*shakes head* Ray, Ray, Ray...you've disappointed me again.

Zeeboe
User is offlineOffline
*shakes head* Ray, Ray, Ray...you've disappointed me again.

First, Ray gets owned by the RRS. Now he gets owned by some random stranger he was preaching to.

(Please be patience. The ownage builds up.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA8PGWQ_wtg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpzHF6a-7YQ

Rays says that Jesus didn't know any sin, but he doesn't know that. Jesus was a man too. And if all humans are sinners, then that means Jesus had to have sinned because he was only human. If he never sinned, then he was never fully human as the bible says. Also, if Jesus is God then why did Jesus pray to God? Was he talking to himself?

Ray has a blind faith in a book that has a talking snake, a burning bush, a giant, people coming back from the dead, countless contradictions & it tells people to stone adulterers to death.

The bible was written by people & it says it's the word of God. How does Ray know that? People wrote that, and Ray doesn't trust people, right? He said that himself.

Also, I thought God was perfect & yet there are many contradictions in the bible.

Everytime Ray was getting owned, he kept trying to change the topic...

Ray seemed frustrated at times, and that's what happens when one is losing at something and isn't anger one of the seven deadly sins? And Ray has admitted he has lied before, so why should we listen to him?

As RRS says, Ray's whole plot it that he uses people's fear of death, their fear of hell and their emotions to get people to follow what he believes and yet he cannot defend his views logically, and that is why he cannot get people to convert.

Ray, if this is the only life we're gonna get...we're not gonna waste it not living it the way we wanna live it and being a mindless zombie who never lusts or gets jealous. Heck, the bible says we can't lie, but we would be lying to ourselves if we acted like we don't get jealous.

Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia's picture
User is offlineOffline
I could only stand about a

I could only stand about a minute of each one and based on that the guy arguing comfort didn't seem at all familiar with how to argue, refute or make points, like seeing the fault in comforts "reasoning", but like I said I couldn't only stomache very little of it, as I might just be allergic to Ray Comfort.

Thanks for the links though. And I agree with the rest of your post too. 

I suck at signatures.

Zeeboe
User is offlineOffline
Thanks. And like I said, the

Thanks. And like I said, the ownage very slowly builds up, but I think it's worth watching. But I can understand not being interested, especially if you've heard Ray's arguments before.

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow, Ray is a hate

Wow, Ray is a hate monger. He just told millions of Catholics that they aren't Christian. That's why Atheists are nicer than Ray, at least Atheists take a person's word for it that they are Christian.

Then again, Ray admits he's a liar so we shouldn't trust him. I guess Ray is just too stupid to realize how stupid his arguments are.

You can trust me though, I've told the truth and Ray said that makes me honest so I can't be a liar.

BTW, someone tell Ray that cows do drink milk.  Cows produce milk for their young and the calves drink it.  Ray is too stupid beyond belief. 

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't think Ray was

I don't think Ray was owned, just frustrated. The guy really didn't have many coherent points, mostly just basic questions which Ray couldn't answer and a basic 'spirituality' Ray couldn't convince him out of. Ray was owned when he pulled the crocoduck stunt. That's the great thing about Ray, he owns himself.

By the way, cows drink milk. That's why they have udders! Every cow on the planet has drunk milk, and if stealing once makes you a thief, then drinking milk as a calf makes cows milk drinkers. Ray self-owned again!

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christ...I don't think it

Christ...I don't think it would be possible for anyone to be more consistently glib than Ray Comfort.  He's an embarrassment to Christianity.  The thing I hate most about The Way of the Master is the prefabricated lines they use:  "Have you ever told a lie?  Well you're a liar."  The worst part was when Ray broke that line out of nowhere in the RRS debate.  

RRS:  "Energy can neither be created nor destroyed..."

Comfort:  "Well yeah...but have you ever told a lie?"

And someone needs to set that "croco-duck" on fire.   

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
jmm wrote: "Energy can

jmm wrote:

"Energy can neither be created nor destroyed..."

If I hadn't known Ray Comfort to have always been rather dim, I would have assumed he got hit on the head with a giant crucifix or something, and I chuckle at the non sequitor, still, I very much wish the RRS would stop using the First Law of thermodynamics to support an absurdly untenable position pertaining to the creation of the universe, implying the impossibility of ex nihilo creation. Because it just makes them look bad:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/lies_damn_lies_and_false_beliefs_about_ex_nihilo_aka_how_to_pretend_you_know_cosmology_without_r...

http://www.rationalresponders.com/entropy_and_life_the_functions_of_thermodynamics_and_their_implications_for_biological_systems 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote: jmm

deludedgod wrote:

jmm wrote:

If I hadn't known Ray Comfort to have always been rather dim, I would have assumed he got hit on the head with a giant crucifix or something, and I chuckle at the non sequitor, still, I very much wish the RRS would stop using the First Law of thermodynamics to support an absurdly untenable position pertaining to the creation of the universe, implying the impossibility of ex nihilo creation. Because it just makes them look bad:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/lies_damn_lies_and_false_beliefs_about_ex_nihilo_aka_how_to_pretend_you_know_cosmology_without_r...

http://www.rationalresponders.com/entropy_and_life_the_functions_of_thermodynamics_and_their_implications_for_biological_systems

Agreed DG. The RRS has had some disagreement on this, but I wish that the team would move towards the view you've expressed here.  

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

Raki
Superfan
Raki's picture
User is offlineOffline
todangst wrote: deludedgod

todangst wrote:
deludedgod wrote:

jmm wrote:

Agreed DG. The RRS has had some disagreement on this, but I wish that the team would move towards the view you've expressed here.  

It doesn't matter what argument the RRS uses, can Theists even counter them with adequate responses?

Nero(in response to a Youth pastor) wrote:

You are afraid and should be thus.  We look to eradicate your god from everything but history books.  We bring rationality and clear thought to those who choose lives of ignorance.  We are the blazing, incandescent brand that will leave an "A" so livid, so scarlet on your mind that you will not go an hour without reflecting on reality.

Zeeboe
User is offlineOffline
I admit, seeing this hatred

I admit, seeing this hatred towards Ray Comfort does sorta confirm some things written in the bible. Jesus said that because he was hated that whoever follows him will also be hated.

Really, ask yourself...what horrible thing is Ray Comfort doing and why does it anger you so much?

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Raki wrote: It doesn't

Raki wrote:
It doesn't matter what argument the RRS uses, can Theists even counter them with adequate responses?

No offense is meant, but that sounds like the reasoning a Christian apologist would use. So what if it's a bad argument, as long as it leads the to faith in Christ?

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zeeboe wrote: I admit,

Zeeboe wrote:
I admit, seeing this hatred towards Ray Comfort does sorta confirm some things written in the bible. Jesus said that because he was hated that whoever follows him will also be hated.

Really, ask yourself...what horrible thing is Ray Comfort doing and why does it anger you so much?

Hmmm, does that explain Ray's hatred for Catholics because they are the true followers of Jesus?  So Protestants and Catholics are both right.  Then again, many Christians hate Atheists therefore Atheists must be right and there's no god.   

Raki
Superfan
Raki's picture
User is offlineOffline
MrRage wrote: Raki

MrRage wrote:
Raki wrote:
It doesn't matter what argument the RRS uses, can Theists even counter them with adequate responses?
No offense is meant, but that sounds like the reasoning a Christian apologist would use. So what if it's a bad argument, as long as it leads the to faith in Christ?
I see your reasoning.

Nero(in response to a Youth pastor) wrote:

You are afraid and should be thus.  We look to eradicate your god from everything but history books.  We bring rationality and clear thought to those who choose lives of ignorance.  We are the blazing, incandescent brand that will leave an "A" so livid, so scarlet on your mind that you will not go an hour without reflecting on reality.