Zeitgeist - the movie (official free viewing of movie everyone must see)

Greenmagi
Greenmagi's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zeitgeist - the movie (official free viewing of movie everyone must see)

Warning: This Movie may anger you.http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

1. 00:00, minute mark; Religion: The first part is on Religion. Watch it or not. It is merely on the similarities of religions and why they are similar. An Educational Torpedo.

*2. 36:00, minute mark; 9-11: The second part is on 9-11. Watch it, and try not to believe it if you can.

3. 1:11:00, minute mark; The Men behind the Curtain: The third part is on various conspiracies that dance to the same tune as 9-11. These histories are hidden behind myth-stories, and are still subject to the ignorance of popular belief.

*The second part is the most important part. It is the part that you should forward to as many people as you can. Or those that you don't think will turn you over to the American Secret Police and Information Control Board...

**If it is true or if it is false, people need to ask these questions. People, the masses, must demand answers to these questions & serious issues found in the second part of this movie.http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Knowledge is Power, Power Corrupts, Study Hard and be Evil...

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
I watched the movie last

I watched the movie last week and found it interesting but flawed on many points. I found part 2 to be the most flawed of all three parts. Even the part I liked the best, part 1, had so many factual errors I couldn't recommend that anyone watch it.

If you liked part 3 and want to investigate more about the money issue I suggest this video: http://tinyurl.com/33adru

Penn & Teller did a show about the 911 Conspiracy ideas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcrF346sS_I 

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

Greenmagi
Greenmagi's picture
User is offlineOffline
I must disagree.    Part

I must disagree.

Part one was pretty much dead-on enough to recommend to anyone, especially faith-heads that need their religious beliefs shaken by the roots.

Part II makes sense, given what I already know of the 9-11 attack, and even if it is just another conspiracy theory it demands viewing and examination based on the level of accusation and evidence given.

Part III surprised me by not including the Spanish American War, which was also proven to be a government conspiracy; in which we blew up our own boat to stimulate American support of the South American War for sugar and coffee.

I know that there is a succession from weak to powerful and ignorant to intelligent. It is not crazy to suggest that the web of global power traces to a central hub, and at its center lays the most influential human in existence. The truth of mathematical Standard-Deviations says the same. The human race has great technology and education at its disposal, although most choose not to exploit it, and while it may be slightly unlikely that the world is already being manipulated, it is not so far off base to suggest the masses should become more aware. We just witnessed a president get elected because he said ‘god’ over 60 times in each of his five minute speeches…not even counting how many times he said ‘terrorist’ based words…the masses are being controlled through their ignorance. The masses are becoming little more than docile sheep, unable to keep more than a hand full of controversies in their head at one time…forgetting too quick the lies and treacheries of their leaders.

Careful what you don’t recommend. I don’t like the holey babbles, but I would never suggest that people don’t read it…in fact that’s a good method of creating more Atheists, and supplying ammo to combat fundamentalists. All information that can be known should be known. The more people know the better. Even if the movie was false (which I doubt) it should still be viewed, if for no other reason that they did a spectacular job.

Knowledge is Power, Power Corrupts, Study Hard and be Evil...

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greenmagi,

Greenmagi,

Welcome to RRS. We share many common things but on this fine point we disagree. Let me give you an example of the factual errors in part 1: According to the movie there are many similarities between Horus and Jeus. I agree, but they state that Horus had 12 disciples and was born of virgin birth. According to this resource, that is false:

'Ward Gasque, a volunteer book reviewer for Amazon.com surveyed twenty contemporary Egyptologists. He asked them about the origins of Jesus' name, the relationship between Horus and Jesus, whether both experienced a virgin birth, and whether the Egyptian religion considered Hourus to be an incarnation of God.

Ten responded, They agreed:

bulletJesus' name is a Greek form of a very common Semitic name Jeshu'a, which is normally translated into English as Joshua.
bullet

There is no evidence that Horus was born of a virgin, that he had twelve disciples, or that he was considered incarnation of God. 2'

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa5.htm

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca