Crop Circles

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Crop Circles

I would consider the belief that crop circles are created by aliens/government conspiracy/anything supernatural completely irrational, especially since a few years ago some people showed exactly how it's done. And idiots still believe in this nonsense! Oh well, people still believe Elvis is alive and believe in God, too! Jawdropping!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

spentley
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:I would

MattShizzle wrote:
I would consider the belief that crop circles are created by aliens/government conspiracy/anything supernatural completely irrational, especially since a few years ago some people showed exactly how it's done. And idiots still believe in this nonsense! Oh well, people still believe Elvis is alive and believe in God, too! :jawdrop:

thats interesting.

Personally I don't think crop circles are formed by Aliens.

Even though some people have come forward showing their devices and methods of making them. I don't think this rules that every crop circle on the planet was created by people either.

The theory that aliens create them, seems highly unlikely. Very unlikely.

The theory that people create them, seems more likely... but does that constitue it being irrational.

I'm not too sure. Is there enough evidence to suggest that humans have made every crop circle??

for me, the answer to that question is the same answer to the question of it being irrational.

cuz if they never made them all, who made the other ones. Plus, i don't think any of the real complex crop circles have ever been taken credit for by humans (could be wrong though).

God is the omnimax creator by definition of major religions. If there is evidence that the religion is incorrect about the nature of reality, then there is evidence that the God the religion defines does not exist.

Ivan_Ivanov
Ivan_Ivanov's picture
User is offlineOffline
spentley wrote:I'm not too

spentley wrote:
I'm not too sure. Is there enough evidence to suggest that humans have made every crop circle??

Is there enough evidence to suggest that every toothbrush is made by humans?
Is there enough evidence to suggest that every beer bottle was made by humans??
Is there enough evidence to suggest that every fucking strawberry pie was made by humans???

No there isn't. We don't document the creation of every toothbrush, beer bottle, or a strawberry pie, yet no one in their right mind would suggest they were made by someone else.

Do you know why?
Because there is no evidence that any of these things were ever made by anything else then a human!

Quote:
for me, the answer to that question is the same answer to the question of it being irrational.

So I take it, you agree that the answer is "yes" to both questions?

Quote:
cuz if they never made them all, who made the other ones.

I'd put it differently:
"If humans are the only creatures that we encountered, that are capable of making crop circles, what reason is there to believe there are any 'other ones'?"

Quote:
Plus, i don't think any of the real complex crop circles have ever been taken credit for by humans (could be wrong though).

Is that complex enough for you?
It's from a group that calls themselves the "Circel Makers".
They have a site: http://www.circlemakers.org/

Crop Circle believers are worse then creationists...

Oh and by the way:
Hi everyone! The Rational Responders and a couple of others might know me from the Infidel Guy boards.
After Todangst's suggestion I decided to have a look at the forums. It seems like it's fun over here, so I guess I'll hang around for a while.

Zero
Website Admin
Zero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome

Ivan_Ivanov wrote:
Hi everyone! The Rational Responders and a couple of others might know me from the Infidel Guy boards.
After Todangst's suggestion I decided to have a look at the forums. It seems like it's fun over here, so I guess I'll hang around for a while.

Welcome! And good job debunking crop circles myths. I think I have a crop circle book on my book shelf that someone gave me a long time ago to "prove" that crop circles were from aliens. It was a fun and intersting read in the same way that reading Grimm's Fairy Tales were fun and intersting to read right before my mommy tucked me into bed.

..zero..
href="http://www.doubledoh.com" title="DoubleDoh Shirts" alt="DoubleDoh Shirts">DoubleDoh

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Welcome aboard Ivan, nice to

Welcome aboard Ivan, nice to see you in these parts.

floatingegg
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:I would

MattShizzle wrote:
I would consider the belief that crop circles are created by aliens/government conspiracy/anything supernatural completely irrational, especially since a few years ago some people showed exactly how it's done. And idiots still believe in this nonsense! Oh well, people still believe Elvis is alive and believe in God, too! :jawdrop:

Have you read the Amanda Bloom thread? We had a pleasant discussion about crop circles there which you might find amusing, though I must admit that I prefer your thread. Laughing out loud

Ivan_Ivanov
Ivan_Ivanov's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zero wrote:It was a fun and

Zero wrote:
It was a fun and intersting read in the same way that reading Grimm's Fairy Tales were fun and intersting to read right before my mommy tucked me into bed.

Bah, don't know why, but this sort of thing was never fun to me.
I always get frustrated when reading bullshit.
The first thing I think is "no... this can't be serious, no one is this stupid"... by the time I realize it is, and many people are, I feel like shooting myself.

Anyways, thanks for the welcome, it's nice to be here.