Who reads Comics?

Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Who reads Comics?

I do! I do! Been collecting for years now. So much so every couple of months I donate a box(300) of comics to the battered woman and children's center.

If not, Have a favorite superhero? I'm a geek for Superman.

Tried Manga, but haven't enjoyed it yet. So, anymore comic book geeks lurking here with me? 

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
i'm a former comic geek. i

i'm a former comic geek. i used to collect multiple titles; spawn, savage dragon, alpha flight, fantastic four, thor, and dozens of others i've long forgotten. i slipped out of the hobby in my late twenties when i started becoming obsessed with reading non-fiction and fantasy books. but my son is a manga freak. him and i both developed our artistic style from the comics we read. you can see examples of both our artwork at the links in my signature line.

i still browse the comic rack every now and then, but i'm just not into collecting like i used to be. still love to draw in a comic book style, though Smiling

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I used to collect them ages

I used to collect them ages ago. But I gave up. The damn things come far too quickly to keep up with. I have a hard time keeping up with the novel series' I'm interested in, which tend to release one per series per year. Comics coming at 1 per month is beyond my capabilities. Not to mention the storage problems.
The last comic I bought was more of a comic novel. Dark Empire, of the Star Wars universe. Detailing the ressurrection and second(and final) death of Emperor Palpatine.

I will say that my favourite comic hero of all time would have to be Wolverine of the X-Men. He's Canadian, and he kicks ass.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:

Vastet wrote:
I will say that my favourite comic hero of all time would have to be Wolverine of the X-Men. He's Canadian, and he kicks ass.

And he's an atheist!

I suck at signatures.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I used to collect as well -

I used to collect as well - Stopped when I discovered Claremont couldn't finish a story in under 30 issues.

Favorite hero? Daredevil. I've had vision problems most of my life so I enjoyed seeing a blind guy thrashing people. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

grimey
grimey's picture
User is offlineOffline
tony starks-ironman was my

tony starks-ironman was my guy.....i heard captain america was dead is that true?

Urbanredd
Urbanredd's picture
User is offlineOffline
I used to as well. Now it's

I used to as well. Now it's webcomics. Easier to keep up.

Ironic that this topic is posted. I was reading through my webcomics this morning and came across this:

http://www.leasticoulddo.com/comic/20070703

Pretty much busted a gut reading it. Enjoy! 

There are two seasons in Canada, Hockey season and not-Hockey season.

Canada: 16% Atheist and growing.