Jesus Owns Stock in Redken?

Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jesus Owns Stock in Redken?

So I'm sitting here watching the news, and they're reporting on a story in which virtually all of Gary, Indiana has been without power for numerous days due to some heavy storms that blew through there last week.  Apparently, there's some barber shop in town that didn't lose power.  The reporter asked the owner why his shop didn't lose power, when nearly every other building in town did, and his reply was? -- "Jesus."

Yes, my hair-styling friend, Jesus is the reason.  Yes, indeed, when an entire town has gone nearly a week without refrigerators, electric lights, grocery stores, etc., you can rest assured that none of that is of concern to the almighty Jesus.  And no, sorry, Mr. Smith, whose car was crushed by a fallen tree; and tough cookies Ms. Jones, whose roof was torn off by high winds, you can pray all you want, but your problems are going to have to wait for now.  Even Jesus has priorities, and #1 on his list, of course, is ensuring that the people of Gary, IN are properly coiffed, no matter what the circumstances.  

At least that's what one guy thinks.  And who am I to say he's wrong? 

"The powerful have always created false images of the weak."

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Really though, Jesus has

Really though, Jesus has his priorities straight.

What good are groceries or roofs if your hair is a mess? He always was such a fashionista...  

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nothing like having a bad

Nothing like having a bad hair day when everything else has gone to the dogs, huh?

I can't imagine this guy is getting much business when folks are dealing with everything else (unless, of course, it has to do with air conditioning on a hot summer day). 

That's just f**ked up thinking when people are losing everything in their freezers, have no roof or have been injured. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Raki
Superfan
Raki's picture
User is offlineOffline
Its to be expected from

Its to be expected from Christians.

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well it makes sense.  When

Well it makes sense.  When a tornado destroyed practically all of Greensburg, KS one of the few buildings left intact was the local tavern.  Churches lay in ruins but you could still get a drink.