Meet-Ups

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Meet-Ups

Find one in your area, Go, Go nuts?

I've enjoyed the ones I've gone to in my area anyway. I found it through a site called meet-up, check it out.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I signed up for it in my

I signed up for it in my area a while back, but there were only maybe a dozen people signed up and nobody wanted to spend the money to host it, so it's not running for now.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

dead_again
Special AgentWebsite Admin
dead_again's picture
User is offlineOffline
Perhaps the best way to get

Perhaps the best way to get something like this going would be to host a localized event calender on this site. I looked into meetup at one point but knew I would be wasting my money because of a lack of interest in my area. Anyone care to chime in on whether or not adding a "meetup" section on this site would be possible?

Your god's silence speaks loud and clear

dead_again
dead_again's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anyone care to chime in? Is

Anyone care to chime in? Is my idea a bad one or is there a lack of interest/resources? My feelings won't get hurt either way.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Setting up a meet up

Setting up a meet up through this site, might be a lot of work. If you don't really like the idea of trying to run a meet up through that thing you could try to start something on something like facebook and move it to the meet up site when it gets bigger. I think the site works so well because the people going there are looking to meet up.

I would kinda be worried about posted addresses on the site as the hate mail isn't exactly few and far between.

dead_again
dead_again's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hmm I didn't think about the

Hmm I didn't think about the posted address suicide bombers. Good point. Maybe I'll come up with a soluition for everyone here. BTW Void, what part of TX are you from? You can PM if you don't want it plastered on the forums.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
There is also the fact that

There is also the fact that you'll get more people coming if its just for atheists not rrs members. Also it would be less of a target.

dead_again
dead_again's picture
User is offlineOffline
OK I set up a shared google

OK I set up a shared google calendar for Bryan/College Station TX meetups. Here is the link

http://www.google.com/calendar/render?cid=ddupjjr97jnsnhgs53jnubqjs8%40group.calendar.google.com

you have to have a google account BTW.