooses our rulers… and if we are the ones not actively involved in electing those godly men and women… we're going to have a nation of secular laws. That's not what our Founding Fathers intended, and that certainly isn't what God intended."

You see how mistaken we common folks were before Representative Harris straightened us out? I know of a whole bunch of people who erroneously believed – until her fine hand finessed the “hanging chads” fiasco that the State of Florida contributed to the next-to-last Presidential election – that our politicians were accepted or rejected solely by the voting procedure! Apparently it’s God who makes the choices!

Happily, both Democrats and Republicans in Florida are appalled by Harris’ tirade. After all, there are several degrees of crazy, and with this contribution to woo-woo, Kathy has demonstrated just how high up on the scale she is, and has managed to frighten both parties.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Crazy skank. How could they

Crazy skank. How could they have elected her after what she did in 2000.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
And people tell me not to

And people tell me not to worry about religious people Cursing Man

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
Voiderest. That's right,

Voiderest.
That's right, most X'ians we encounter here suggest to us that we just mind our own business. How dare we expose their myths and make fun of them, as though their beliefs are benign.
If they kept their irrational thoughts to themself I wouldn't mind so much, but they don't. They want to indroctinate you, your children and codify their myths into law.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Actually there's plenty of

Actually there's plenty of people who claim to be atheists even say we shouldn't argue against peole's beliefs. I definitely disagree. With all the negative things religious people do (anti-abortion, anti-gay, "blue laws", etc) because of their irrational beliefs, there really needs to be a counter.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Voided
User is offlineOffline
I think this has something

I think this has something to do with privilege. As in the idea that taking things away that make things fair or secular it is somehow unfair or banning religion. Sort of like the idea that saying Happy Holidays is anti-christian.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I've said it before.

I've said it before. Christians seem to feel they are being persecuted against when they are prevented from persecuting others. They also seem to simply have a persecution complex.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Well there are those who say

Well there are those who say the bible tells them they will be hated so it doesn't mean anything when people don't like what they are trying to do...

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Is it any surprise they are

Is it any surprise they are hated when they try to force their irrational shit on everyone else? Not surprised she is that far to the right. Why shouldn't she be against abortion/birth control? Having a face like that is probably the most effective form of birth control there is! :ROTF:

Voided
User is offlineOffline
I don't know she could

I don't know she could install a tentacle or something.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Maybe she has one or more!

Maybe she has one or more! Shocked

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
To the homepage this goes.

To the homepage this goes.

Godslayer
User is offlineOffline
What a fucking lunatic?!...I

What a fucking lunatic?!...I can’t help but think that if a very small percentage of people believed in a deity, she would probably be placed in a mental institute, and she would be taken right out of office.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Shit dude you don't even

Shit dude you don't even need to have that look at the 1st amendment.

edit: I was too quick with words.

Godslayer
User is offlineOffline
Yea, I know, but is no one

Yea, I know, but is no one in any position is doing anything about it or at least not with any sense of urgency, right? I am making some assumptions.

Godslayer
User is offlineOffline
The constitution does not

The constitution does not work unless someone applies it, enforces it.

Godslayer
User is offlineOffline
someone needs to take that

someone needs to take that crazy bitch to court though

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Better yet, to the looney

Better yet, to the looney bin. For those who don't know, she played a big part in Bush getting elected in 2000.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
You know what’s kinda

You know what’s kinda sad...

If I remember right the executive branch is the one that enforces and the legislative is the one that makes the laws, but here we basically have the same group in charge of both...

Now the judicial is the one that interrupts, but they are chicken shits and are starting to have their power limited...

Comic relief: word thinks I misspelled shits...

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
All but 2 of the supreme

All but 2 of the supreme court justices were appointed by either Reagan or one of the Bushes.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
I hate to be a

I hate to be a revolutionary, but if this kind of thing keep up the thought would cross my mind more then once...