Hi

neptewn
neptewn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi

Hi,

Well I figured It's about time to introduce myself i've been a member of the forum for a couple days now.

I'm 37 years old been an atheist most of my life, i'm also married to an atheist (Natural selection at work I assume), we have two kids, and I live in Southern California.

Now along with not believing in God I also don't believe in racism, the problem being the latter actually exist. So with that said I'm going to keep it brief and go to bed...

Good night.

Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer. - William S. Burroughs

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums

Welcome to the forums Neptewn.

I've seen you around in the threads, nice to hear an intro from you. 

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!  Glad you are

Welcome!  Glad you are here. 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!

Welcome to the hizzle!

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome, neptewn.  I also

Welcome, neptewn. 

I also have seen some of your posts here on the forums!

We're really glad you're here and hope you got some sleep last night. Smiling

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

ProfessionalWidow
ProfessionalWidow's picture
User is offlineOffline
neptewn

Welcome to the site! I'm pretty new as well. It's wonderful that you're married to a freethinker too. How do you explain Xtian holidays to your kids? Does "Santa" visit your home?

PW

"Heresy is only another word for freedom of thought."
~Graham Greene

neptewn
neptewn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Right now Santa and the

Right now Santa and the Easter bunny holds about as much weight as Elmo in their belief system.

Plus we don't really spend a lot of time as a group with our extended families, so it really is just a vehicle to get together a few times a year. Both of our families are religous but aware of our stance, so they don't really push the Christ aspect of the religion on us, it's pretty much an unwritten rule we don't really head-down that path.

Plus if I tried to take a hard-liner stance to stop participating in x-mas, my real hurdle with my wife would be convincing her not to shop. One of her greatest pations...

Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer. - William S. Burroughs

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lol. Welcome to the site.

Lol.

Welcome to the site. Smiling

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Prang
Prang's picture
User is offlineOffline
Neptewn is to blame for

Neptewn is to blame for turning me on to this forum, just for the record...Tongue out

inspectormustard
atheist
inspectormustard's picture
User is offlineOffline
neptewn wrote: Right now

neptewn wrote:

Right now Santa and the Easter bunny holds about as much weight as Elmo in their belief system.

Hey, Santa is the one true lord over all! The Christians perverted his image into the adversary of god, Satan.

Believe!