Changing profile picture/avatar

aminoacid
User is offlineOffline
Changing profile picture/avatar

Alright, so I'm trying to switch out my current picture/avatar for a new one, and it just keeps reverting back to the old picture/avatar.

I tried to delete the current one, which worked, but when I tried to upload the new one it just got replaced with the one I deleted. I don't even have that picture on my computer anymore!

Anyone have any ideas?

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ok, I am a technotard so

Ok, I am a technotard so this may not be helpful information.  This happens to me EVERY time I change my avatar!!  Do you run Firefox?  If you do, click on Tools, then Options, then Show Cookies, then Remove All Cookies.  This may end up logging you off the site, so just log back in and hit Refresh.  IF this doesn't work, give it some time.  Sometimes it takes a while for the new one to show. 

Not sure what you tried to upload, but the avatar I see is of you (?) looking into the camera from the right side and the angle is slightly skewed.  Good picture, but is this the new one?  The last time I uploaded a new avatar it took several hours for it to show on my computer even though I checked with other members and they were seeing the new one.

If you are not running Firefox then this entire post was a waste of time for you to read - lol  When all else fails, send a PM to BGH.  He can damn near fix anything.  (Trust me - I work with the guy.  Another time; another place and he would have been called Jesus.  I have seen him work miracles.) 

aminoacid
User is offlineOffline
Actually, yes, I do use

Actually, yes, I do use Firefox, as should everyone =]

But anyways, I'll try that and see if that works and no, the one that you and I are seeing is not the new one.

Thanks for the advice man, now lets see if it works! lol 

aminoacid
User is offlineOffline
Awesome, I got it to

Awesome, I got it to work!

I just wanted to change it to a picture of the ratrod my grandfather and I recently finished building. Now were in the process of just trying to work all the little kinks out lol. Things like the constant power drain, but we fixed that. Now were working on trying to figure out why the front brakes are still dragging even while the proportioning valve is set as far to loose at it'll go... anyways, enough of that, no one wants to hear it lol.

Thanks again! 

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
aminoacid wrote: Awesome,

aminoacid wrote:

Awesome, I got it to work!

Cool!  Awesome picture! 

aminoacid wrote:
I just wanted to change it to a picture of the ratrod my grandfather and I recently finished building. Now were in the process of just trying to work all the little kinks out lol. Things like the constant power drain, but we fixed that. Now were working on trying to figure out why the front brakes are still dragging even while the proportioning valve is set as far to loose at it'll go... anyways, enough of that, no one wants to hear it lol.

Not true - I am not an autophile per se, but it is always interesting to hear about other members hobbies and see the results of hard work.  I think it is great that you have been working on this with your grandfather - you two obviously have a great connection.  How wonderful for both of you!   

aminoacid wrote:
Thanks again!

Welcome!  Smile

aminoacid
User is offlineOffline
jce wrote: Not true - I am

jce wrote:
Not true - I am not an autophile per se, but it is always interesting to hear about other members hobbies and see the results of hard work. I think it is great that you have been working on this with your grandfather - you two obviously have a great connection. How wonderful for both of you!

Well that's cool. Yeah, he's basically been my dad for my whole life seeing as how my mother has been a single mother since, well, before I was born. Anyways though, yeah, as you can imagine, he's getting weak in his old age so I did quite a lot of work on it as you can imagine. The only thing I didn't help with I believe was chopping the top and putting the motor and all that on the frame, but I did most anything else on it. I also make sure his other truck is taken care of nicely, he own a '96 (I believe) GMC Sonoma and I clean it and detail it and whatnot, it's something I just enjoy doing. I actually want to start up my own car detailing bussiness someday, but who knows.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
GREAT WORK JCE!!! You have

GREAT WORK JCE!!!

You have learned well....... LOLTongue out

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
I changed my avatar two days

I changed my avatar two days ago with no result. Then, today, the system spat me out, and when I returned, my new avatar was here.  Thus, I am a believer in magic.  Thanks, RRS!  lol

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nero wrote: I changed my

Nero wrote:
I changed my avatar two days ago with no result. Then, today, the system spat me out, and when I returned, my new avatar was here. Thus, I am a believer in magic. Thanks, RRS! lol

Divine intervention by expectorant?  You may be on to something! 

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
l My mother always said she

ROTFl My mother always said she spat me out as if I were poison.