I need your help, Rational Responders

Limbo
User is offlineOffline
I need your help, Rational Responders

Hello all,

I've heard of the good work Rational Response Squad does and so I thought maybe I would come here and see if you guys can help me. I've got a problem. I had a nice, juicy job as a supernatural realm and THEN, from out of nowhere, the Vatican decided there is no Limbo. Seems I was just a 'theological hypothesis' all along. So now I'm out of work.

Do you know how hard it is getting a job with my kind of resume? I spent, like, an eternity as a place for certain souls who die under certain circumstances. I can't even get a job flipping burgers.

So now what do I do, if you're so rational and all.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
No, I'm afraid you're stuck

No, I'm afraid you're stuck there since you commited the unforgivable sin of not being funny.

zwan94
zwan94's picture
User is offlineOffline
huh? lol

huh? lol

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, you spent all those

Well, you spent all those centuries being an escape hatch, essentially, right?  You were invented so that God would not take the blame for sending babies to hell, even though there was ample evidence in the bible that he's quite fond of the activity.

So, you need to find work giving evil people a good story so that they don't get punished for doing really bad things.

Logically, then, you should find a way to get Tony Snow to retire, and take over as Press Secretary for the President of the United States.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Limbo
User is offlineOffline
Hey, I know! Why don't I

Hey, I know! Why don't I get a job working for atheists? You guys need a supernatural realm, right? Yeah!

That will send a strong message to the Vatican. "Hey, Rome! We got Limbo Now! Ha!" That'll learn 'em to fire me...

I can be where the Flying Spaghetti Monster comes from, and I work cheap. Just gimme your souls when you die.

It beats hell, believe me.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Flying Spaghetti

The Flying Spaghetti Monster comes from the boiling hot supernatural realm known as Marinara.

Anybody who doesn't know that already is a fool.  What kind of atheist could you possibly be?  You're already falling flat on your non-existent face.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

Books about atheism

The Patrician
The Patrician's picture
User is offlineOffline
You can still get a job as a

You can still get a job as a dancer.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Hambydammit slips a dollar

(Hambydammit slips a dollar bill into Limbo's garter)

Books about atheism

Limbo
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:

Hambydammit wrote:

The Flying Spaghetti Monster comes from the boiling hot supernatural realm known as Marinara.

Marinara? Haven't seen him (or her) at any of the supernatural realm meetings.

Quote:
Anybody who doesn't know that already is a fool. What kind of atheist could you possibly be? You're already falling flat on your non-existent face.

I am Limbo! I am not an atheist! I am between all titles, all states of being, all paradigms.

Hey! Let me work with Marinara! I'll could tell you plenty of dirty little supernatural secrets I've accumulated over the ages...

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums,

Welcome to the forums, Limbo!

When you get a minute, we'd love it if you'd hop over to the General Conversation, Introductions and Humor forum and introduce yourself.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Limbo
User is offlineOffline
Hmm I thought this was the

Hmm I thought this was the Conversation, Introductions and Humor forum. That's where I meant to post this.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Limbo wrote: Hmm I thought

Limbo wrote:
Hmm I thought this was the Conversation, Introductions and Humor forum. That's where I meant to post this.

You are correct.  (My bad; my apologies.) 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Even in D&D, Limbo was

Even in D&D, Limbo was lame.

The pope moved his resources over to the Ravenloft(TM) campaign. 

You could always take the 90's since the only good thing to come out of there was grunge metal. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.