I'm Lost

flamingfuzzy
flamingfuzzy's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm Lost

For starters, before you begin to criticize me(as I know you will), I am most definately an atheist. I do not believe in God, despite being homeschooled by missionaries. I was raised in the church and attended christian theological classes by the age of 12. My entire family(at least the half I interact with the most) is all for God. As far as things go, I am the blackest of the black sheep out there.

I am just wondering at the sheer contradictory nature of calling this the "freethinking anonymous" forum, and then denying anyone who believes in a God to add to the discusion? NEVER have I heard such contradiction, and remember, I grew up in the church. It MIGHT have been less of an arogant move had you narrowed it down to a select group that you had thuroughly cruched and demolished, and their exsitence proved to be a monument to their stupidity. You could have gotten away with it if the group exluded had been shown to be made TOTALY of people completly devoid of any abstract and genuinly creative thought. But you didn't. You attempt to marvel at your genius by denying anyone with opposing views in. You have totally gone against everything the forum name stands for. I move that the new forum name be "Those of us who are incredibly close minded and do not want anyone with opposing view points in here, for fear of shaking us out of our stuppor". You might say that there are other forums for them. It still doesn't matter, calling this a "freethinking" forum, while denying anyone, with a different thought from speaking.

Perhaps my biggest issue I have, is that the only intelectual debates I have heard recently, have been with christians. My best friend is a christian with a HUGE brain. Admittedly my dumbest friends are also christians, and having them post ANYTHING in here would agrivate the snot out of me, but should you sacrifice the small percent of the incredibly smart christians, and the incredible amout of complex thought they can add to the discussion. Like I said, I don't mind if you want a forrum free of christians, I just beg of you to name it something else. Afraid of calling a forum "The non-christian Forum"? How sad. Just as all of the most pathetic movements, this, the "free thinking" movement, is also begining with smaller, more readily acceptable terms. If you cannot say it out loud, then don't say it.

The unexamined life is not worth living -- Socrates

Cory T
Theist
Cory T's picture
User is offlineOffline
At the risk of being

At the risk of being deleted outright and immediately, and then lashed with a wet noodle for not obeying the rules, let me just say this:

We Christians attempt to glorify God in all we say and do, and in all we post.  The good folks on this site have no desire to do that, and have even less patience (in many cases) to hear about it.  They don't come to our churches for this very reason.

Now, the atheists here pay for all of the site maintence and (in cases like Sapient) do a great deal more than just pay.  Why shouldn't they have a place on this site that is just their own and free of the influence of Christians (such as myself)?

And more than that, WHO CARES WHAT THEY CALL IT?

And that is the only thing I will ever post in this forum ever, I swear, don't kill me.  Please.  Smiling 

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. --Galileo Galilei

flamingfuzzy
flamingfuzzy's picture
User is offlineOffline
The name?

What difference does the name make? It makes all the difference. It is what the whole post was about. In your entire post you made very little connection with my post. You tried to see into it what you could to post a message of self suffering. I really don't mind it normaly, but I hate it when it is vaguely disguised as an intelectual comment. Especialy when the whole post was about the christians right to post on the site. And like I said, the name means everything. If it is all about free thinking, then they should alow freedom. If they want to ban christians, re-name it. The name is deceptive, when their site is all about rationality.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
  Freethinker is a

Freethinker is a synonym for atheist/agnostic.

silentseba
silentseba's picture
User is offlineOffline
What do you think

What do you think freethinking anonymous means?

free (frē) Pronunciation Key
adj. fre·er, fre·est
  1. Not imprisoned or enslaved; being at liberty.
  2. Not controlled by obligation or the will of another: felt free to go.
    1. Having political independence: "America . . . is the freest and wealthiest nation in the world" (Rudolph W. Giuliani).
    2. Governed by consent and possessing or granting civil liberties: a free citizenry.
    3. Not subject to arbitrary interference by a government: a free press.
    4. Not affected or restricted by a given condition or circumstance: a healthy animal, free of disease; free from need.
    5. Not subject to a given condition; exempt: income that is free of all taxes.
    6. Costing nothing; gratuitous: a free meal.
    7. Publicly supported: free education.
    8. Not occupied or used: a free locker.
    9. Not taken up by scheduled activities: free time between classes.
    10. Unconstrained; unconfined: free expansion.
    11. Not fixed in position; capable of relatively unrestricted motion: a free electron.
    12. Not chemically bound in a molecule: free oxygen.
    13. Involving no collisions or interactions: a free path.
    14. Empty: a free space.
    15. Unoccupied: a free energy level.
    16. Being a form, especially a morpheme, that can stand as an independent word, such as boat or bring.
    17. Being a vowel in an open syllable, as the o in go.
  3. Not subject to external restraint: "Comment is free but facts are sacred" (Charles Prestwich Scott).
  4. Not literal or exact: a free translation.
    1. Costing nothing; gratuitous: a free meal.
    2. Publicly supported: free education.
    3. Not occupied or used: a free locker.
    4. Not taken up by scheduled activities: free time between classes.
    5. Unconstrained; unconfined: free expansion.
    6. Not fixed in position; capable of relatively unrestricted motion: a free electron.
    7. Not chemically bound in a molecule: free oxygen.
    8. Involving no collisions or interactions: a free path.
    9. Empty: a free space.
    10. Unoccupied: a free energy level.
    11. Being a form, especially a morpheme, that can stand as an independent word, such as boat or bring.
    12. Being a vowel in an open syllable, as the o in go.
    1. Not occupied or used: a free locker.
    2. Not taken up by scheduled activities: free time between classes.
    3. Unconstrained; unconfined: free expansion.
    4. Not fixed in position; capable of relatively unrestricted motion: a free electron.
    5. Not chemically bound in a molecule: free oxygen.
    6. Involving no collisions or interactions: a free path.
    7. Empty: a free space.
    8. Unoccupied: a free energy level.
    9. Being a form, especially a morpheme, that can stand as an independent word, such as boat or bring.
    10. Being a vowel in an open syllable, as the o in go.
  5. Unobstructed; clear: a free lane.
  6. Unguarded in expression or manner; open; frank.
  7. Taking undue liberties; forward or overfamiliar.
  8. Liberal or lavish: tourists who are free with their money.
  9. Given, made, or done of one's own accord; voluntary or spontaneous: a free act of the will; free choices.
  10. Nautical Favorable: a free wind.
  11. Not bound, fastened, or attached: the free end of a chain.
  12. Linguistics
    1. Being a form, especially a morpheme, that can stand as an independent word, such as boat or bring.
    2. Being a vowel in an open syllable, as the o in go.

adv.
  1. In a free manner; without restraint.
  2. Without charge.

tr.v. freed, free·ing, frees
  1. To set at liberty; make free: freed the slaves; free the imagination.
  2. To relieve of a burden, obligation, or restraint: a people who were at last freed from fear.
  3. To remove obstructions or entanglements from; clear: free a path through the jungle.

think1 /θɪŋk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[thingk] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, thought, think·ing, adjective, noun –verb (used without object)
1.to have a conscious mind, to some extent of reasoning, remembering experiences, making rational decisions, etc.
2.to employ one's mind rationally and objectively in evaluating or dealing with a given situation: Think carefully before you begin.
3.to have a certain thing as the subject of one's thoughts: I was thinking about you. We could think of nothing else.
4.to call something to one's conscious mind: I couldn't think of his phone number.
5.to consider something as a possible action, choice, etc.: She thought about cutting her hair.
6.to invent or conceive of something: We thought of a new plan.
7.to have consideration or regard for someone: Think of others first.
8.to esteem a person or thing as indicated: to think badly of someone.
9.to have a belief or opinion as indicated: I think so.
10.(of a device or machine, esp. a computer) to use artificial intelligence to perform an activity analogous to human thought.
–verb (used with object)
11.to have or form in the mind as an idea, conception, etc.
12.to consider for evaluation or for possible action upon: Think the deal over.
13.to regard as specified: He thought me unkind.
14.to believe to be true of someone or something: to think evil of the neighbors.
15.to analyze or evolve rationally: to think the problem out.
16.to have as a plan or intention: I thought that I would go.
17.to anticipate or expect: I did not think to find you here.
–adjective
18.of or pertaining to thinking or thought.
19.Informal. stimulating or challenging to the intellect or mind: the think book of the year. Compare think piece.
–noun
20.Informal. the act or a period of thinking: I want to sit down and give it a good think.

the·ism /ˈθiɪzəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[thee-iz-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun

1.the belief in one God as the creator and ruler of the universe, without rejection of revelation (distinguished from deism).
2.belief in the existence of a god or gods (opposed to atheism).

free·think·er       (frē'thĭng'kər)  Pronunciation Key 
n.   One who has rejected authority and dogma, especially in religious thinking, in favor of rational inquiry and speculation.  

Freethought is a characteristic of individuals whose opinions are formed on the basis of an understanding and rejection of tradition, authority or established belief. This definition as for example is applicable to thought based on rejection of religious dogma.

Would it be ok if it is called:

-Unconstrained evaluation

-Not fixed rationally

-Analyzing without restraint

-Being able to think without being restricted to god as the only answer

I don't see why you are against the name... I think it fits perfectly in this context.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
I will just say, the

I will just say, the colloquial meaning of 'freethinker' is "one without a god belief".... as has already been pointed out.

More than this, YOU or anyone else visiting does not own the site. Visitors do not get to choose what to call the forums or set up their own rules. If I were to visit a chrisitian site and there was a forum called 'Everyone Included' but atheists were not allowed to post there, that would have to be something I accept or move on. I have no say in what things are named on another forum but I realize this and can handle it.

flamingfuzzy
flamingfuzzy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ever had a day when evryone

Ever had a day when evryone makes your point for them?Eye-wink. This logic is flawed so badly I don't even know where to begin.

I guess to start with, yes, of course you would have to follow their rules. Duh. Does that mean that you would sit by while it continues without telling them the complete paradox of their statements? NO! Is that not what rational responders is all about? Does not RESPONDERS mean that it is, I don't know, IN RESPONSE to something? Once again, whole issues are cast aside for trivial remarks.

Point two. The entire analogy is flawed, because YOU are not a christian, visiting a non-christian site. Therefore, you would be an outsider, not a part of the whole. As I said in the begining, I AM an atheist. I am NOT a christian, or of a seperate belief(except perhaps on what to call the forums).

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
flamingfuzzy wrote: Ever

flamingfuzzy wrote:

Ever had a day when evryone makes your point for them?Eye-wink. This logic is flawed so badly I don't even know where to begin.

I guess to start with, yes, of course you would have to follow their rules. Duh. Does that mean that you would sit by while it continues without telling them the complete paradox of their statements? NO! Is that not what rational responders is all about? Does not RESPONDERS mean that it is, I don't know, IN RESPONSE to something? Once again, whole issues are cast aside for trivial remarks.

Point two. The entire analogy is flawed, because YOU are not a christian, visiting a non-christian site. Therefore, you would be an outsider, not a part of the whole. As I said in the begining, I AM an atheist. I am NOT a christian, or of a seperate belief(except perhaps on what to call the forums).

I will tell you, this topic has been discussed ad naseum in the past and it has been decided the name of the forum will remain. 

It was appropriately titled based on how multiple dictionaries define 'freethinker' and as such is not in error.

Thanks

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, It's been discussed

Yeah, It's been discussed over and over. Nobody made you join this site.

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Simply put, the term

Simply put, the term 'freethinker' was established long before this site.  The owners of this site merely applied the term to the forum as they saw fit.  They haven't reinterpreted the definition to fit their own needs.

If god takes life he's an indian giver

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
silentseba

silentseba wrote:

free·think·er (frē'thĭng'kər) Pronunciation Key
n. One who has rejected authority and dogma, especially in religious thinking, in favor of rational inquiry and speculation.

I fail to see how only nontheists fit in this category. One can be a theist and still reject religious dogma and authority.

In any case, I don't care about the FA forum. I have no desire to post there, and I don't even think I've ever read the forum. It's just a shame you had to pick such a silly name for it (although you could have done much worse, I imagine). 

flamingfuzzy, you should be smarter than to try to pick a fight at a new forum right off the bat. Be a bit more thoughtful, and a bit less talkful.

flamingfuzzy
flamingfuzzy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Smarter than that? If that

Smiling Smarter than that? If that is true then you are simply empowering me by playing my game and posting on my new forum. Eye-wink wow... empowered.... feels so.... empowering.... Laughing out loud.... Go figure, lol

silentseba
silentseba's picture
User is offlineOffline
Guys, I think helicopters

Guys, I think helicopters should be called horizontal fan vehicles. Cars should be called wheel spinners. Printers should be called automatic typewritters. Cellphones should be called long distance walkie talkies. Their common names are so contradictory to what they really are! Dont get me started on news channels names!  (think this is ridiculous? read your own post)

flamingfuzzy
flamingfuzzy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Can we sink lower? The

Can we sink lower? The problem with the last post is that it holds only the most vague of similarities to the topic in question. Cars, printers, helicopters, not only do those not contradict with what they really are, when you say those words an image of WHAT THEY REALLY ARE pops up. The difference is that, when I think of "free thinking" it means thought without bounds. Can you call yourself a "free thinker", when you ban some of the greatest thinkers from participating? I don't MIND you doing that, of course you want discousions with ONLY people who think like you. Just call it something that is not it's opposite.

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
I cant seem to get away from

I cant seem to get away from this politically correct nonsense anywhere...Frown

Voided
User is offlineOffline
flamingfuzzy wrote: I don't

flamingfuzzy wrote:
I don't MIND you doing that, of course you want discousions with ONLY people who think like you.

How many forums can theists post in? Please try and find some of the old topics on this.

Here are two.

silentseba
silentseba's picture
User is offlineOffline
Like I stated on my first

Like I stated on my first post... free thinker can mean MANY things. It can easily mean thinkers who are free from religion.

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
flamingfuzzy wrote: For

flamingfuzzy wrote:

For starters, before you begin to criticize me(as I know you will), I am most definately an atheist. I do not believe in God, despite being homeschooled by missionaries. I was raised in the church and attended christian theological classes by the age of 12. My entire family(at least the half I interact with the most) is all for God. As far as things go, I am the blackest of the black sheep out there.

I am just wondering at the sheer contradictory nature of calling this the "freethinking anonymous" forum, and then denying anyone who believes in a God to add to the discusion? NEVER have I heard such contradiction, and remember, I grew up in the church. It MIGHT have been less of an arogant move had you narrowed it down to a select group that you had thuroughly cruched and demolished, and their exsitence proved to be a monument to their stupidity. You could have gotten away with it if the group exluded had been shown to be made TOTALY of people completly devoid of any abstract and genuinly creative thought. But you didn't. You attempt to marvel at your genius by denying anyone with opposing views in. You have totally gone against everything the forum name stands for. I move that the new forum name be "Those of us who are incredibly close minded and do not want anyone with opposing view points in here, for fear of shaking us out of our stuppor". You might say that there are other forums for them. It still doesn't matter, calling this a "freethinking" forum, while denying anyone, with a different thought from speaking.

Perhaps my biggest issue I have, is that the only intelectual debates I have heard recently, have been with christians. My best friend is a christian with a HUGE brain. Admittedly my dumbest friends are also christians, and having them post ANYTHING in here would agrivate the snot out of me, but should you sacrifice the small percent of the incredibly smart christians, and the incredible amout of complex thought they can add to the discussion. Like I said, I don't mind if you want a forrum free of christians, I just beg of you to name it something else. Afraid of calling a forum "The non-christian Forum"? How sad. Just as all of the most pathetic movements, this, the "free thinking" movement, is also begining with smaller, more readily acceptable terms. If you cannot say it out loud, then don't say it.

We have plenty of theistic contributors to the site. A few of whom are good, decent and intelligent people who are respected by the atheists here. Of course there are also a lot of twats, who come just to troll and to be antagonistic, some of them are atheists but generally most of them are theists who can't stand that we here don't accept their irrational views. There are also Hellfire nutters who tell us we're doomed to an eternal damnation in the pits of hell.

To name but a few of our respected theistic contributors there is Captain Pineapple, Wavefreak, among others. We allow people to contribute who are good, decent people who don't cause antagonism and don't think they always know best.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
flamingfuzzy wrote: Can you

flamingfuzzy wrote:
Can you call yourself a "free thinker", when you ban some of the greatest thinkers from participating? I don't MIND you doing that, of course you want discussions with ONLY people who think like you. Just call it something that is not it's opposite.

The biggest problem I have with this argument is theists are allowed to post in EVERY other forum on this site. We have one that is for atheists only and all you can do is bitch about the title wile overlooking the fact that theists are engaged in debate everywhere else this site. Like I said before, the naming of forums is not up to you.

'Freethinker' is a term defined by dictionaries and society as one without religion.

Merriam-Webster:

freethinker
One entry found for freethinker.

Main Entry: free·think·er
Pronunciation: -'thi[ng]-k&r
Function: noun
: one who forms opinions on the basis of reason independently of authority; especially : one who doubts or denies religious dogma
- free·think·ing /-ki[ng]/ noun or adjective

American Heritage:

freethinker

SYLLABICATION: free·think·er
PRONUNCIATION: frthngkr
NOUN: One who has rejected authority and dogma, especially in religious thinking, in favor of rational inquiry and speculation.

Dictionary.com

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
free·think·er /ˈfriˈθɪŋkər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[free-thing-ker] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
a person who forms opinions on the basis of reason, independent of authority or tradition, esp. a person whose religious opinions differ from established belief.
[Origin: 1685–95; free + thinker]

—Related forms
freethinking, adjective, noun

—Synonyms skeptic, agnostic; atheist.

Encarta:

free·think·er (plural free·think·ers)

noun

Definition:

somebody who does not accept dogma: an independent thinker who refuses to accept established views or teachings, especially on religion

free·think·ing adjective, noun

It really doesn't matter whether you think your friends are 'freethinkers' or not, the fact is the name of the forum is appropriate and it is going to remain named as such.

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
flamingfuzzy wrote: The

flamingfuzzy wrote:
The difference is that, when I think of "free thinking" it means thought without bounds.

Well, there's your trouble!  You have made up your own definition for the term 'freethinking'.  As Pariahjane pointed out, the connection of the word freethinker to atheist was established long before this site was developed.  

You are, of course, entitled to your own opinion and we thank you for sharing it with us, but nothing is going to change.

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
flamingfuzzy wrote: Can we

flamingfuzzy wrote:
Can we sink lower? The problem with the last post is that it holds only the most vague of similarities to the topic in question. Cars, printers, helicopters, not only do those not contradict with what they really are, when you say those words an image of WHAT THEY REALLY ARE pops up. The difference is that, when I think of "free thinking" it means thought without bounds. Can you call yourself a "free thinker", when you ban some of the greatest thinkers from participating? I don't MIND you doing that, of course you want discousions with ONLY people who think like you. Just call it something that is not it's opposite.

I am really sorry that you are so affronted by a forum name.  I hope it doesn't sour your experience at RRS.  You suggest, however, that we are banning the greatest thinkers from participating, and that is simply incorrect.  There are multiple forums on this website that everyone is invited to participate in.  I don't think it is unreasonable (and certainly not banning) to lock one forum.  If you go to a Christian forum, there are often MANY forums that a non-Christian person is blocked from.  

My suggestion to you, since you claim you are an atheist and therefore are not blocked from FA, is that you simply not post there.  That way, every thread you make will be available for everyone to view.  Those that wish perhaps to have a more 'private' thread should have the right to do that.   

flamingfuzzy
flamingfuzzy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Let's say we live in some

Let's say we live in some old funky tribe. I want to marry your daughter(sexy beast that she is), so I tell you that I will give you three goats for her, and you agree. We give statements areeing to this exchange in public, prevent us from backing out. When I finally come to get your daughter, I tell you that the word "goat" might mean that four legged animal we all know and love(to eat) to you, but according to our tribe's ancient textbook of retarded old farts opinions, it really means 1/84 of an once of toejam. Needless to say, confusion(and anger) would ensue. The problem with the name of the forum is NOT the reality of the meaning, but how it will be interpreted. Interpretation is worth more than reality, in so far as words and their origins are concerned. When you call someone a "dork" you are most likely not reffering to the original origin of the word, but the modern representation of the word.

flamingfuzzy
flamingfuzzy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Another point with which I

Another point with which I do not agree. I hear that the christians have all sorts of forums locked, and that this is your only one. Are you not trying to prove them wrong? Should you be comparing your logic to the logic of those you are trying to prove incorrect? Besides, the whole point is riddled with faults anyways. Hitler killed thousands of jews. So, if we only kill a few, it should be okay. All things considered. To base a choice, on someone else's choice alone is the VERY oposite of freethinking. It is fallascious to the core. And besides, I never said you were banning the greatest thinkers, merely that the majority of great thinkers I know are christian.

silentseba
silentseba's picture
User is offlineOffline
No, the problem is that you

No, the problem is that you couldn't find anything better to whine about and the best you could come up with is that you dont like the name of the forum.

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
flamingfuzzy wrote: And

flamingfuzzy wrote:
And besides, I never said you were banning the greatest thinkers, merely that the majority of great thinkers I know are christian.

My apologies, I thought that was what you meant when you said this:

flamingfuzzy wrote:
Can you call yourself a "free thinker", when you ban some of the greatest thinkers from participating?

The owners of this forum have a right to run things how they see fit. Even comparing a private forum to Hitler is completely absurd.  (Who, btw, killed more a 'thousands' of Jews).

Definition are subjective and cultural.  However, those definitions exist for a reason; it's called communication.  We cannot change the definitions at whim to suit our needs or we would not be able to communicate.  They can change with time.  Until the definition of free-thinking changes, I see absolutely no reason why it cannot be applied as it has.  

There is really nothing else to say about this subject.  The fact that you've decided to compare us to Hitler because we have a 'private' forum kind of tells me that you're not going to be reasonable about this discussion.   

flamingfuzzy
flamingfuzzy's picture
User is offlineOffline
LOL! I never meant to be

LOL! I never meant to be harsh about the "greatest thinkers" thing, just wanted to make sure my point was understood. And secondly, what is the whole point of an analogy? Hitler breathed air, and so do you! There, I just compared you to Hitler! See what I mean? An analogy is simply there to point out a flaw in your thinking, by showing how your logic could be used to prove some completely stupid claims. It is not there to show that you are like Hitler, just to make a point. To get offended by someone using someone, or something, you disaprove of, is illogical. Besides, see how quickly you disliked being compared to him? Not very open minded Eye-wink. And as for the thousands thing... I never said how many thousands. Technicly I could have said tens of jews. ALOT of tens, but still tens. Eye-wink Peace out,

Da Fuzzy

flamingfuzzy
flamingfuzzy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh, and before I forget. I

Oh, and before I forget. I like how you say that you are free from the bonds that come with putting all your faith and mind behind God. Atheist does not mean that you DONT believe God, it means that you BELIEVE that God is not real. You are held down by the belief that God is not real. LOL! Especialy comparing him to faeries! Have you ever seen a book full of faerie tales go thousands of years without being disproven? Honestly, despite being an atheist, I think it takes more faith to be an atheist, than it does to be a christian. There is NO proof for atheism, and a little for God. Until I see you guys show me ANYTHING that comes close to disproving God, I will continue to be disapointed when you say christians are blindly following their faith. Especialy when you aren't using a single one of your sences.

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
Good grief. Im going to

Good grief. Im going to need another beer....

What proof is needed for atheism? How exactly does someone prove they dont believe in god? I just dont believe it to be true..Thats all there is to it.

Can you give me some links to this little bit of proof for god? I would like to see it.  

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
One last time I will try

One last time I will try re-phrasing this another way.

The forum is named what it is, that is not going to change.

You don't like/agree with the name. For that we are not apologizing but rather we are asking you just accept the fact that you disagree and this has been discussed before but we have valid reasons for naming the forum as such it will remain.

Start posting and discussing on the forums if you wish on other topics... or not. We are not trying to tell you to leave but if this is the only thing you want to discuss then it is a waste of your time and ours.

You have been directed to other threads that have dealt with this topic and it is rather redundant to rehash it again, so please feel free to get involved with other discussions but if you continue to beat this dead horse the thread will be locked. If you feel the need to troll out and start another thread on the same topic you will be warned/temporarily blocked and if it continues you will be banned. 

We seriously are not trying to be dicks but all that can be said about this has been, the forum will continue to be called "Freethinking Anonymous".

Thanks, hope to see you around the forums. 

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
flamingfuzzy wrote:  And

flamingfuzzy wrote:

And secondly, what is the whole point of an analogy? Hitler breathed air, and so do you! There, I just compared you to Hitler! See what I mean? An analogy is simply there to point out a flaw in your thinking, by showing how your logic could be used to prove some completely stupid claims. It is not there to show that you are like Hitler, just to make a point. To get offended by someone using someone, or something, you disaprove of, is illogical. Besides, see how quickly you disliked being compared to him? Not very open minded Eye-wink.

Oh, I wasn't offended.  The Hitler comparison is one we get frequently on this forum and it's really just tiresome.  However, if that wasn't your intention that I misunderstood.  It's just something that many theists try to pull.  

flamingfuzzy
flamingfuzzy's picture
User is offlineOffline
I suppose, if you simply do

I suppose, if you simply do not belive in God, then you are agnostic. Atheists have made a firm point and say they believe there is no God. And as for the proof? Like I said, they have a VERY small amount. The Bible. I know. Remember I am not a christian, I am simply pointing out they have a one up on you. They have a book of many thousands of pages that has yet to be disproven over thousands of years, and you have.... nothing. The proof needed for atheism is astounding indeed. You would either have to go back and discover EXACTLY how the world was made, or dispove EVERY single religion on earth, and even then you couldn't disprove him. It is a leap of faith. A huge one.

As far as this being redundant, well, then don't reply, as I have said earlier, by replying to my posts you are simpy encouraging me to defend my earlier stance. If you were able to take the hit to your ego, and let me have the final say, then the forum would end(unless I desired to talk to myself.... Smiling.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
flamingfuzzy wrote: As far

flamingfuzzy wrote:

As far as this being redundant, well, then don't reply, as I have said earlier, by replying to my posts you are simpy encouraging me to defend my earlier stance. If you were able to take the hit to your ego, and let me have the final say, then the forum would end(unless I desired to talk to myself.... Smiling.

The name of the forum is not up for debate, please do not start another thread on this topic. Feel free to post on other topics.

This thread will be locked. Thank you.