We're garnering attention in a Church

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
We're garnering attention in a Church

I asked for the name of Church and the Pastor... I'd like a public debate.

Quote:
----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Sep 21, 2006 11:41 AM

ha dude me and my brother had to go to church (stupid court thing for spay painting an anarchy sign on a church van) but this church talked about you guys. i was like DUDE! i have them on my myspace. and they did a crappy job of stealing your guys Badge and putting there crap down. "You dont believe in god? We Can Fix That!" i was like dude these people suck RRS rules.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
First of all , I am glad to

First of all , I am glad to hear you admit that vandalism is a stupid thing to do.

They are probably talking about us because for far too long most people in this country lived by the notion that they had to respect everyone's religion. Says who? Why should I show respect to a fairy tale that a large number of people believe? I respect their right to believe anything the choose but not the thing itself. We expose their nonsense here on a daily bais and they many people are visiting this site. There nonsene doesn't fare too well when we expose it, so they get upset.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
wait..the court ordered you

wait..the court ordered you to go to church? They can't do that....maybe community service..but they forced you to go to church?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Angelic_Atheist
Angelic_Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Directly ordering one to

Directly ordering one to church, as punishment / rehabilitation by a court is endorsement of a religion...illegal right??

What if attending church services was on a list of options??

We must favor verifiable evidence over private feeling. Otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable to those who would obscure the truth.
~ Richard Dawkins

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd contact the ACLU. They

I'd contact the ACLU. They love to fight this kind of fight.
http://www.aclu.org/

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, that's pretty fucked

Yeah, that's pretty fucked up. And wouldn't that be a copyright violation?

Voided
User is offlineOffline
They way I would fight this

They way I would fight this though is a simple "I just want them to stop doing it." If you ask for money people will just paint it as just a lawsuit to get a quick buck.

That kinda goes for RRS and the kid. I would think it would be fine to have the kid clean up around the church for awhile, but I would think if would be fine if a kid had to clean up around someone's house for egging it or something.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
They above email says they

They above email says they had to go to church due to a judges order. It doesn't say clean up around it (which would have been constitutional). Forcing someone to sit through an indoctrination service is akin to mental abuse.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
well yes mental abuse is bad

well yes mental abuse is bad which was why I'm saying someone one might want to sue Eye-wink

But cleaning up your mess and working off your damage isn't that bad of a deal. I thought that was kind of the idea behind community service.