Capital Punishment (Off topic conversation moved here)

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Capital Punishment (Off topic conversation moved here)

Off topic posts from another thread are being moved here.

iluvc2h5oh
iluvc2h5oh's picture
User is offlineOffline
About Life Sentence and Death Penalty

1st I dont advocate the death penalty except in extreme cases of vile acts where there is no question of guilt or innocence.

But If I wnat someone to get the death penalty it is not to make them suffer it is because I feel the world would be a better place without them at all then with them locked in jail...if you are locked in jail there is always a chance one day you will be free, if you are killed...I am pretty sure it is permenant.

"When the missionaries arrived, the Africans had the Land and the Missionaries had the Bible, They taught us how to pray with our eyes closed. When we opened them, they had the Land and we had the Bible." - Jomo Kenyatta

L1G
L1G's picture
User is offlineOffline
Presupposition

You're presupposing, along with Sam Harris, that capital punishment is ever an option.  Think about it.  Death does not lead to suffering.  Death leads to the elimination of all suffering.  Ergo, an atheist in favor or causing the most suffering, as would be proportional to the crime, should advocate life imprisonment over the death penalty.