The only Frank Walton post you will ever need to read.

RationalRespons...
Moderator
RationalResponseSquad's picture
Posts: 556
Joined: 2006-08-17
User is offlineOffline
The only Frank Walton post you will ever need to read.

http://atheismsucks-sucks.blogspot.com 

Dear Rook,

Before I received your letter this morning, I had never heard of Frank Walton and, as far as I can recall no one with that name has ever written to me. I did receive a letter from a certain Tim O'Neill, who, after asking him to identify himself, replied that he was an amateur researcher, interested in questions of the historical Jesus, a claim which I credited as, among other things, his assumptions about academic credentials were, at best, naive. I receive such letters frequently and so, after a cursory check of the name on Google, I responded.

He reported to me that you had made a public claim that your book was to be published in the Copenhagen International seminar, a monograph series for which I am responsible. Since, as you know, I am in fact currently reviewing your monograph and considering it for publication, I wrote you immediately and asked you to remove any such claim from your web site, which you immediately agreed to do, without objection and without questioning my request. With that I was satisfied. Such misunderstandings frequently occur, I felt, and are easily corrected.

However, I must thank you for referring me to the criticism you have received on Frank Walton's blog, which I have just read. Dated September 14, this person claims that he had written to me--apparently, I now assume, posing as Tim O'Neill to prevent me in identifying him or his blog. In Frank Walton's blog, following a rather scurrilous description of your academic interests, he accuses you of lying regarding a claim that the book you now have in progress is to be "peer reviewed" for the Copenhagen series. This statement of yours, however, is true and I hardly have any objection to this description--as it accords well with our discussions in the past.

In quoting my letter (without my consent or knowledge), not only has Frank Walton deleted the name of Tim O'Neill in the address and claimed that the letter was to himself, he also has deleted the question he in fact had asked in his letter to me--not whether your book was to be "peer reviewed" and under consideration for publication in our series, but rather, whether the book had been already accepted for publication. That he has switched his questions is, of course, unknown to the readers of his blog and thoroughly dishonest.

If you consider it useful to cite this letter in responding to Frank Walton's slander, you have both my permission and best wishes.

I hope the blog-storm that the unethical misuse of my letters has created will not effect your consideration of our series for your monograph and that you will allow me to continue with my review of the book as heretofore planned.

Yours sincerely,
Thomas

Thomas L. Thompson
University of Copenhagen

Books from Thomas L. Thompson purchased here sends roughly 6% to the RRS

_______________________________________

Here is another blog exposing Christianities Prince Frank Walton.


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
Snarf wrote: If the site

Snarf wrote:

If the site was unmonitored, like a telephone company that doesn’t listen in on what’s said, which means it can’t be sued successfully most of the time unless is avoids its responsibility, then you would not be liable.  As it is, you act as a “monitor” of what’s said, and that means that you are liable for libel and defamation of character.  Things said against a private citizen that are untrue, once exposed, must be retracted and corrected.

In this case, every comment that says I am Frank Walton is untrue and therefore a defamation of my character and name.  By being a Mod and not removing said false and slanderous statements, you are complicit.  That means, my young friend, liable…

So if someone calls me Bob Hope on a forum I can sue the forum and all the mods?

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
Snarf wrote: You are a

Snarf wrote:

You are a good kid.  Like to play poker Ryan, or drink beer?  Send me a PM and I'll send you an email address.  We can work it out after that.  See Brian, there are smart and reasonable people here.  You just don't happen to be one of them...

I love to drink beer.  Used to play poker back in the day.  Just haven't recently.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


Tarpan
Special Agent
Posts: 26
Joined: 2006-06-06
User is offlineOffline
Watcher might be Adolf

Watcher might be Adolf Hitler.

Sue me Watcher. 


Snarf
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2008-01-23
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote: Snarf

Watcher wrote:
Snarf wrote:

If the site was unmonitored, like a telephone company that doesn’t listen in on what’s said, which means it can’t be sued successfully most of the time unless is avoids its responsibility, then you would not be liable.  As it is, you act as a “monitor” of what’s said, and that means that you are liable for libel and defamation of character.  Things said against a private citizen that are untrue, once exposed, must be retracted and corrected.

In this case, every comment that says I am Frank Walton is untrue and therefore a defamation of my character and name.  By being a Mod and not removing said false and slanderous statements, you are complicit.  That means, my young friend, liable…

So if someone calls me Bob Hope on a forum I can sue the forum and all the mods?

You can sue anyone for nearly anything.  It doesn't mean your suit will be successful, it means you can screw with their lives and the lawyers will get paid, as usual.

 

 As for suing because of what someone said, it depends on what they said and how public that person is.  If I said Julia Roberts is a lousy actress, I'm in the clear because she's a public figure and that's what she does.  If however I say she murdered six babies, then I'm in deep shit...

 

 


Snarf
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2008-01-23
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:

Watcher wrote:

Snarf wrote:

You are a good kid. Like to play poker Ryan, or drink beer? Send me a PM and I'll send you an email address. We can work it out after that. See Brian, there are smart and reasonable people here. You just don't happen to be one of them...

I love to drink beer. Used to play poker back in the day. Just haven't recently.

I’d love to chat with you Ryan but my Inbox, like many of my posts, has disappeared…

I’d love to chat with you Ryan but my Inbox, like many of my posts, has disappeared.

 

If I could use it, then I could find out if you were NSEW of the airport. I could even have you call me since that piece of shit  is too chicken to do so himself. Who knows, maybe you and I can get some Texas Hold'em going. I love to play...

 


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Snarf wrote:

Snarf wrote:

In this case, every comment that says I am Frank Walton is untrue and therefore a defamation of my character and name.

And yet you have yet to point to a single place where anyone has asserted in a factual manner that you are Frank Walton.

Feel free to do that.

For the record, this is exactly how Frank Walton argues. He strawmans an argument then dodges every question that exposes the strawman and acts like a little bitch as he goes through the whole process. Sounds real familiar here... and you think you've got a case? JUST LIKE FRANK WALTON WOULD!

Your whole case would be thrown out rather early, with you only about $1,000 in the hole.

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Snarf
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2008-01-23
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:

 

You've backed yourself into a corner Brian, and so have I. Do us both a favor and just call me. In ten minutes you can make this all go away. Now that's a good call...


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Snarf wrote: Quote: So if

Snarf wrote:
Quote:

So if someone calls me Bob Hope on a forum I can sue the forum and all the mods?

You can sue anyone for nearly anything. It doesn't mean your suit will be successful, it means you can screw with their lives and the lawyers will get paid, as usual.

 

You've already been building a great case against yourself.  You seem to recognize you'd have no legal recourse and admittedly only want to screw with peoples lives.  Sounds like something that we could energize people to donate for a legal defense fund.  Also sounds like you may end having to pay their lawyers fees of whoever you choose to sue on this matter. 

Suing to screw with peoples lives, eh?  Great motive, from the guy who supposedly dislikes Frank Walton tactics, created a blog that was supposed to allow comments from everyone in the interest of free speech.  A guy who said he wanted a place to allow anyone to comment, a guy who deleted many comments from many activists who posted links to Frank Walton exposes on your blog.  A guy who then removed most of those comments (tons of print screen evidence against you) just like Frank Walton would, who then hated Frank and his approach so much that after it was proposed that he and Frank may be one and the same... he changed his blog to an Anti-RRS site and seems to have loosened up on Frank Walton even more than he had already.

Furthermore, Frank Walton rarely links to his most keen enemies and debunkers.  He has however linked to you several times.  The puzzle fits.  Your ip in maryland checks out as Hughes, which lends credence to your story.  You may be telling the truth, but your skeptical analysis ability is highly lacking, just like Franks.  Furthermore not many of us believe that Frank Walton is his real name, since his real name is unknown, it has been mentioned that John Deering may be his real name.  Nobody around here claims to know, but it seems most of us are highly skeptical of your claims, and a rational person can easily see why.

 

Want to stop being compared to Frank?  Stop acting like him. 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Snarf wrote: I’d love

Snarf wrote:

I’d love to chat with you Ryan but my Inbox, like many of my posts, has disappeared.

That's because you're ability to private message has been removed.


- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Snarf
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2008-01-23
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Snarf

 

Since the Mods will catch this soon, why don't you stop acting like Frank and just call.  Or have Ryan do it.  It's an easy number: 512-3xx-xxx8.  Would Frank do that?  I don't bloody think so.  But you know what, I would, and I just did...


Snarf
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2008-01-23
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Snarf

Sapient wrote:
Snarf wrote:

I’d love to chat with you Ryan but my Inbox, like many of my posts, has disappeared.

That's because you're ability to private message has been removed.

So I see.  Damn shame that.  I wanted to invite Ryan to poker…


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)


Snarf
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2008-01-23
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle

MattShizzle wrote:

Highly possible.  How exactly does that change the facts?  It doesn’t…


Tarpan
Special Agent
Posts: 26
Joined: 2006-06-06
User is offlineOffline
Just as a general statement

Just as a general statement to anyone who posts on this thread, or is a mod of this site...

Due to his claims to be activly perparing legal action against us all individually named no communcation on any topic should take place with this person without legal representation.


Snarf
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2008-01-23
User is offlineOffline
Snarf wrote:Sapient

 

No ringy ringy?  That’s so very disappointing.  You can’t know the Devil unless you call out for him.  You can’t know the truth until you are willing to accept it…

 


Snarf
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2008-01-23
User is offlineOffline
Tarpan wrote:

[mod edit: more of the same stuff, read sapients post below]


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
If you treat this post in a

If you treat this post in a flippant manner you're not helping your case.

Snarf wrote:


But Brian, you yourself called me "Frank".


I never referred to you in a serious conclusive manner that you are Frank, that I can recall. I don't remember seeing anyone else do that either. Point me to specifics. Quote the specific wordings that bother you, and they will all be looked at.



Quote:
The implications are entirely clear. It's obvious that you think I'm Frank Walton, a person you hate and say terrible things about.


I'd give it about a 65% chance that you're Frank. If you're not Frank, you're still probably not the kind of guy I would like, so I'm not sure what it matters. I could say quite a few terrible things about you "John Deering" the guy who definetly isn't Frank, you do realize youve been doing some terrible things on your own, right? What you're doing is a terroristic act, a game of threats and imposing fear on to people. Do you get off on that? Does it make you feel better about yourself?



Quote:
As for money, I've been on a sabbatical for three years. Why do you think I had time to fight with someone like Frank?


Traditionally Frank has seemed to have a great deal of time to create fake accounts, some that are even supposed to be anti-Frank. I don't know why you'd have time, it could be for any number of reasons including the sabbatical you mention. But you also must realize that Frank is seen as the kind of person with the time.

Quote:
I hate his kind of Christianity with a passion. I always hate stupidity and the inability of someone, like you, to admit when you are wrong.


I've admitted when I was wrong quite a few times. Saying that I am someone who is unable to admit when they are wrong is something, you know who... would say.



Quote:
It's as simple as that Brian. Three minutes on the phone with me and you'd understand that. Do you have that within you?


Yes, but I see it as pointless. Considering I've never talked to the real Frank Walton I'm not sure how conclusive that could be. I don't recall ever hearing his voice, and furthermore there aren't many people that I know that believe the picture he has posted of himself is really him, I know I don't. In fact more people view him like they view the guy pictured in the John Deering passport you posted.

Frank Walton claims to be in his early 20's, african american, married, with a kid or two... many of us think that means he's really a 40 something hillbilly loner caucasian man. He's distorted facts so often that people tend to assume the opposite of what he says.

You as a (ex?)Frank Walton hater should recognize that, and recognize that this is why it would seem to fit, in the mind of the skeptic. You should also recognize that if you're telling the truth, it is a very hard thing to prove. Because of the fact that "John Deering" could be the real life name of "Frank Walton" and that Frank may look completely different than the picture he posted of himself, it's a near impossible task for you to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are actually a different person.

A phone call obviously doesn't prove the case entirely, and to be honest, to preserve my safety, time, and personal mental health, I'd rather not speak with you via phone.

You know that many online telephone service providers offer the ability for their consumers to get a phone number in almost any area code? Skype and Gizmo both allow you to get phone numbers for area codes around the globe. It's only like $20-$35 for the number, and tons of minutes. This makes the area code you offer, inconclusive of proving you are actually in that code. I will give you, that the phone number you provided and seem to have called from, does have your name and texas information.

With all of that said, you as a rational individual should realize that peoples doubts with Frank run high. There are a very select few things via online that can be done to prove conclusively you are or aren't him. You should get a thicker skin and realize people are allowed to theorize and even joke about the possibility that you may be him. Further if you had recognized the people here as skeptics instead of embracing actions typical of Frank, possibly played a little nicer... you probably would have had most of us convinced by now.

The fact that you seem to fail to recognize that, and how ther world is working around you, very much reminds me personally of how Frank Walton has reacted before. The side of me that wants to believe your story keeps getting beat up by the side that sees the similarities. With that said, I asked the atheismsucks-sucks guys to change your status of similarity from "highly likely" to "possible." If you have a problem with that, and this doesn't rectify your past issues with him, you will be giving us one more piece to the puzzle that doesn't seem to fit. You can't expect people not to doubt, and you can't win a lawsuit against them because of their beliefs on the grounds of screwing with them.



Quote:
You've backed yourself into a corner Brian, and so have I. Do us both a favor and just call me. In ten minutes you can make this all go away. Now that's a good call...



It's only because of this "human" aspect of you that I've entertained this much of the post. I hope you realize I can't talk to everyone on the phone, that I prefer to keep my communication with you public. Hopefully you'll be happy with very small updates to be made to a few of the posts within the next day or so to lessen the wording around your connection... however please understand that all of us still have doubts. Doubting a persons story and publicly speaking about those doubts is not illegal. You've got no case, just a big waste of your money and time.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Snarf
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2008-01-23
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:If you treat

 

Your paranoia has gotten to you Brian.  You’ve let your war with Frank get out of hand, as I did, and now you don't know who to trust.  I am not your average person.  You can, and should, spend a few minutes on the phone with me.  Not doing so would mean that your hunt for Frank is that much weaker.  Not only am I not Frank, I have a long, long history of beating the crap out of the Christians at www.politicalcrossfire.com.  You should go there and look up the posts by Snarf.  You'll realize in short order that you are not dealing with whomever Frank Walton is.  God help the poor SOB.

 The reason I'm in a better state is because we've now moved into the realm of the absurd.  You should be aware of that Brian.  You have only a small step or two to take to make me go away.  And your Mods, for all their concerns, are now aware that they are a party to what goes on here.  That is true regardless of what I do.  I am, believe it or not, a "reasonable guy", but I need you and this site to acknowledge the only reasonable explanation, and that is that I think very little of Walton as well but that I'm not him.  His madness is his own, mine madness is my own.  That’s true for all of us.

   If you have a case against him, then you do, but as soon as you put me in there, a real person who is not Frank Walton, everything you think you have instantly becomes suspect.  Is that what you want?  I don't think so.

I want out of the War Brian.  I want off your site and others.  I want the unfounded rumor that I'm Walton to go away and I want it to go away soon.  You have the power to do that Brian, and it's the right thing to do.  Do the right thing Brian.  If you're not sure, then call me and I will make a believer out of you.  Even a skeptic has to be open to the truth when it's presented, and Brian, I have the truth, in spades...


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Snarf wrote: Sapient

Snarf wrote:
Sapient wrote:
Snarf wrote:
Quote:

So if someone calls me Bob Hope on a forum I can sue the forum and all the mods?

You can sue anyone for nearly anything. It doesn't mean your suit will be successful, it means you can screw with their lives and the lawyers will get paid, as usual.

 

You've already been building a great case against yourself. You seem to recognize you'd have no legal recourse and admittedly only want to screw with peoples lives. Sounds like something that we could energize people to donate for a legal defense fund. Also sounds like you may end having to pay their lawyers fees of whoever you choose to sue on this matter.

Suing to screw with peoples lives, eh? Great motive, from the guy who supposedly dislikes Frank Walton tactics, created a blog that was supposed to allow comments from everyone in the interest of free speech. A guy who said he wanted a place to allow anyone to comment, a guy who deleted many comments from many activists who posted links to Frank Walton exposes on your blog. A guy who then removed most of those comments (tons of print screen evidence against you) just like Frank Walton would, who then hated Frank and his approach so much that after it was proposed that he and Frank may be one and the same... he changed his blog to an Anti-RRS site and seems to have loosened up on Frank Walton even more than he had already.

Furthermore, Frank Walton rarely links to his most keen enemies and debunkers. He has however linked to you several times. The puzzle fits. Your ip in maryland checks out as Hughes, which lends credence to your story. You may be telling the truth, but your skeptical analysis ability is highly lacking, just like Franks. Furthermore not many of us believe that Frank Walton is his real name, since his real name is unknown, it has been mentioned that John Deering may be his real name. Nobody around here claims to know, but it seems most of us are highly skeptical of your claims, and a rational person can easily see why.

 

Want to stop being compared to Frank? Stop acting like him.

Since the Mods will catch this soon, why don't you stop acting like Frank and just call. Or have Ryan do it. It's an easy number: 512-3xx-xxx8. Would Frank do that? I don't fucking think so. But you know what, I would, and I just did...

Potentially he would. He's never really outed himself to the skeptic. I always thought he was the guy in the youtube videos whom he claims is Ted Bell. The guy in those videos looks a tiny bit like your passport pic from what I remember and from looking at one with his face blacked out and the other with panties on his head.

This would be a self centered attention grabbing way for Frank to come out for once as his real personality, while claiming to use his real personality to clear himself of that name. Maybe that's why this is so important to you? Maybe it's because you are Frank, and it's really important that we all dissacociate the name John Deering with Frank Walton. Honestly I don't know. I do know that a community filled with skeptics smells something fishy. And we're not taking kindly to the threats. You're not dealing with a pansy pushover college kid anymore... if in fact Walton is a different person altogether. We're a little stronger and a little more unified than that.

Frank rubs me as the kind of guy who would do such a thing. I don't think he is stupid, I think it's more likely that he is highly cunning and doesn't pursue the truth, he simply is wayyyy too attached to his invisible friend.

I'd love for "Ted Bell" "John Deering" "Frank Walton" "Scary Jesus" "Rational Response Squad Jr." "Terry Pritchard" "M" and "Corey Washington" to all take pictures of themselves holding up signs that say who they are. Such pictures would be subject to viewing by a photo wiz from our site to determine if foul play is involved.

Most of us here at the RRS have our real faces up somewhere. Our identities aren't hidden. Yet you cover your face on your passport "Ted Bell" where's a stocking on his face, and I'm not friends with anyone who thinks the picture Frank Walton uses for himself is Frank Walton. You cover up your face on your passport pic, you show mail without your address, it is clear you seek a level of privacy, most of us have exposed our faces, and in my case as you know, my real name. And get this... it was in part to do the right thing and file a complaint against someone who I felt unjustifiably filed one on me. Thank Jake I managed to get the help of some of the best lawyers in the world to get involved with the case.

If only some of the afforementioned people would take pictures of themselves holding a sign without covering their faces, it would obviously help to clear some names, but it might also start to show which personalities have multiple personas.

I'm not asking you to reveal your true identity, merely offering the sort of solution that would be required to remove a skeptics doubt. We are skeptics. A single picture from you as John Deering doesn't prove much and I'm fairly certain the other names won't be submitting pictures, even if you say you'll do it. If none of them do it, and you do, it doesn't clear your name anymore, it merely shows us that there is a man out there willing to hold an "I am John Deering" sign... pictures from Frank and the rest of the cast would help clear all of your names.

However in my opinion if I was any of you... I wouldn't out myself.

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Snarf wrote:

Snarf wrote:


Your paranoia has gotten to you Brian. You’ve let your war with Frank get out of hand, as I did, and now you don't know who to trust. I am not your average person. You can, and should, spend a few minutes on the phone with me. Not doing so would mean that your hunt for Frank is that much weaker.


Maybe after I gain a little more respect for you and feel secure doing so. I don't think it's paranoia, as much as it is being cautious.

Of course there's that skeptical bone too... the sort of "show me proof" crowd that I often fit into.



Quote:
Not only am I not Frank, I have a long, long history of beating the crap out of the Christians at www.politicalcrossfire.com.

You should go there and look up the posts by Snarf. You'll realize in short order that you are not dealing with whomever Frank Walton is. God help the poor SOB.


I've allowed you to tell your side of the story here in this thread. You are on the record as stating you are not Frank Walton, mods can change any reference (and are encouraged to help) change any reference to John Deering from "highly likely" to "possible." I am asking right here in public for my mods to ensure that at least this one post stay on record, so that "John Deering" may at least alert the audience to his views on this matter.



Quote:
The reason I'm in a better state is because we've now moved into the realm of the absurd. You should be aware of that Brian. You have only a small step or two to take to make me go away.


I feel I've already taken those steps now, in offering a revised title, allowing you to state your case, and spent at least 8 hours addressing issues pertaining to your needs and your wants on a site that for the most part, I pay for. I'd appreciate some respect in return in not requiring a phone call, which I don't feel secure on, being the key to your happiness. Such action is irrational, and not as reasonable as you are trying to present it to be. So if you back away from that stance, I think we could call this matter resolved.



Quote:
And your Mods, for all their concerns, are now aware that they are a party to what goes on here. That is true regardless of what I do.


I have seen a lawsuit from a man who was reporting defamation of character and a bunch of individuals were included from the James Randi website. It is true, we are all just as liable for what we say online. But one would think, if you recognize that, you wouldn't have beeb so quick to threaten, and do so rather boldly I must say.



Quote:
I am, believe it or not, a "reasonable guy", but I need you and this site to acknowledge the only reasonable explanation, and that is that I think very little of Walton as well but that I'm not him. His madness is his own, mine madness is my own. That’s true for all of us.


See... you've been allowed to say it, unedited.

Your word is your bond.


Quote:


If you have a case against him, then you do, but as soon as you put me in there, a real person who is not Frank Walton, everything you think you have instantly becomes suspect. Is that what you want? I don't think so.


It's not suspect amongst a skeptical crowd. And I think a judge will have no problem with anything any of the skeptics have said. They're allowed to be skeptical, it's not illegal yet.



Quote:
I want out of the War Brian. I want off your site and others. I want the unfounded rumor that I'm Walton to go away and I want it to go away soon. You have the power to do that Brian, and it's the right thing to do. Do the right thing Brian. If you're not sure, then call me and I will make a believer out of you.


Then be out of the war. You're the one here fighting. You're on our site, remember? Your name will be changed to "possible" instead of "highly likely" a disclaimer linking to you claiming to be a seperate person will be added prominently at the begginning. However your name will NOT be completely removed and it is perfectly within everyones rights involved. You yourself have numerous mentions to all of the people involved, including using personal information that was not expressly permissioned by the person you were/are seeking to threaten and scare. Since you name so many people, you should understand even more why it's ok that we/me/others reference you by name. We're only using the name to your public profile.

Your demands go against our/my codes of ethics, and I can't fully meet them. As a reasonable person please understand this and feel free to join me in this middleground.



Quote:
Even a skeptic has to be open to the truth when it's presented, and Brian, I have the truth, in spades...


You are more believable now then when I first saw your blog, you also became more Frank-like up until the last post or two. Because of the nature of the "personalities" involved, I'm not sure if my picture request is even in the realm of possibility. I'm not sure if you'll ever fully convince me, but maybe you'll convince some readers. You're position on the matter is being heard, thanks for presenting it in a more cordial manner.

To give you a scope of my "paranoia" I do actually feel as if I'm talking to "Frank Walton", when I talk to you. I wouldn't bet more than $10 on it though. Eye-wink

Furthermore may I make it known that your actions determine how people view you. If you continously start attacking the RRS as you are now doing on your anti-frank walton blog, people will continue to make that correlation potentially increasing peoples beliefs that you are one and the same.

In two weeks if (you)John Deering are still talking all kinds of smack about us here when I'm obviously going out of my way to give what could be an honest man, an amicable solution, then that will add another piece to this puzzle. That "likelihood" could increase in the future based on your future actions is what I'm saying (it's a legal disclaimer, you know since you threatened to sue me so many times).

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Snarf
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2008-01-23
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Snarf

I’ll tell you what Brian, as a good-faith gesture, I will blow away my “RRS kids are idiots” blog. That being done, I will even forgo an apology because I’m not sure what it would take to convince you that I’m not that nutter Walton. However, that said, I want my name off this website.

Because it's the right thing to do, I am going to disappear off your phone, off Mr. Atheist’s phone, and off this forum.  I want my name off the site and off the Atheism sucks-sucks blog, and I’m quite sure you can make that happen. Doing that would be very much appreciated. Realize that this is not how Walton, what little time I’ve been exposed to him and I wish to hell I hadn’t been, would handle things. I still think the War has gotten to you but it’s your grave. You can dig as much as you wish. I’ve certainly dug a few myself in my time including one here.

As they say in my poker games, “I’m out”. If you’re going to chase Walton to the Gates of Hell, then do so, but I’m not him so heading my direction is only wasting your time. My apologies to Mr. Atheist. He seems like a nice guy. I’d have sent him an email but I had to spend some time with the wife. She btw, will be thrilled if this is my last war. I might just make that come true.

Good luck folks. Snarf has left the forum...
 


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Not only am I not

Quote:
Not only am I not Frank, I have a long, long history of beating the crap out of the Christians at www.politicalcrossfire.com.

 

You should go there and look up the posts by Snarf.

Just FYI a bunch of people use the name Snarf online, I actually know an atheist who goes by WebSnarf.  In fact he's rather popular.  I know you aren't him because I saw the picture.  I have yet to ask websnarf if it is him, however my point remains that it could be anyone named snarf. 

I haven't looked but maybe you have made posts as "snarf" over there and signed off with the name "John Deering?"  If so, please feel free to link me.  Furthermore if you haven't done so before, maybe you could create a new post as "snarf" on their site and say "This is John Deering" within 30 minutes or so?

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Snarf
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2008-01-23
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Quote: Not

Sapient wrote:

Quote:
Not only am I not Frank, I have a long, long history of beating the crap out of the Christians at www.politicalcrossfire.com.

 

You should go there and look up the posts by Snarf.

Just FYI a bunch of people use the name Snarf online, I actually know an atheist who goes by WebSnarf.  In fact he's rather popular.  I know you aren't him because I saw the picture.  I have yet to ask websnarf if it is him, however my point remains that it could be anyone named snarf. 

I haven't looked but maybe you have made posts as "snarf" over there and signed off with the name "John Deering?"  If so, please feel free to link me.  Furthermore if you haven't done so before, maybe you could create a new post as "snarf" on their site and say "This is John Deering" within 30 minutes or so?

http://www.politicalcrossfire.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2580459#2580459

I have years of history there but I can't say much of it you can still see.  My writing style is distinctive.  No one there but the admins knows my real name.  I's like to keep it that way.  I'm sure you understand...

 


Snarf
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2008-01-23
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Quote:Not

Dup post...

 


Snarf
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2008-01-23
User is offlineOffline
It's looking better all the

It's looking better all the time. Thanks.

 

I have email from Scary Jesus btw. His name is Mark C. I don't think he's Frank either. He doesn't write like him and he's nice to me. Here's what confusing information I have from an Anonymous source:

well, it's always been insane around frank. frank is rational response jr, daddy cool, miguel de alba. Rich rodrieguez is atheismsucks-sucks. J.P Holding is debunking crap. Ted bell is abnoxio, the graphic artist who was messing with J.P Holding. John Deering is just a nice enough guy who

wandered into the wrong space. Cory washington is abnoxio, scary jesus is abnoxio, frank walton is allison browne, Terry Pritchard is Rich Rodriguez, scary jesus is Mark Cote, the detective is Scary Jesus

but the thing you can always count on is this; it's always going to be nuts.

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=29571291&postID=8905935299504969716

[mod edit: fixed link] 


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Snarf

Snarf wrote:
http://www.politicalcrossfire.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2580459#2580459

I have years of history there but I can't say much of it you can still see.  My writing style is distinctive.  No one there but the admins knows my real name.  I'd like to keep it that way.  I'm sure you understand...

I didn't read any posts, but you certainly passed a proof test of that account.  Maybe someone with time can take a look at the posts.  I don't have the time, and since it seems like it's over anyway, I'm not going to. 

 

Snarf wrote:

It's looking better all the time. Thanks.

I have email from Scary Jesus btw. His name is Mark C. I don't think he's Frank either.

Several people have vocalized that they believe him to be Frank.  I think there is some other evidence as well, like I said, they can all submit pictures.  (mine is in the header banner)

 

Quote:
He doesn't write like him and he's nice to me. Here's what confusing information I have from an Anonymous source:

well, it's always been insane around frank. frank is rational response jr, daddy cool, miguel de alba. Rich rodrieguez is atheismsucks-sucks. J.P Holding is debunking crap. Ted bell is abnoxio, the graphic artist who was messing with J.P Holding. John Deering is just a nice enough guy who

wandered into the wrong space. Cory washington is abnoxio, scary jesus is abnoxio, frank walton is allison browne, Terry Pritchard is Rich Rodriguez, scary jesus is Mark Cote, the detective is Scary Jesus

 

That's a quote posted on your blog last week, I remember it being one of the quotes that made some of us think you were Frank.  I thought I remember you writing it, I can't remember for sure, or if someone else posted it as anonymous.  If it was an anonymous comment it's could easily be Frank. 

Again this is the type of jibberish to come out of Frank.  Are you using humor?  Your "anonymous source" just happens to have it wrong, but close enough to right, that it sort of looks like it could be accurate.

  Some of the connections there are accurate, some aren't even close.  They are the types of suggestions Frank would want to impose on his audience, removing a little of the guilt from him.  I'm more inclined to believe that everyone that Frank says is stalking him or impersonating him is Frank (unless he links heavily to them, in which case it's probably a real hater).

The only one legit that I know of is Frank Walton Sucks, the account on http://atheismsucks-sucks.blogspot.com 

Quote:
but the thing you can always count on is this; it's always going to be nuts.

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=29571291&postID=8905935299504969716

[mod edit: fixed link] 

There you go, first off John Deering has 3 different pics, one of which is Frank, second of all every single comment seems to be exactly the thing that Frank Walton would say.  Why is that?  Why did you link to it?  What we're you trying to show?  That it's nuts?  Yeah, we know!

The Frank Walton sucks character is one you we're bagging on in the comments, the only one that clearly exposes Frank.  You hated Frank but picked on the one that exposed him the best... why?   

People like Frank Walton need a lot of sockpuppets to make it look like people agree with them.  Or maybe it's just attention.  That's what I feel like is happening here.  It seems to me that you are Frank Walton and you need me to be your daddy. 

What was he doing?  Spoofing you several times? 

Were you spoofing yourself?  WTF!?!?  You're really Frank and you just want to irk us?  WTF!?!>!

 

You should probably just go.

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Snarf
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2008-01-23
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Snarf

Sapient wrote:

Snarf wrote:
http://www.politicalcrossfire.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2580459#2580459

I have years of history there but I can't say much of it you can still see.  My writing style is distinctive.  No one there but the admins knows my real name.  I'd like to keep it that way.  I'm sure you understand...

I didn't read any posts, but you certainly passed a proof test of that account.  Maybe someone with time can take a look at the posts.  I don't have the time, and since it seems like it's over anyway, I'm not going to. 

 

Snarf wrote:

It's looking better all the time. Thanks.

I have email from Scary Jesus btw. His name is Mark C. I don't think he's Frank either.

Several people have vocalized that they believe him to be Frank.  I think there is some other evidence as well, like I said, they can all submit pictures.  (mine is in the header banner)

 

Quote:
He doesn't write like him and he's nice to me. Here's what confusing information I have from an Anonymous source:

well, it's always been insane around frank. frank is rational response jr, daddy cool, miguel de alba. Rich rodrieguez is atheismsucks-sucks. J.P Holding is debunking crap. Ted bell is abnoxio, the graphic artist who was messing with J.P Holding. John Deering is just a nice enough guy who

wandered into the wrong space. Cory washington is abnoxio, scary jesus is abnoxio, frank walton is allison browne, Terry Pritchard is Rich Rodriguez, scary jesus is Mark Cote, the detective is Scary Jesus

 

That's a quote posted on your blog last week, I remember it being one of the quotes that made some of us think you were Frank.  I thought I remember you writing it, I can't remember for sure, or if someone else posted it as anonymous.  If it was an anonymous comment it's could easily be Frank. 

Again this is the type of jibberish to come out of Frank.  Are you using humor?  Your "anonymous source" just happens to have it wrong, but close enough to right, that it sort of looks like it could be accurate.

  Some of the connections there are accurate, some aren't even close.  They are the types of suggestions Frank would want to impose on his audience, removing a little of the guilt from him.  I'm more inclined to believe that everyone that Frank says is stalking him or impersonating him is Frank (unless he links heavily to them, in which case it's probably a real hater).

The only one legit that I know of is Frank Walton Sucks, the account on http://atheismsucks-sucks.blogspot.com 

Quote:
but the thing you can always count on is this; it's always going to be nuts.

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=29571291&postID=8905935299504969716

[mod edit: fixed link] 

There you go, first off John Deering has 3 different pics, one of which is Frank, second of all every single comment seems to be exactly the thing that Frank Walton would say.  Why is that?  Why did you link to it?  What we're you trying to show?  That it's nuts?  Yeah, we know!

The Frank Walton sucks character is one you we're bagging on in the comments, the only one that clearly exposes Frank.  You hated Frank but picked on the one that exposed him the best... why?   

People like Frank Walton need a lot of sockpuppets to make it look like people agree with them.  Or maybe it's just attention.  That's what I feel like is happening here.  It seems to me that you are Frank Walton and you need me to be your daddy. 

What was he doing?  Spoofing you several times? 

Were you spoofing yourself?  WTF!?!?  You're really Frank and you just want to irk us?  WTF!?!>!

 

You should probably just go.

 

First off, the pics change because I changed my profile. Blogger doesn’t update them after you’ve posted, unlike most forums. Secondly, I went after Walton Sucks and AS-sucks because that was the first place to suggest that I was Frank. Since I hate Frank that really pissed me off, and Frank still thinks that I’m Ted Bell. No one seems to believe that I am who I am. As for the picture of Frank with my name on it, that’s the sock puppet. You have to check the blogger id number to see the difference. The faker ends in 908. He normally post really nasty homophobic stuff under Frank’s name but since this whole thing started he’s changed it to my name. That account has been reported. I had to delete a bunch of stuff that I thought was Frank for the very same reason.



There are only two pictures for me and it’s the same id if you check the number. One set of religious icons as hand grenades, and one of poker chips. Same account, two different pics. The Frank pic is the fake account now using my name…



 


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
I just did some checking. 

I just did some checking.  It turns out that at one point "Scary Jesus" signed up for an account with the ip address of Frank Walton.  A confirmed Frank Walton IP address that also happens to match the ip address of "Terry Pritchard" a man who posted links to a site that hates Frank Walton.  The man "Terry Pritchard" who has the same IP address as Frank Walton says on his website:

Mix intense ignorance with a healthy dose of obnoxiousness, sprinkled liberally with spelling and grammatical errors, and top it off with a non stop barrage of personal attacks and name calling and you get atheismsucks! Atheismsucks is a fun site to visit, it’s the proverbial train wreck, with an asshole engineer. I’m not entirely convinced that whole site isn’t a parody designed to embarrass Christians and sucker in the 10 or 12 regular commenters who brutally damage their credibility in the process. If it is a joke, I hope he never let’s on, it’s just too priceless thinking that there are simpletons of that extreme out there. So give it a look, and if you want your comments to show up on atheismsucks, make sure they are either complimentary to the only author, Frank Walton. Or better yet post something horrible about one of his “sworn enemies” that seem to change each week. That’ll get you posted every time!

-Terry Pritchard

 

Say it with me now... the ip of Terry Pritchard who said mean (but seemingly, all true) things about Frank on this site, a confirmed IP from Frank Walton (we know with certainty it was him) and the ip of a "scary jesus" that signed up on this website all match! 

ADMINS OF OTHER FORUMS/SITES THAT WANT TO

HELP FIGURE THE REST OF THIS OUT CAN SEND ME INFO.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Snarf
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2008-01-23
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: I just did

Sapient wrote:

I just did some checking.  It turns out that at one point "Scary Jesus" signed up for an account with the ip address of Frank Walton.  A confirmed Frank Walton IP address that also happens to match the ip address of "Terry Pritchard" a man who posted links to a site that hates Frank Walton.  The man "Terry Pritchard" who has the same IP address as Frank Walton says on his website:

Mix intense ignorance with a healthy dose of obnoxiousness, sprinkled liberally with spelling and grammatical errors, and top it off with a non stop barrage of personal attacks and name calling and you get atheismsucks! Atheismsucks is a fun site to visit, it’s the proverbial train wreck, with an asshole engineer. I’m not entirely convinced that whole site isn’t a parody designed to embarrass Christians and sucker in the 10 or 12 regular commenters who brutally damage their credibility in the process. If it is a joke, I hope he never let’s on, it’s just too priceless thinking that there are simpletons of that extreme out there. So give it a look, and if you want your comments to show up on atheismsucks, make sure they are either complimentary to the only author, Frank Walton. Or better yet post something horrible about one of his “sworn enemies” that seem to change each week. That’ll get you posted every time!

-Terry Pritchard

 

Say it with me now... the ip of Terry Pritchard who said mean (but seemingly, all true) things about Frank on this site, a confirmed IP from Frank Walton (we know with certainty it was him) and the ip of a "scary jesus" that signed up on this website all match! 

ADMINS OF OTHER FORUMS/SITES THAT WANT TO

HELP FIGURE THE REST OF THIS OUT CAN SEND ME INFO.

Have fun guys, and good luck. Scary Jesus is Mark Cote, at least that’s the name on the email he sent me. Either way, I am none of these people, want nothing to do with Frank and company, and I’m gone. This is not my war. I have other fish to fry… 


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Figured I'd address Frank

Figured I'd address Frank Waltons more aggregious posts when I had a second... 

 

Quote:
I just visited Brian Sapient's youtube account

Making your hourly rounds into my life, I see. 

 

Quote:
and to my surprise he just uploaded videos of Michael Shermer. This is the same Michael Shermer that Sapient criticized and lambasted here!

Crazy huh?  How you can disagree with someone on something yet still help them eh?

 

Quote:
Among many things, Sapient accused Shermer of being passive and a hypocrite. If Sapient doesn't like him why is he uploading videos of him?

3 reasons...

1.  Shermer gave me the equivalent of a "you're right."

2.  I respect him more now because of it.

3.  I was asked to help by the Freethought Society of Greater Philadelphia

 

Quote:
It's simple, Sapient is using Shermer's name to spread his own.

Most arguments for Christianity are projections.  Frank Walton however takes his projections to a whole new boundary.  Isn't it ironic that Frank Walton is guilty of cybersquatting crimes?  The equivalent of stealing someones name, but taking it a step further with the title "We are the REAL rational response squad."  Find it ironic?  Anyone?  I know I do.  It's a projection.  Frank is guilty of this crime, the using of others to help build a name for himself and so he sees it in everyone else.  No Frank, we don't all work as sick and disgusting as you do. 

Honestly when I am asked to help other atheist groups I know it is time that I will be spending away from my own work.  On the particular night I committed to filming Shermer there was a death in my family.  I was unable to go, but I made sure they had a camera.  As everyone can see from the video here  it wasn't the best quality.  After the event the President of the FSGP, asked if I would help render the video and get it online.  Because she didn't want to create her own account and I had the ability to upload up to an hour video (a grandfathered feature) on youtube it was determined that I would put it on my youtube account.  Notice the watermark on the video... see how I didn't put my site in there?  Those links were chosen by me... that'll give you an idea of where my mind and heart were. 

There are logical answers to what this twit presents to the public.  It's easy to turn a story on it's head and make it look like something it isn't... even easier when you use your despicable waste of air self as an example, a projector of all that is wrong about you.  Shermer and I engaged in a lengthy email discussion after my open letter.  I kept the resolution of that exchange mostly private as I didn't want to appear to be doing exactly the sort of thing you accuse me of.  Another irony.  It is in fact because Michael Shermer was very humble in stating that my open letter made some good points and that he felt bad about the way he presented it that I stepped away from any sort of public grandstanding.  Since that time we've met in NYC for drinks and were looking forward to getting together that night.

But you wouldn't know any of that know, eh dickface?  Because I hadn't talked about it.  What's that prove?

 

Quote:
It's like what he tried to do to Richard Dawkins (guess what, Sapient still has videos up of Richard Dawkins in his account!).

We haven't tried to do anything to Richard Dawkins.  We're fine with Richard Dawkins, shut the fuck up about your bullshit story about Richard Dawkins.  WAHHHHHHHH  His videos are still there because they put them there, and nobody is taking them down.  Dumbass.

 

Quote:
This shameless action proves that Sapient is an attention whore and he'll use anybody he hates to spread his name.

Another irony.  I don't hate many people.  I don't really even hate you.  However I find your projection of yourself in this case telling.  You must hate me, and you are the shameless attention whore who uses anybody he hates (me in this case) to spread the name: Frank Walton.

 

Stop being stupid.  Stop projecting, and most of all for Jakes sake... stop lying to people.

 

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Minor point(s). Am I the

Minor point(s).

Am I the only one that wondered where all the attention came from after the blasphemy challenge?

How many people openly damned us(pun intended) and then proceeded to 'join' the RRS when a month went by and hundreds of people became interested? Then thousands.

How many people after having been critical of the RRS, then jumped up to say, "Great Job on Nightline!" ?

How many people come here and receive better treatment from the mods than they do in any other place on the internet?

How many books have gotten a boost to their sales because of the RRS?

How many scared theists have tried in vain to counter the RRS?

How much money that could have gone into their own desires has instead found its way to 'foundations', mailing costs, charities, and servers for all of us?

And yet, rather than tooting the proverbial horn for one achievement forever, they move onto the next endeavor.

Pray tell. What has the many-headed, one-brained, half-witted troll named Wank Falton accomplished besides getting banned more times from more places than I've logged on to the internet?

What a sad world Frank lives in? A microcosm of personal failings so vast that it is measured in keystrokes. His only joy is posting to himself.

Does he look into the mirror and practice the chant of the self-hated?

 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote:   I

darth_josh wrote:

 

I don't believe for a second that he looks like that.

 

The reason Frank uses shorturl to link to the RRS is that we send all links from his atheism sucks blog to this picture:

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
Posts: 2811
Joined: 2006-03-10
User is offlineOffline
Snarf wrote:   As they

Snarf wrote:

 



As they say in my poker games, “I’m out”. If you’re going to chase Walton to the Gates of Hell, then do so, but I’m not him so heading my direction is only wasting your time. My apologies to Mr. Atheist. He seems like a nice guy. I’d have sent him an email but I had to spend some time with the wife. She btw, will be thrilled if this is my last war. I might just make that come true.

Good luck folks. Snarf has left the forum...
 

He says four posts ago...

Those who know the good, do the good. - Socrates

Books on atheism.


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: darth_josh

Sapient wrote:
darth_josh wrote:

 

I don't believe for a second that he looks like that.

 

The reason Frank uses shorturl to link to the RRS is that we send all links from his atheism sucks blog to this picture:

 

Skinny guy to fat guy: "When's the last time you saw your dick?"

Fat guy: "Oh it's been a while." 

Skinny guy to fat guy: "Why don't you diet?"

Fat guy: "Why what color is it now?" 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


the_ignored
Posts: 6
Joined: 2007-11-26
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh, I ought to get

darth_josh, I ought to get you for scarring my mind like that!  Anyway, just for the hell of it, one of the commentators on Walton's site (in a post where they talk about Kelly) regards the Journal of the Society for Psychical Research as a scientific peer reviewed journal!

 

Please tell me that this isn't typical of the level of scolarship that goes on over on that site.

 

This is the study he referrs to.

The Bad Grammer Dude


the_ignored
Posts: 6
Joined: 2007-11-26
User is offlineOffline
Well, a cohort of mine at

Well, a cohort of mine at another forum has done some more digging about the sources used by that guy I just mentioned.  As I said, I hope that this isn't the level of scholarship that Walton's commentators usually have...

 

My cohort has submitted that stuff to James Randi for potential inclusion in his SWIFT publication. 

 

What follows is some of what he said to him.  Note that the links that he uses to refute this "adamb" commentator are from adam's own comments that he uses to try to support himself.

 

Quote:
The first url goes to the Scottish Society for Psychical Research and notes extensive "scientific" investigation of the redoubtable Eusapio Palladino (whose career I am sure you are very familiar with), back in the early 1900's. As you, of course, know; Palladino was thoroughly exposed: a magicians wife, a conjuror herself!

The second is a real hoot, for after extensive explanation of the testing of mediums, it concludes thus:

"In short, the present study found no evidence to support the notion that the professional mediums involved in the research were, under controlled conditions, able to demonstrate paranormal or mediumistic ability."

So it appears these Psychical Apologists are citing two references that deny the very premise that they have allegedly scientifically proved! In addition to their other intellectual failings, they seem to be bi-polar! Peer review becomes Jeer review!

 

The Bad Grammer Dude


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
LMAO. Posting the link and

LMAO. Posting the link and then debunking the posted link as two different people.

Talking to yourself is accepted.

Answering yourself can even be acceptable.

However, asking yourself "HUH?" in the same conversation is fucking insane.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


the_ignored
Posts: 6
Joined: 2007-11-26
User is offlineOffline
Well, it looks like Frank

Well, it looks like Frank Walton is taking off from his own blog.

Already there's a fight brewing between his replacement and the buy who runs the "Athiesm Sucks" sucks blog.

The Bad Grammer Dude


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
The latest the Wank has been

The latest the Wank has been up to is causing trouble on the Berks County atheist meetup site. He came on saying he was there to answer any questions we had about atheism. I warned everyone what he was like. Now everyone seen some of his posts on that about.com website. A few people said he's obvously a nutcase and will likely be trouble. I said again how he was an asshat and what he was like here and how he's had a hard on for this site ever since.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team