Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi. I'm Bradley!

Introductory post moved here.

Bradley Horton
User is offlineOffline
Why I am a proud atheist.

Hello, I am Bradley. I am about to be 40 years old, this December. My birthday is December 09, 1967. On December 09, 1980, my 13th birthday, I was diagnosed with my brain tumor. It was the remains of my undeveloped twin. I have had 14 operatioins, over the years. In 1980 (2), 1981 (1), 1982 (1), 1984 (1), 1996 (1) and 19987 (Cool. And in 1997, I got to spend 6 months, in 4 comas, due to a MISDIAGNOSED problem.

I remember, when I was first, in the hospital, in 1980, the pastor, from the church I went, with my familty, came to see me. He said, "God's watching out for you. It was here that my atheism started. However, I was in a family where I was not allowed to express these feelings. I was forced to go to church, even though I did everything I could to fight it.

After my problems in 1997, where I was really close to death again, I got a bit lost, in the confusion and started to try churhc again. It took me a while, but I eventually came to reason, that god does not eixst. Jesus is a huge joke. And the holy spirit is just a waste of time. And my time is far to precious to me to waste it.

For severaL years now, I have putting together a new agency for people, who have been through life-altering health episodes. I am trying to help people, especially children and adolescents, who are having to face such hard times. My agency is called "D.A.P.P.E.R.", that is "DIFFERENTLY ABLED PROUD PEOPLE EXERCISING RIGHTS". This is something that I can do with what I have been through.

I am also expressing my Atheism, mlore than ever. So, if you ever need some help, give me a call.

Bradley Thomas Horton

978-544-xxxx

[MOD EDIT - phone number altered.  If you want Branley's phone number, please PM him.] 

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome, Bradley. It sounds

Welcome, Bradley.

It sounds as if you've had a hard road to travel.  We all hope you are doing well now.

We're glad you're here and look forward to hearing what you have to contribute to the forums.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Bradley!  Glad you

Welcome Bradley!  Glad you are here!  What an amazing story with an even more amazing outcome.  It is great that you are using your experience for something positive. 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!

Welcome to the hizzle!

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes. Welcome. Good work!

Yes. Welcome. Good work!

Urbanredd
Urbanredd's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Bradley. Congrats on

Welcome Bradley. Congrats on starting the organization!

Magus
High Level DonorModerator
Magus's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome to the forums.

Welcome to the forums.

Sounds made up...
Agnostic Atheist
No, I am not angry at your imaginary friends or enemies.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums

Welcome to the forums Bradley!