zealots on youtube

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
zealots on youtube

my video "godless america" is a hotspot for nutty xians. here's a comment i just had to share:

Pikepaw (1 hour ago) Marked as spam God never committed violent acts for the sake of being violent. He never enjoyed punishing people, but He did it so that they would learn. God is king, and people need to know that. This generation just has a problem with authority and fears being controlled. All you have proved is that God isn't a pansy, and that He does take action. and my response:  djneibarger (6 seconds ago) Marked as spam the god of the bible is most definitely NOT my king, as i would never bow my head to such a violent, sadistic pervert. a no one else should, either. a fictional character from a poorly written book is a far cry from an authority figure. this generation doesn't have a problem with authority, it has a problem with ignorance. and the source of that ignorance is religion.  

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pikepaw is just

Pikepaw is just silly.

His/her god is never violent for the sake of being violent and nasty?  How then would this theist explain earthquakes, tsunamis and hurricane Katrina?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: Pikepaw is

Susan wrote:

Pikepaw is just silly.

His/her god is never violent for the sake of being violent and nasty? How then would this theist explain earthquakes, tsunamis and hurricane Katrina?

Gay people? 

shikko
User is offlineOffline
djneibarger wrote: my

djneibarger wrote:

my video "godless america" is a hotspot for nutty xians. here's a comment i just had to share:

Pikepaw (1 hour ago) Marked as spam God never committed violent acts for the sake of being violent. He never enjoyed punishing people, but He did it so that they would learn. God is king, and people need to know that. This generation just has a problem with authority and fears being controlled. All you have proved is that God isn't a pansy, and that He does take action.
I love this reasoning. Got turns someone into a pillar of salt, and he's thinking, "There! Let THAT be a lesson to you." There's a story about Lincoln I love (even though it's probably apocryphal): A mother once got into the White House and woke Lincoln up at five in the morning, saying her son had been sent by train to Washington a few days before, had had no sleep, had been assigned to guard duty on arriving, had fallen asleep, and now was going to be shot at eight that morning. He said, "Well, I guess shooting him wouldn't help much," and signed a pardon for the soldier. In short, isn't it only a lesson if it leaves you alive to learn from it? Killing someone as a lesson to others doesn't make you a teacher; it makes you a tyrant.

--
maybe if this sig is witty, someone will love me.