This is a great quote from Brian Sapient.

Zeeboe
User is offlineOffline
This is a great quote from Brian Sapient.

I want to add it to my my space list of quotes, but I want to make sure I understood him correctly and not screw it up. (Maybe you're out there lurking and you can let me know.)

"Way of the Master is right. Religion is a force for good, when you take out the murder, mass genocide committed by committed by God as documented in the bible, religious wars, burning witches at the stake, Ted Haggard, shooting abortion doctors, the bible's promotion of slavery, pedophile priests, serial killing Christians gone wild, the church's systematic oppression of women and minorities, a version to protection of STD's and the spread of AIDS in third world countries, creating an inconsistent interpretation of
"thou shall not kill"...take it all out and religion has been a force for good."

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Here is the exact quote

Here is the exact quote from my notes:

You know, Way of the Master is right… Religion IS a force for good... when you take out the murder, mass genocide committed by god as documented in the bible, religious wars, burning witches at the stake, Ted Haggard, shooting abortion doctors, the bible's promotion of slavery, pedophile priests, serial killing Christians gone wild, the church's systematic oppression of women and minorities, aversion to protection against STDs and the spread of AIDS in third-world countries, creative and inconsistent interpretation of "thou shalt not kill.”  Take it all out and yeah... religion is a force for good.

It should be noted that "Pile" shares co-authorship of this quote. He wrote the bulk of it and I tweaked it just slightly for my needs in the debate. He wrote it for us in our pre debate planning.

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nice quote.

Nice quote.

Zeeboe
User is offlineOffline
Sweet. Thanks a lot Brian,

Sweet. Thanks a lot Brian, I appreciate it a lot dude. It's a great, profound quote and I think will be remembered in history.

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
LOL, Dude, don't replace

LOL, Dude, don't replace your recently castoff God with another.

Zeeboe
User is offlineOffline
There are many great quotes

There are many great quotes that support atheism that I believe people will remember, and I am just saying that will be one of them.

If you google search "Atheist quotes", you'll find various websites that have several good quotes about atheism and not all of them are contemporary.