got kicked off chat room for being too rational

masterjoe
User is offlineOffline
got kicked off chat room for being too rational

they guy sapient kicked me off ,becasue i said athiest can be fundamentlist also.or maybe becasue i can prove ,intelligent design"-not christian magic" with rational logic,.im not bitchin here,i like what u guys are doing,its a good job,but i hope u dont create nazi stlye athiest or satan worshiping blackmagic numskulls(i know there is no satan,but evil entiy worshiping,like the jewish religon) or maybe he kicked me becasue i told people to visite coasttocastam.co(worlds most listened to radio show) where they actaualy prove the after life concept. or youtube coasttocast. I Don want you to loose viewers or anything ,im just saying there is actually a perfect explanation for the GOD concept.(i know god is not a man or a woman) its an IT. anywayz if you look in the right places you can find a clear answer. o dont want to destory your movement,i think its the step people can take to make the world a better place. maybe ill call in one day and prove to u that god exist,but i still need to know the phone #

go read about astral projection, OBE, near death experience.google em

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
my best guess is you got

my best guess is you got kicked because you write in a very incoherent style, without proper capitalization, punctuation, or um.. what's that other thing... grammar.

Or, maybe you're right about the Coasttocoastam thing.  If you're a big fan of that show, and were spamming the channel about it, you probably deserved kicking.

Not to mention... there's something very familiar about you... maybe I'm going to research your IP.   Have you been banned from here before?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
masterjoe wrote: they guy

masterjoe wrote:
they guy sapient kicked me off

A word for the wise. Sapient owns this site and runs the chat room. Bitching about getting kicked in the chat room on the forum is not going to get you anywhere, even if you were improperly kicked. And frankly, it does not seem to me that such is the case.

masterjoe wrote:
,becasue i said athiest can be fundamentlist also.

Are you sure you said they can be, or did you perhaps say that they are?

masterjoe wrote:
or maybe becasue i can prove ,intelligent design"-not christian magic" with rational logic

This is a ludicrous suggestion. The fact that some people still believe in the completely and totally refuted suggestion of intelligent design shows our species still has a long way to go before we can even call ourselves intelligent.

masterjoe wrote:
im not bitchin here

Yes you are.

masterjoe wrote:
,i like what u guys are doing,its a good job,but i hope u dont create nazi stlye athiest or satan worshiping blackmagic numskulls(i know there is no satan,but evil entiy worshiping,like the jewish religon)

All religions are equally evil, and equally opposed here. That includes the wiccas, jewish, muslim, and christian religions, but is not limited to them.

masterjoe wrote:
or maybe he kicked me becasue i told people to visite coasttocastam.co(worlds most listened to radio show) where they actaualy prove the after life concept.

So you're advertising a fundamentally opposed polar opposite of this site, on this site, and you don't see why you should have been kicked for it? And you actually think that group of idiots is capable or has accomplished proving an afterlife? Yes, you definately deserved to be kicked out.

masterjoe wrote:
I Don want you to loose viewers or anything

Obviously you do. You're promoting a competitor of the RRS on the RRS's own boards.

masterjoe wrote:
,im just saying there is actually a perfect explanation for the GOD concept.

There is no such thing, but I encourage you to give an attempt at it.

masterjoe wrote:
(i know god is not a man or a woman) its an IT.

How do you know this?

masterjoe wrote:
anywayz if you look in the right places you can find a clear answer.

And I have. There is no god.

masterjoe wrote:
o dont want to destory your movement

Obviously you do. You keep saying you don't want to, followed by an attempt to do so immediately after. Pathetic that you think you are not transparent.

masterjoe wrote:
i think its the step people can take to make the world a better place. maybe ill call in one day and prove to u that god exist,but i still need to know the phone #

I'm sure Sapient would love to have you on his show. Just ask him. Don't bitch and whine and promote competitors of his business on his own site. That's just disrespectful.

masterjoe wrote:
go read about astral projection, OBE, near death experience.google em

All irrational and unproven concepts.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Masterjoe

Masterjoe

Do you take strong hallucinogens, or did you just never attend grammer school? I am normally not one to call someone out on grammer, spelling, punctuation etc as this is an online forum, however, your style of writing is so incoherent and garbled it is not even recognizable English.

Also, if you are operating under the delusion that you can prove Intelligent Design, by all means share your brilliant thesis with me. I'd be happy to rip it to shreds. I am a molecular biologist and am quite versed in the various crackpot theories that the Discovery Insitute and all the other psuedoscientific research institutions come out with, so if you think you have something I have missed, please bring it to my attention and I will happily rip it apart.

Also, please do not make virulent anti-semetic comments, as I, like many on this board, am Jewish by blood. If you think the Jewish God is an evil entity, you are defeating yourself, since Yahweh is also the same God worshipped by Christians, which you undoubtably are judging by your poor grammer and spelling.

Nonetheless, I agree that Yahweh is a vile, malicious, sadist, however I do not think a Christian has any right to point this out, unless they are about to forego their religion. 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

masterjoe wrote:
they guy sapient kicked me off ,becasue i said athiest can be fundamentlist also.or maybe becasue i can prove ,intelligent design"-not christian magic" with rational logic,.im not bitchin here,i like what u guys are doing,its a good job,but i hope u dont create nazi stlye athiest or satan worshiping blackmagic numskulls(i know there is no satan,but evil entiy worshiping,like the jewish religon) or maybe he kicked me becasue i told people to visite coasttocastam.co(worlds most listened to radio show) where they actaualy prove the after life concept. or youtube coasttocast. I Don want you to loose viewers or anything ,im just saying there is actually a perfect explanation for the GOD concept.(i know god is not a man or a woman) its an IT. anywayz if you look in the right places you can find a clear answer. o dont want to destory your movement,i think its the step people can take to make the world a better place. maybe ill call in one day and prove to u that god exist,but i still need to know the phone # go read about astral projection, OBE, near death experience.google em

I am only speeking for myself I am not speeking on behalf of the board or it's mods. But as a privacy advocate and a former mod on other boards, here is my personal take on it: 

"Poor me" "I am persicuted because people wont put up with hocus pocus claims".

You were NOT persicuted. If you want to sell your comic book claims, start your own website and do it there. No one put a gun to your head and forced you to go into that chat room. No one forced you to make this post here.

Your persicution complex is underwhelming and not the slightest bit impressive. Take your pitty party elsewhere. The owners of this site dont hate people who believe what they dont. Atheists are concerned about one thing and one thing only, "Evidence" and they are not under any obligation to buy Harry Potter claims simply because you fanticise about "Weekly Word News" garbage.

The junk you sell has been debunked ad nausium over and over and no credible scientists buys it.

Atheists have been accused of being Nazis too. Get over yourself and grow up.

Atheists treat all claims the same and want "evidence". Yes, we do dismiss junk for what it is. That is being rational, not facist. We cant help you if you dont want help in facing that. But it does not make the board owners Nazis because they dont want people spamming the board with junk.

If someone were to start a post here claiming that vampires existed they would give it the weight it diserves. If the person continued they'd  be under no obligation to provide them with server space to store that junk. If they wanted to sell the idea of vampires they can start their own pro vampire website and not one atheist here would use goverment force to stop them from doing such.

"Poor me"........would you like some whine with cheese?

This site is under no obligation to provide anyone, be it you or me, with space. We are guests here invited by the owners.

Tell me, would you want me to bust down your door and force you to read "The God Delusion"? NO you wouldnt. So dont have the gaul to come in here at try to dictate to a private owned website what the owners can do. They own it, not you, not me. 

If you really believe you are being "rational", you need help. Maybe the people here cant help you, but you do need help. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
masterjoe wrote:

masterjoe wrote:
i hope u dont create nazi stlye athiest or satan worshiping blackmagic numskulls(i know there is no satan,but evil entiy worshiping,like the jewish religon)

Golly.

What are you even talking about dude? You're like a pissed off toddler on acid running around the living room babbling nonsense. You got kicked from a chat room? Say it ain't so!!

I'd be delighted to see you try and prove some of your crap to Deludegod (as he offered). It's always fun to watch a crazy person try and rationalize their insanity.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Let me add. I have been

Let me add. I have been kicked out of Christian chat rooms merely based on the nick I was using. I may think it is stupid, but the fact is that the room is run by them, not me. I dont bitch about them doing what they want with things they own and run. If I dont like what they have to say I can start my own chat room or website. What I cant do is tell someone how to run something I dont own.

So you think sapient is a facist? If he had a nickle for every time.

Grow up, your rights were not violated and no one was being facist. I think what you should do insted of making silly and inmature accusations, mabe you should critically look at your own claims insted of clinging to fantacy and buying it as fact. I think you'll find that reality is much more liberating than buying superstition of any kind.

Sapient would never suggest forcable opression of anyone. But certainly YOU do not have the right to come into his chat room and bitch about something you dont own and try to dictate to him what he should do with what he owns.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

The Patrician
The Patrician's picture
User is offlineOffline
In fairness, masterjoe, I

In fairness, masterjoe, I would have kicked you out of chat because you type like a 14 year old airhead on crack.

No offense.

Freedom of religious belief is an inalienable right. Stuffing that belief down other people's throats is not.

zntneo
Superfan
User is offlineOffline

masterjoe wrote:
they guy sapient kicked me off ,becasue i said athiest can be fundamentlist also.or maybe becasue i can prove ,intelligent design"-not christian magic" with rational logic

BWHAHAHAHAHA!   yea love to see that nonsense. 

masterjoe wrote:

.im not bitchin here,i like what u guys are doing,its a good job,but i hope u dont create nazi stlye athiest or satan worshiping blackmagic numskulls(i know there is no satan,but evil entiy worshiping,like the jewish religon)

yes the jewish religion is worshipping evil, yup sure. You do realize they worship the same god without jesus? You probably couldn't care less though.

masterjoe wrote:
 or maybe he kicked me becasue i told people to visite coasttocastam.co(worlds most listened to radio show) where they actaualy prove the after life concept. or youtube coasttocast. I Don want you to loose viewers or anything ,

Uh huh and someone has proved that the time is cubic

masterjoe wrote:
im just saying there is actually a perfect explanation for the GOD concept.(i know god is not a man or a woman) its an IT. anywayz if you look in the right places you can find a clear answer. o dont want to destory your movement,i think its the step people can take to make the world a better place.

sure right good luck with that 

masterjoe wrote:
 maybe ill call in one day and prove to u that god exist,but i still need to know the phone # go read about astral projection, OBE, near death experience.google em

Read about a few, you know they can cause them by sticking electrodes into someone's brain in certain areas? 

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Certainly, we must believe

Certainly, we must believe that masterjoe is not as ignorant as he has portrayed himself above.  To fall to that nadir, a person would need to be a victim of fetal alcohol syndrome and have been lobotomized as a small child.  Instead, I prefer to think of masterjoe as a perspicuous analyst of modernity and a rakish wit in hiding.  Is anyone with me, or is he really just a crackmonkey?

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

zntneo
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Nero,         He's

Nero,

He's just a crackmonkey sorry.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I work 3rd shift and listen

I work 3rd shift and listen to coast to coast am when I work. I listen to it for laughs.

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Grammar Girl would condemn

Grammar Girl would condemn him to literacy hell.

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
We require fools such as

We require fools such as this one for our society to work.  Who else will flash fry the delicious french fries at McDonald's.  Look kindly upon his idiocy.  We cannot all be members of the Jane Austen Society!

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
I know that the title of

I know that the title of this thread stated that you were kicked out of a chat for being too rational.  I can only conclude, after reading the gibberish you wrote, that you have absolutely no idea what the word rational means. 

Are you sure you didn't mean to write 'I got kicked out of a chat for being a dumb asshole'? 

If god takes life he's an indian giver

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nero wrote: We require

Nero wrote:
We require fools such as this one for our society to work. Who else will flash fry the delicious french fries at McDonald's. Look kindly upon his idiocy.

Mmmmmm....french fries..... 

Nero wrote:
We cannot all be members of the Jane Austen Society!

Ahhhh....one of my favorites!!

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline

masterjoe wrote:
they guy sapient kicked me off

FYI: I haven't been in the chatroom in a week, it was probably Rook using my account.

Further, imagine the chatroom is a real room in the home of the Rational Response Squad, it is private property.  Sometimes morons, idiots, liars, and assholes get kicked out as the mods have simply had enough.  Not only is this within their rights, but also a suggestion directly from me.  Our site is a home specifically for atheists who are sick of people who act as stupid as the views you espoused in your post, occassionally the patience of our members wears thin, and lunacy isn't welcome.  We get enough lunacy in the real world and don't always want it in our living room.  

Those who bring ridiculous claims to our site don't realize they are insulting our intelligence by assuming they will convince us to hold their irrational positions.  These insults aren't always welcome, often we just deal with it.   

masterjoe
User is offlineOffline
wow so harsh.lol yes i am

wow so harsh.lol

yes i am about 14 years old(17 really),dont use spell check.fuck grammer. and you guys are being ignorant .random chance is not a good way to explain the universe.thats like saying, i threw a pile of metal over the fence and a week later it turned into a computer.
If you look at nature you'll see everthing is in perfect mathematical proportions,for example the Golden ratio which is found in the Nautilus shell:the ratio between segments approximates the golden mean. and also in trees and in plants ,the leaves grow in patters,nothing random there,This IS intelligence,its math,the sorlar system and the galaxy are in mathematical patterns,Nature is not a dumass or random,this is the facts you guys are ignoring. all the atoms, DNA and everything has been created intelligently.
and most importantly consciousness,energy can never be destroyed only transformed into another form, consciousness IS energy,you cant kill it,and you never really die.this explains the ghost phenomenon.
not only that ,quantum physics proves consciouness has an effect on everything we do,because everything is consciouness ,or what native americans refer to as spirit,watch that movie,What the Bleep do we know.

IF you read some(or google vid some) Terence mckenna-a super smart person- you'll get an idea where religion evolved, if you study some alchemy & mysticism,read about DMT,try the techniques youself,read alster crowley's(new age shit) work or grant morrison(where the idea for the matrix movie) and try to expand your Consciousness instead of accepting or ignoring the facts.
facts like the existance of UFO(ufo disclosure project,real people who worked in nasa,area 51,who got killed for talking) and research 2012.mayan callander-nothing Random there- if you do the practice for astral travel,maybe u'll be lucky to see the 5th deminsion,.i never use to believe all that shit untill i tried it myself,and it works. or maybe you need to try magic mushrooms or marajuana,DMT.

Im just saying the Being"supreme consciousness" is an "IT",its like a mathematical ,mystical ,spritual thing as described by edgar casey-u kno about him rite? .IT wound not limit itself to just one planet.There is no randomness,(carl jung synchronicity,23 enigma,sirius star system)( THE JEHOVA IS a being is higher intelligence who requires blood sacrifice) THe egyptian culture was centered on the afterlife.like most other ancient cultures.they new we are trapped in light,and the universe is a hologram,WE came from NOTHING and the universe is going to return to nothing,the bible is all alchmey,the bhagavad gita can be viewed in a scientific way.you cant take shit literaly when you read those text.

There is meny ways to prove intelligence in the universe,I am not talking about christian explanation(magic) Im saying people are like hollow bricks now-a-days,this is because all the infornation is being kepy away from our eyes,by the govt and religion,becasue they want to control us.dont want to give us hope.
people need sprituality(not new age shit) they dont need religion.and being a fundamental atheist is the same thing as being a fundamental religion-ist. and thats being ignorant.

If you do your research,listen to the experts and try things for yourself you can view reality in different ways.
Learn you history(not school book history)
Look into what the leaders of the world are doing,the Freemasons,they know shit you dont.the illumaniti.

I dont want you guys to be like hollow bricks.

google and listren to joe rogan talk about DMT,its funny.

read what people saw when they died and came back.near death experience.
http://www.nderf.org/NDERF_NDEs.htm

hail eris all hail discordia!! VOTE RON PAUL,911truth

i probably know more shit than all of you,anywayz

deludedgod
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
masterjoe wrote:

masterjoe wrote:

yes i am about 14 years old(17 really),dont use spell check.fuck grammer. and you guys are being ignorant .random chance is not a good way to explain the universe.thats like saying, i threw a pile of metal over the fence and a week later it turned into a computer.
If you look at nature you'll see everthing is in perfect mathematical proportions,for example the Golden ratio which is found in the Nautilus shell:the ratio between segments approximates the golden mean. and also in trees and in plants ,the leaves grow in patters,nothing random there,This IS intelligence,its math,the sorlar system and the galaxy are in mathematical patterns,Nature is not a dumass or random,this is the facts you guys are ignoring. all the atoms, DNA and everything has been created intelligently.

Clearly you are just here to spread your ignorance and arguments from incredulity. Seeing as you operate under the delusion that this is proof of intelligent design. Perhaps, then, you would be so kind as to remember that

a) As I have shown here and here:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/proteomics_and_its_applications_for_evolutionary_mechanisms_indisputable_proof_of_evolution_and_...

http://www.rationalresponders.com/reading_the_common_descent_endogenous_retrovirals_and_mitochondrial_dna_a_very_short_page

Evolutionary mechanisms are not random despite the lack of a conscious guider.

here I have shown that every a posteriori mechanism for attempting to prove God is intellectually bankrupt, perhaps you would care to respond to allegations that you are making a stolen concept fallacy with your argumentum ad ignoratium as shown here:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/noncognitivist_arguments_part_i_god_exists_is_mutually_contradictory

The rest is merely metaphysical garbage. You should do more study into QM, before citing it in your favor. Consciousness is not "energy" it is a neurological process. Please, you would do well to check out what I wrote in refuation to this here:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/fallacies_commonly_employed_against_materialism_refuted

You are attempting to refer to a QM interpretation known as Consciousness causes wavefunction collapse, which, firstly, does not imply what you are suggesting. I think you need some slight versing in standard QM information, as shown here:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/noncognitivist_arguments_part_ii_the_matter_information_conjecture_is_a_crisis_for_the_existence...

and here, where I wrote:

The one thing which really got me about the quantum paradoxes is how little they matter. Just because we cannot know the definite state of the cat in the box and have to draw a wavefunction does not mean the cat is in a definite state. I think that CCC is saying not that the cat is not in a definite state without an observer, but instead that there is no way to know the definite state without an observer. But that's obvious! I'm really confused too. I think I'll stick to the relatively safe (but still totally absurd) world of particle physics, instead of quantum paradoxes. Drop John Wheeler a message about it, see what he thinks. After all, he developed it.

I think Ill stick to It from Bit, which says the only predicate for WF collapse is information expressed in the particles, not an observed. This gets around the problem you posed. CCC is problematic because it leads to an infinite regress of conscious observers, possibly up to God himself. But that's just ridiculous in terms of parsimony. If you look up "breaking Occam's Razor", you'll find a picture of a person looking into a box with a cat.

For parsimony, put money on Wheeler's It from bit, since in that picture, there are no wavefunctions to collapse, since it is impossible to isolate a system of information (For example, in the box with the cat, a single air molecule entering or escaping would collapse the WF). Far from collapsing the wavefunctions, there are no wavefunctions to collapse. Since all bodies capable of existing in multiple quantum states emit information, wavefunctions do not exist, and this is the epitome of parsimony.

And you would do well to remember that no Quantum physicist takes this seriously, as I reminded:

They claim to have proof from quantum phyiscs? That's very interesting, since I did quantum physics in university and still study it, and I have never heard such a ridiculous claim in my entire life. What would they use to support it? Electrodynamics? Chrondodynamics? Entaglement? Boltzmann paramaters? Supersymmetry? Gauge theory? I cannot see a relationship between QED and this metaphysical garbage.

The quantum physicist John Wheeler, for his work on the nature of consciousness and its relevance to Wavefunction collapse, was hailed as a guru by New Age spiritual idiots. Wheeler hates them. He said of them "Where there's smoke, there's smoke".

I don't think quantum physicists take seriously the notion that their work has any relevance to New Age mysticism.

Also, perhaps you would care to respond to a set of questions I arrayed for vitalists here:

How do you explain the alteration effect produced on the conscious experience by drugs?

How do you solve the interaction problem?

At what point in the neuroelectrochemical feedback loop does the “soul” enter the equation?

How do you explain the debunking of the Cartesian Theatre hypothesis?

How do you explain split-brain experiments?

At what point during neurogenesis in human embryonic development does the soul enter the equation?

How do you explain the knock-on effect?

How do you account for the divisibility problem?

How do you account for neuroplasticity and synaptogenesis?

What say you regarding the relationship between blood flow and thought processing?

How do you explain PVS?

masterjoe wrote:

Do you mean to imply that you think you know more than me about biology, physics and QM despite the fact that I have engaged in formal study of all three?

Could you please not debate on issues on which you are fundamentally ignorant?

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

zntneo
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod

deludedgod wrote:

masterjoe wrote:

Do you mean to imply that you think you know more than me about biology, physics and QM despite the fact that I have engaged in formal study of all three?

Could you please not debate on issues on which you are fundamentally ignorant?

Deludedgod, duh he has god speaking in his ear! Your petty human edumacation is nothing in comparison to Gods education! Geez i thought this was common knowledge. 

IzzyPop
IzzyPop's picture
User is offlineOffline
zntneo wrote: Deludedgod,

zntneo wrote:

Deludedgod, duh he has god speaking in his ear! Your petty human edumacation is nothing in comparison to Gods education! Geez i thought this was common knowledge.

I used to have God talking into my ear.   I found that a tin foil hat works really well at shutting him up...

"When you hit your thumb with a hammer it's nice to be able to blaspheme. It takes a special kind of atheist to jump up and down shout, 'Oh, random fluctuations-in-the-space-time-continuum!'"-Terry Pratchett

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nota Bene.  This minor did

Nota Bene.  This minor did attempt to improve all aspects of his poor communications skills in his second post.  We should recognize that he is of a generation of text messengers.  So, it is of little surprise that the Queen's English comes slowly to him. 

Of course, having given him the benefit of the doubt on the matter of grammar, I still find his content moronic.  What experience base has he to imagine to tell others who "a real smart guy" is.  I imagine he still finds many small minds to be intelligent.  After all, he is clearly lacking in many regards.  I am disappointed that my prediction of a keen observer of modernity has been proven false.  C'est le guerre.

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Deludedgod ... your brain

Deludedgod ... your brain kind of scares me.

But it's good scared. Like getting flashed with boobies when you weren't expecting it. "GASP ... oh ... wow that was fun"

metaloz
User is offlineOffline
Interesting article from

Interesting article from scientist supporting Life After Death 

Some people who have survived a life-threatening crisis report an extraordinary experience. Near-death experience occurs with increasing frequency because of improved survival rates resulting from modern techniques of resuscitation.

The content of NDE and the effects on patients seem similar worldwide, across all cultures and times. The subjective nature and absence of a frame of reference for this experience lead to individual, cultural, and religious factors determining the vocabulary used to describe and interpret the experience.1

NDE are reported in many circumstances: cardiac arrest in myocardial infarction (clinical death), shock in postpartum loss of blood or in perioperative complications, septic or anaphylactic shock, electrocution, coma resulting from traumatic brain damage, intracerebral hemorrhage or cerebral infarction, attempted suicide, near-drowning or asphyxia, and apnea.

Such experiences are also reported by patients with serious but not immediately life-threatening diseases, in those with serious depression, or without clear cause in fully conscious people. Similar experiences to near-death ones can occur during the terminal phase of illness, and are called deathbed visions.

Identical experiences to NDE, so-called fear-death experiences, are mainly reported after situations in which death seemed unavoidable: serious traffic accidents, mountaineering accidents, or isolation such as with shipwreck.

Several theories on the origin of NDE have been proposed. Some think the experience is caused by physiological changes in the brain, such as brain cells dying as a result of cerebral anoxia.2-4 Other theories encompass a psychological reaction to approaching death,5 or a combination of such reaction and anoxia.6

Such experiences could also be linked to a changing state of consciousness (transcendence), in which perception, cognitive functioning, emotion, and sense of identity function independently from normal body-linked waking consciousness.7

People who have had an NDE are psychologically healthy; although some show non-pathological signs of dissociation.7 Such people do not differ from controls with respect to age, sex, ethnic origin, religion, or degree of religious belief.1

Studies on NDE1,3,8,9 have been retrospective and very selective with respect to patients. In retrospective studies, 5-10 years can elapse between occurrence of the experience and its investigation, which often prevents accurate assessment of physiological and pharmacological factors.

In retrospective studies, about 45%1 of adults and up to 85% of children10 who had a life-threatening illness were estimated to have had an NDE. A random investigation of more than 2000 Germans showed 43% to have had an NDE at a mean age of 22 years.11

Differences in estimates of frequency and uncertainty as to causes of this experience result from varying definitions of the phenomenon, and from inadequate methods of research.12

Patients' transformational processes after an NDE are very similar1,3,13-16 and encompass life-changing insight, heightened intuition, and disappearance of fear of death. Assimilation and acceptance of these changes is thought to take at least several years.15

The authors defined NDE as the reported memory of all impressions during a special state of consciousness, including specific elements such as out-of-body experience, pleasant feelings, and seeing a tunnel, a light, deceased relatives, or a life review.

They defined clinical death as a period of unconsciousness caused by insufficient blood supply to the brain because of inadequate blood circulation, breathing, or both. If, in this situation, CPR is not started within 5-10 min, irreparable damage is done to the brain and the patient will die.

The results show that medical factors cannot account for occurrence of NDE; although all patients had been clinically dead, most did not have NDE. Furthermore, seriousness of the crisis was not related to occurrence or depth of the experience.

If purely physiological factors resulting from cerebral anoxia caused NDE, most of the patients should have had this experience. Patients' medication was also unrelated to frequency of NDE. Psychological factors are unlikely to be important as fear was not associated with NDE.

Only 12% of patients had a core NDE, and this figure might be an overestimate. True frequency of the experience is likely to be about 10%, or 5% if based on number of resuscitations rather than number of resuscitated patients. Patients who survive several CPRs in hospital have a significantly higher chance of NDE.

Good short-term memory seems to be essential for remembering NDE.

Patients with memory defects after prolonged resuscitation reported fewer experiences than other patients in our study.

Forgetting or repressing such experiences in the first days after CPR was unlikely to have occurred in the remaining patients, because no relation was found between frequency of NDE and date of first interview.

However, at 2-year follow-up, two patients remembered a core NDE and two an NDE that consisted of only positive emotions that they had not reported shortly after CPR, presumably because of memory defects at that time. It is remarkable that people could recall their NDE almost exactly after 2 and 8 years.

Our finding that women have deeper experiences than men has been confirmed in two other studies,1,7 although in one,7 only in those cases in which women had an NDE resulting from disease.

Our findings show that the process of change after NDE tends to take several years to consolidate. Presumably, besides possible internal psychological processes, one reason for this has to do with society's negative response to NDE, which leads individuals to deny or suppress their experience for fear of rejection or ridicule.

Thus, social conditioning causes NDE to be traumatic, although in itself it is not a psychotraumatic experience. As a result, the effects of the experience can be delayed for years, and only gradually and with difficulty is an NDE accepted and integrated. Furthermore, the long-lasting transformational effects of an experience that lasts for only a few minutes of cardiac arrest is a surprising and unexpected finding.

Several theories have been proposed to explain NDE.

We did not show that psychological, neurophysiological, or physiological factors caused these experiences after cardiac arrest.

Neurophysiological processes must play some part in NDE. Similar experiences can be induced through electrical stimulation of the temporal lobe (and hence of the hippocampus) during neurosurgery for epilepsy,23 with high carbon dioxide levels (hypercarbia),24 and in decreased cerebral perfusion resulting in local cerebral hypoxia as in rapid acceleration during training of fighter pilots,25 or as in hyperventilation followed by valsalva manoeuvre.4

Ketamine-induced experiences resulting from blockage of the NMDA receptor,26 and the role of endorphin, serotonin, and enkephalin have also been mentioned,27 as have near-death-like experiences after the use of LSD,28 psilocarpine, and mescaline.21

These induced experiences can consist of unconsciousness, out-of-body experiences, and perception of light or flashes of recollection from the past.

These recollections, however, consist of fragmented and random memories unlike the panoramic life-review that can occur in NDE. Further, transformational processes with changing life-insight and disappearance of fear of death are rarely reported after induced experiences.

Thus, induced experiences are not identical to NDE, and so, besides age, an unknown mechanism causes NDE by stimulation of neurophysiological and neurohumoral processes at a subcellular level in the brain in only a few cases during a critical situation such as clinical death. These processes might also determine whether the experience reaches consciousness and can be recollected.

With lack of evidence for any other theories for NDE, the thus far assumed, but never proven, concept that consciousness and memories are localized in the brain should be discussed.

How could a clear consciousness outside one's body be experienced at the moment that the brain no longer functions during a period of clinical death with flat EEG?22

Also, in cardiac arrest the EEG usually becomes flat in most cases within about 10 s from onset of syncope.29,30 Furthermore, blind people have described veridical perception during out-of-body experiences at the time of this experience.31 NDE pushes at the limits of medical ideas about the range of human consciousness and the mind-brain relation.

Another theory holds that NDE might be a changing state of consciousness (transcendence), in which identity, cognition, and emotion function independently from the unconscious body, but retain the possibility of non-sensory perception.7,8,22,28,31

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Do you have a link for this

Do you have a link for this article? 

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline

masterjoe wrote:
they guy sapient kicked me off ,becasue i said athiest can be fundamentlist also.or maybe becasue i can prove ,intelligent design"-not christian magic" with rational logic,.im not bitchin here,i like what u guys are doing,its a good job,but i hope u dont create nazi stlye athiest or satan worshiping blackmagic numskulls(i know there is no satan,but evil entiy worshiping,like the jewish religon) or maybe he kicked me becasue i told people to visite coasttocastam.co(worlds most listened to radio show) where they actaualy prove the after life concept. or youtube coasttocast. I Don want you to loose viewers or anything ,im just saying there is actually a perfect explanation for the GOD concept.(i know god is not a man or a woman) its an IT. anywayz if you look in the right places you can find a clear answer. o dont want to destory your movement,i think its the step people can take to make the world a better place. maybe ill call in one day and prove to u that god exist,but i still need to know the phone # go read about astral projection, OBE, near death experience.google em

....that is likely the dumbest thing I've ever read. Ever.

masterjoe wrote:

wow so harsh.lol

yes i am about 14 years old(17 really),dont use spell check.fuck grammer. and you guys are being ignorant .random chance is not a good way to explain the universe.thats like saying, i threw a pile of metal over the fence and a week later it turned into a computer.
If you look at nature you'll see everthing is in perfect mathematical proportions,for example the Golden ratio which is found in the Nautilus shell:the ratio between segments approximates the golden mean. and also in trees and in plants ,the leaves grow in patters,nothing random there,This IS intelligence,its math,the sorlar system and the galaxy are in mathematical patterns,Nature is not a dumass or random,this is the facts you guys are ignoring. all the atoms, DNA and everything has been created intelligently.
and most importantly consciousness,energy can never be destroyed only transformed into another form, consciousness IS energy,you cant kill it,and you never really die.this explains the ghost phenomenon.
not only that ,quantum physics proves consciouness has an effect on everything we do,because everything is consciouness ,or what native americans refer to as spirit,watch that movie,What the Bleep do we know.

IF you read some(or google vid some) Terence mckenna-a super smart person- you'll get an idea where religion evolved, if you study some alchemy & mysticism,read about DMT,try the techniques youself,read alster crowley's(new age shit) work or grant morrison(where the idea for the matrix movie) and try to expand your Consciousness instead of accepting or ignoring the facts.
facts like the existance of UFO(ufo disclosure project,real people who worked in nasa,area 51,who got killed for talking) and research 2012.mayan callander-nothing Random there- if you do the practice for astral travel,maybe u'll be lucky to see the 5th deminsion,.i never use to believe all that shit untill i tried it myself,and it works. or maybe you need to try magic mushrooms or marajuana,DMT.

Im just saying the Being"supreme consciousness" is an "IT",its like a mathematical ,mystical ,spritual thing as described by edgar casey-u kno about him rite? .IT wound not limit itself to just one planet.There is no randomness,(carl jung synchronicity,23 enigma,sirius star system)( THE JEHOVA IS a being is higher intelligence who requires blood sacrifice) THe egyptian culture was centered on the afterlife.like most other ancient cultures.they new we are trapped in light,and the universe is a hologram,WE came from NOTHING and the universe is going to return to nothing,the bible is all alchmey,the bhagavad gita can be viewed in a scientific way.you cant take shit literaly when you read those text.

There is meny ways to prove intelligence in the universe,I am not talking about christian explanation(magic) Im saying people are like hollow bricks now-a-days,this is because all the infornation is being kepy away from our eyes,by the govt and religion,becasue they want to control us.dont want to give us hope.
people need sprituality(not new age shit) they dont need religion.and being a fundamental atheist is the same thing as being a fundamental religion-ist. and thats being ignorant.

If you do your research,listen to the experts and try things for yourself you can view reality in different ways.
Look into what the leaders of the world are doing,the Freemasons,they know shit you dont.the illumaniti.

I stand corrected.

You could have really pared all of that down to these two words:

masterjoe wrote:
fuck grammer.

Though I would like to know...what do you have against actor Kelsey Grammer? Frasier wasn't everyone's cup o' tea, but is that any reason to attack the guy like that? 

masterjoe
User is offlineOffline
OK ,you win, your the

OK ,you win, your the smarter person & i cant answer all your  questions.

How do you explain the alteration effect produced on the conscious experience by drugs?
well,monkeys evolved side by side with plants,the drugs in the plants expanded or alter their cousciouness and they got smarter,brains got larger.and here we are now.Our brians are wired to use drugs,they activate the pineal gland which pumps DMT out,and that provides you with the mystical experience.we get to use a larger % of the brain when on drugs.more of the synapses are connected and more information can be processed.

The metaphysical and paranormal is not grabage.just becasue we cant see something doesnt mean it does not exist.same goes for experienceing "reality".

Nothing is not really physicaly solid.when you zoom into the atom there is nothing there, its like a shell.i guess thats where string theory comes in.

I know that the universe is intelligent,it might not be aware of itself yet.And evolution is evolution of consciouness,singel cell to animals over billions of years.No-one really knows where DNA comes from anywayz.DNA might be the code for consciouness.i think everything is alive and conscious even rocks or dirt.

Lets say its all in your brain.how do you explain this
"Born without a BRAIN!"

When Sheffield’s campus doctor was treating one of the mathematics students for a minor ailment, he noticed that the student’s head was a little larger than normal. The doctor referred the student to professor Lorber for further examination.

The student in question was academically bright, had a reported IQ of 126 and was expected to graduate. When he was examined by CAT-scan, however, Lorber discovered that he had virtually no brain at all.

Instead of two hemispheres filling the cranial cavity, some 4.5 centimetres deep, the student had less than 1 millimetre of cerebral tissue covering the top of his spinal column. The student was suffering from hydrocephalus, the condition in which the cerebrospinal fluid, instead of circulating around the brain and entering the bloodstream, becomes dammed up inside.
Normally, the condition is fatal in the first months of childhood. Even where an individual survives he or she is usually seriously handicapped. Somehow, though, the Sheffield student had lived a perfectly normal life and went on to gain an honours degree in mathematics. This case is by no means as rare as it seems. In 1970, a New Yorker died at the age of 35. He had left school with no academic achievements, but had worked at manual jobs such as building janitor, and was a popular figure in his neighbourhood. Tenants of the building where he worked described him as passing the days performing his routine chores, such as tending the boiler, and reading the tabloid newspapers. When an autopsy was performed to determine the cause of his premature death he, too, was found to have practically no brain at all. Professor Lorber has identified several hundred people who have very small cerebral hemispheres but who appear to be normal intelligent individuals. Some of them he describes as having ‘no detectable brain’, yet they have scored up to 120 on IQ tests. "

found here http://www.alternativescience.com/no_brainer.htm

http://www.wintersteel.com/Life_Without_Brain.html

Paralyzed People Use Mind Control
30-May-2003

German neuroscientist Niels Birbaumer is teaching 11 paralyzed patients who can't even blink their eyes how to use their brain waves to control a computer. They've learned to change the electrical signals coming from their brains by visualizing an arrow about to be shot from a bow or a runner crouched at the starting line. The electrical brain waves generated by these types of thoughts can used to control a cursor that selects letters to spell words, meaning these formerly mute people can now communicate

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
masterjoe wrote: OK ,you

masterjoe wrote:
OK ,you win, your the smarter person & i cant answer all your questions.

well,monkeys evolved side by side with plants,the drugs in the plants expanded or alter their cousciouness and they got smarter,brains got larger.and here we are now.Our brians are wired to use drugs,they activate the pineal gland which pumps DMT out,and that provides you with the mystical experience.we get to use a larger % of the brain when on drugs.more of the synapses are connected and more information can be processed.

The metaphysical and paranormal is not grabage.just becasue we cant see something doesnt mean it does not exist.same goes for experienceing "reality".

Nothing is not really physicaly solid.when you zoom into the atom there is nothing there, its like a shell.i guess thats where string theory comes in.

I know that the universe is intelligent,it might not be aware of itself yet.And evolution is evolution of consciouness,singel cell to animals over billions of years.No-one really knows where DNA comes from anywayz.DNA might be the code for consciouness.i think everything is alive and conscious even rocks or dirt.

"Born without a BRAIN!"

When Sheffield’s campus doctor was treating one of the mathematics students for a minor ailment, he noticed that the student’s head was a little larger than normal. The doctor referred the student to professor Lorber for further examination.

The student in question was academically bright, had a reported IQ of 126 and was expected to graduate. When he was examined by CAT-scan, however, Lorber discovered that he had virtually no brain at all.

Instead of two hemispheres filling the cranial cavity, some 4.5 centimetres deep, the student had less than 1 millimetre of cerebral tissue covering the top of his spinal column. The student was suffering from hydrocephalus, the condition in which the cerebrospinal fluid, instead of circulating around the brain and entering the bloodstream, becomes dammed up inside.
Normally, the condition is fatal in the first months of childhood. Even where an individual survives he or she is usually seriously handicapped. Somehow, though, the Sheffield student had lived a perfectly normal life and went on to gain an honours degree in mathematics. This case is by no means as rare as it seems. In 1970, a New Yorker died at the age of 35. He had left school with no academic achievements, but had worked at manual jobs such as building janitor, and was a popular figure in his neighbourhood. Tenants of the building where he worked described him as passing the days performing his routine chores, such as tending the boiler, and reading the tabloid newspapers. When an autopsy was performed to determine the cause of his premature death he, too, was found to have practically no brain at all. Professor Lorber has identified several hundred people who have very small cerebral hemispheres but who appear to be normal intelligent individuals. Some of them he describes as having ‘no detectable brain’, yet they have scored up to 120 on IQ tests. "

30-May-2003

German neuroscientist Niels Birbaumer is teaching 11 paralyzed patients who can't even blink their eyes how to use their brain waves to control a computer. They've learned to change the electrical signals coming from their brains by visualizing an arrow about to be shot from a bow or a runner crouched at the starting line. The electrical brain waves generated by these types of thoughts can used to control a cursor that selects letters to spell words, meaning these formerly mute people can now communicate

You are one of the biggest whooo-whooo believers I have run across in the last fews years, thanks for the laughs. 

ABx
User is offlineOffline
masterjoe wrote:

masterjoe wrote:
we get to use a larger % of the brain when on drugs.more of the synapses are connected and more information can be processed.
You know that the notion that we only use 10% of our brain has been thoroughly debunked, right? We may only use 10% or less for any individual impulse, but overall we use the whole of our brain.

There is, however, a term for what happens when unusual amounts of the brain are activated simultaneously; it's called an "epileptic seizure".

Quote:
Prove it.

Quote:
Nothing is not really physicaly solid.when you zoom into the atom there is nothing there, its like a shell.i guess thats where string theory comes in.
String theory? I thought you said there's nothing there?

Nothing looks the same when you zoom in enough. Look at a building closely enough and it's nothing but a pile of bricks, wood, and/or metal.

Quote:
I know that the universe is intelligent,it might not be aware of itself yet.
Prove it.

Quote:
"Born without a BRAIN!"
For such a miraculous finding, you would think that he would have produced some kind of data, written some kind of report, or anything beyond simple antecdote. If it were really as common as you suggest, someone else would have also picked up on it. Being able to show it and prove it would undoubtedly make someone very famous and very rich very fast.

Quote:

30-May-2003

lol, you know that's about a new computer interface, right? It's not telepathy, it's a device connected to a computer that interprets electrical signals/muscle movements in the face, allowing people to control a computer who wouldn't be able to otherwise. Similar technology is being used to create a game controller that will be on the market in the relatively near future. There's nothing miraculous here, anyone can use it. It's technology.

Since you cut and pasted this, I think it's safe to assume you already know this, which leads me to believe that you have resorted to lies to make your point. That pretty well destroys any credibility that's left after your obvious linguistic retardation.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Metaloz, please do not cut

Metaloz, please do not cut and paste articles without giving proper credit to the author and providing a link.  We should always post who wrote the article and where it can be found.

When in doubt, you can always say "Interesting article from scientist supporting Life After Death"  and provide a link.

Please post a link in this thread to the original article. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

deludedgod
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I laughed so hard reading

I laughed so hard reading what you wrote.

I've already read the wintersteel page on numerous occasions, and all of it is utterly ridiculous.

Maybe, instead of ripping articls off the web and sputtering incoherencies, you could try, just try, having an original thought. Douchebag.

Now, where were we?

Oh yes.

I actually felt vomit in the corners of my mouth rereading wintersteel.

It's utter lunacy.

The cardioregulatory center in the brain controls the beating of the heart. Without a brain, the heart would not beat. Nearly all of the unconscious functions of the body are controlled by the brain. The Vagus nerve, the Vestibulocochlear nerve, the oculomotor nerve. Since there is no sensory processing, all organs are vestigial, the body is totally worthless.

A body without a brain is dead. It cannot move or function. No motor coordination, since there is no CNS. No organs, no movement, no senses, no nothing. It will start decomposing within days since there is no axon-stimulus for the organization of the cellular colonies. (This was shown when experiments with Sensory Deprivation proved that vestigial use of organ functions related to certain brain signals would die when unused) If you cover the eye of a kitten from birth for an extended period of time, say a year, it will be blind since the neurons controlling the VSC will unravel. Same principle, except there are no neurons as there is no brain making the situation ever more utterly absurd,

Its just a vegetable. If I unplugg my computer's Hard Disk, BIOS, GPU, motherboard and CPU, I'll switch it on and pray that it will just "adapt" to no longer existing! What a great idea.

The notion that a body could survive or "adapt" without a brain is totally and utterly ridiculous. The body cannot function without the brain for more than a few moments. There are stories of chickens surviving for a while without heads, that is more plausible since chickens have primitive axon-feedback control systems, with a more decentralized nervous system, but if we are taking a human being. It's so utterly ludicrous. It is total nonsense. Without a brain, there can be no body, since the cells will undergo PCD or apoptosis in minutes, no electrical signals to stimulate unconscious functions of the organs, which means no heart, no lungs, no stomach, no nothing. And definitely no movement, seeing as that requires axon-firing, which requires a brain. You might as well suggest that I can use my computer without using my computer. The brain is the body. Without it, all the other functions are useless, vestigial. The heart cannot pump. The stomach cannot contract. The endocrine system cannot produce hormones, the exocrine system cannot undergo glandular secretions, the myosin ion gradients in the muscles die, the sensory organs are not connected to anything. The whole body becomes a useless vegetable without a brain.

Actually, the baby cannot properly develop in utero without developing a brain, since the baby's heart starts to beat in utero, and that requires electrical signals from the hypothalamus. If the baby did not develop a brain, it would come out stillborn, without a heart.

-Me

Books about atheism

masterjoe
User is offlineOffline
well i did  provide links.

well i did  provide links.

and the story of the guy being born without a brain did happen,its called hydrocephalus,it is real ,and happens all the time,some children with authism have been found to have no brains,just a small stub of cells. this means that consciousness is not in the brain,and the body is not really You.the brain is a like a filter for consciousness.

Quote:

Prove it.
A:Well you cant see radio waves but it exist.you cant see air,only the effects of it.

Quote:

String theory? I thought you said there's nothing there?

Nothing looks the same when you zoom in enough. Look at a building closely enough and it's nothing but a pile of bricks, wood, and/or metal.

A:string theory is just a theory.there is nothing holding the atoms together anywayz.

Quote:
I know that the universe is intelligent,it might not be aware of itself yet.

Prove it.

A:wel i think of it as a computer.your computer is intelligent but it doesnt know it exist.somewhat.... it doesnt doesnt disobey you. The universe is evolving and creating creatures of higher and higher consciousness,thats maybe why we are here now,we can look back on ourself and see what we are.self-awareness.rocks cant do that.or ants or cats. Maybe god is consciousness and it can only experience itself by creating things that are conscious.

Quote:
"Born without a BRAIN!"

For such a miraculous finding, you would think that he would have produced some kind of data, written some kind of report, or anything beyond simple antecdote. If it were really as common as you suggest, someone else would have also picked up on it. Being able to show it and prove it would undoubtedly make someone very famous and very rich very fast.

A: he did .Dr Rupert Sheldrake. In his book A New Science of Life Sheldrake rejected the idea that the brain is a warehouse for memories and suggested it is more like a radio receiver for tuning into the past. Memory is not a recording process in which a medium is altered to store records, but a journey that the mind makes into the past via the process of morphic resonance.  Such a 'radio' receiver would require far fewer and less complex structures than a warehouse capable of storing and retrieving a lifetime of data.

Its just they dont want to show this on TV(dumb box) it could change the way how people think. just like they dont show 911 truth or alex jones on TV.they could loose control of people

All you guys are saying is "its lunacy.its ridiculous"
but there is alot paranormal and consciousness  experiment conducted that prove this stuff is real.even plants have been proven to have consciousness and react to fires or pain.

religion doesnt provide anything for humans ,but sprituality does.And being athiest, just saying you born and die and THATS IT,doesnt provide any HOPE for people.seems too hollow for me.but thats just my opinion. If it really is like that and people start to think so then suicide is going to be a good thing.

Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
User is offlineOffline
masterjoe wrote: and the

masterjoe wrote:
and the story of the guy being born without a brain did happen,its called hydrocephalus,it is real ,and happens all the time,some children with authism have been found to have no brains,just a small stub of cells. this means that consciousness is not in the brain,and the body is not really You.the brain is a like a filter for consciousness.

If I'm not mistaken, babies born without brains are anencephaleptic. These babies, when not stillborn, die within a few days of being born. Autistic people are generally not anencephaleptic.

In any event, I'm pretty sure anencephaly and autism wouldn't exist if we were intelligently designed

Good night, funny man, and thanks for the laughter.

ABx
User is offlineOffline
Quote: and the story of the

Quote:
No, it didn't. You can assert that mind is separate from body if you like, but most of the brain controls the physical body. All we have to go on with the report you cite is antecdote. The guy that supposedly made the observation never wrote anything down, and reports of just how much brain there supposedly was or wasn't seem to change with every report. Once again, there is no data, and it's physically impossible. Without a brain the heart can't beat, the lungs can't breathe, and so on. Keep in mind that they eyes themselves are a part of the brain, not really a separate organ. Without a brain, the eyes wouldn't exist either.

This is, by far, the most ludicrous and least thought out claim I've ever seen a theist make.

Quote:
A:Well you cant see radio waves but it exist.you cant see air,only the effects of it.
Uhm... so you're saying that the fact that we can't see radio waves with the naked eye is indisputable proof of the paranormal? Are you kidding me?!

That's not proof. You need to provide proof that paranormal/supernatural things exist. Comparing it to things that you can't see with your eyes, but can nevertheless be proven beyond any doubt to anyone with any beliefs doesn't work. Even if I fully agreed with you, radio waves provide no proof of anything other than radio waves. Nevertheless, radio waves can be proven to anyone through science. If someone doesn't believe it, they can easily do the experiments themselves, see the radio towers, see the receivers and transmission, they can get measurment tools to detect the radio waves, and so on.

Likewise, things like wind, concepts like emotions, and so on, don't work either - all of those things can indeed be proven by science and experienced by anyone regardless of belief. That's what it means to prove something - to give evidence solid enough to convince anyone, regardless of their beliefs. To do so, experiments must be repeatable and falsifiable. Untestable and un-falsifiable claims have such a low probability of being true that they are not worth entertaining.

Quote:
A:string theory is just a theory.there is nothing holding the atoms together anywayz.
Obviously there is. Atoms are made of smaller particles, which are made of yet smaller things. Just because things don't look the same at the subatomic level means nothing. How things look at the subatomic level also bare no relevance to the macroscopic world. Either you truely don't understand what you're talking about, you're trying to rationalize, or you're kidding yourself.

Regardless, if you want to convince anyone of anything around here, you need to do a lot better than throwing out individual "facts", and you need to make sure that they are indeed facts, and that you can explain them in full.

Quote:
wel i think of it as a computer.your computer is intelligent but it doesnt know it exist.
This is circular reasoning. In order to accept that computers are in any way conscious, you must pre-suppose your conclusion that things are conscious. Otherwise it's just incoherent babble.

Your computer is not intelligent, it is, by definition, dumb. It creates calculations based on the flow of electricity through a long series of transistors.

Quote:
it doesnt doesnt disobey you.
It doesn't disobey you because it can't. It's not organic, it's not complex enough to create intelligent like behavior. It cannot do anything until you input data that it processes according to pre-programmed algorithms. It's not much more than an electronic abacus in many ways.

Quote:
Maybe god is consciousness and it can only experience itself by creating things that are conscious.
We have no reason to suppose there is a god at all. In fact we have no reason to suppose there is anything other than what we can see - that tends to be complex beyond our wildest fantasies as it is, why must you think it must be otherwise? From my perspective you're just intellectually lazy, unwilling to make the effort to truely understand the way things are. Instead you use your imagination to project qualities of your subjective experiences on everything else so that you can stroke your ego and engage in pseudo-intellectual masturbation that amounts to little more than pretending to understand things that are way over your head.

Quote:
he did .Dr Rupert Sheldrake.
I thought you said it was Sheffield that said these things? Sheffield never produced any kind of data to back up his claims. Simply saying something is not science.

Anyway, Sheldrake is a quack and a fraud. The idea that the popular media refuses to cover his stories is ludicrous - the popular media is the only one that covers his stories, as real science debunks everything he does, so he avoid them. If it wasn't for popular media, he wouldn't have lasted as long as he has. However every time someone tries to verify Sheldrake's claims, they end up debunking him. Sheldrake is a pseudo-scientist that isn't, and shouldn't be, taken seriously by anyone with half a brain. He wants the authority of science, but he's not willing to do the actual work involved in producing scientifically sound theories or proofs. Here's some reading for you:

http://calladus.blogspot.com/2006/09/nutty-professor-dr-rupert-sheldrake.html 

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?chanID=sa006&colID=13&articleID=00022BBF-C300-1353-830083414B7FFE9F 

http://www.randi.org/jr/011703.html

http://www.skepdic.com/morphicres.html (see "further reading" for more)

And here's a tip: In science, any time a scientist makes a claim, all the others try to disprove it. Scientists don't make a career out of agreeing with everyone else, they progress by proving others wrong. So when someone claiming to be a scientist claims that scientists just don't like what he says, that person is not a scientist and deserves no attention. Science is about finding truth by putting aside your biases and presuppositions. Simply trying to find proof for your beliefs is not science. If you want to know more about the mind and brain, there are plenty of great neuroscience out there for the layman. If you take the time to actually read them, you'll find they are far more fascinating than the pseudo-science. You'll also find that the pseudo-scientists rely entirely on your ignorance and gullibility to make their case.

As JBS Haldane said, "...the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we CAN suppose". Pseudo-science only distracts from that.

ABx
User is offlineOffline
Little Roller Up First

Little Roller Up First wrote:

masterjoe wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, babies born without brains are anencephaleptic. These babies, when not stillborn, die within a few days of being born. Autistic people are generally not anencephaleptic.

In any event, I'm pretty sure anencephaly and autism wouldn't exist if we were intelligently designed

Indeed. Hydrocephalus is simply too much fluid around the brain, and the problems it causes are typically because the brain is full size, and so the skull cannot accomodate the brain and the excess fluid. They have normal size brains.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrocephalus 

zntneo
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I thought i should

I thought i should definately chime in here. I have hydrocephalus. I am postive i have a brain and i actually decently funtion well.

Also, for me my skull expanded in order to accomodate the excess liquid, but because of this excess liquid my brain is squised into my skull.  The problems it has caused with me is because of my small corpus collessum (i think thats the right thing), it's the part of the brain which facilitates communcation between hemipsheres. Because of this I have a hard time moving things from short term to long term memory and if i am distracted for even a moment when someone is talking about something i utterly forget everything that was in my short term memory.

but to reiterate I was born with hydrocephalus (I didn't find out about it until my  20th or so birthday (on that day). So he is patiently mistaken if he thinks hydrocephalus is not having a brain. As i have seen my MRI and it's there.

also, to think you can be alive without a brain is absurd. It controls every part of your body without it theres nothing to control the body.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
masterjoe wrote: wow so

masterjoe wrote:
wow so harsh.lol

Look who's talking.

masterjoe wrote:
yes i am about 14 years old(17 really)

Not really much of a difference between the two, except a 17 year old is even more cocky yet doesn't know anything significant more than a 14 year old does.

masterjoe wrote:
,dont use spell check.fuck grammer.

As long as you get your point across and don't be a dick in the process most people will ignore this....

masterjoe wrote:
and you guys are being ignorant.

Quite the contrary.

masterjoe wrote:
random chance is not a good way to explain the universe.thats like saying, i threw a pile of metal over the fence and a week later it turned into a computer.

Uh huh. Now perhaps you should go learn what evolution actually is, instead of arguing against the typically dumb ass theist falsehood of what evolution is.

masterjoe wrote:

If you look at nature you'll see everthing is in perfect mathematical proportions,for example the Golden ratio which is found in the Nautilus shell:the ratio between segments approximates the golden mean. and also in trees and in plants ,the leaves grow in patters,nothing random there,

And since evolution isn't random, that is what we would expect to see.

masterjoe wrote:
This IS intelligence,its math,the sorlar system and the galaxy are in mathematical patterns

You're projecting human qualities onto a system which obviously has these patterns because of the way matter and energy interact with spacetime and gravity, amongst other mechanisms. There's nothing intelligent about it.

masterjoe wrote:
Nature is not a dumass or random,

Nature is not an entity. And it obviously isn't random, otherwise we wouldn't have laws of physics.

masterjoe wrote:
this is the facts you guys are ignoring.

You're deluding yourself into thinking that a proves b, when all a proves is a.

masterjoe wrote:
all the atoms, DNA and everything has been created intelligently.

Nope.

masterjoe wrote:

and most importantly consciousness,energy can never be destroyed only transformed into another form, consciousness IS energy,you cant kill it,and you never really die.this explains the ghost phenomenon.

More delusions. Conciousness is the result of chemical and kinetic energy interactions within matter. It is not some free floating piece of energy that sustains itself and keeps itself intact, regardless of how much you might wish otherwise.

masterjoe wrote:

What the bleep do we know proved that the makers didn't even know bleep, let alone quantum physics or anything else of a realistic nature.

masterjoe wrote:
IF you read some(or google vid some) Terence mckenna-a super smart person- you'll get an idea where religion evolved

I already have a pretty good idea, and I'd suggest due to your previous suggestions that you don't.

masterjoe wrote:
if you study some alchemy & mysticism,read about DMT,try the techniques youself,read alster crowley's(new age shit) work or grant morrison(where the idea for the matrix movie) and try to expand your Consciousness instead of accepting or ignoring the facts.

You're the one ignoring facts. And even worse, you're presenting fiction and delusion as fact.

masterjoe wrote:
facts like the existance of UFO(ufo disclosure project,real people who worked in nasa,area 51,who got killed for talking)

What do UFO's have to do with the topic? Ah well, if aliens really are watching us, I'm sure they're getting a hell of a laugh out of people like you.

masterjoe wrote:
and research 2012.mayan callander-nothing Random there-

Seriously, what drugs are you on? The Mayan calendar resets back at square one at the point it ends. There's no continuity problem, because the damn thing lasts for so long. So what if you have two seemingly identical dates? One of them was before the gun and the other was in the midst of the space age. Pretty easy to figure out which one you're talking about...
And seriously, it's more like the y2k bug. Were you perhaps one of those who thought the world would end simply because a few programmers were lazy and used 2 digits instead of 4? Did you think that god made those programmers decide to make it a two digit date instead of a four digit date, and that he was telling people when the world would end? What about when we get to the year 10,000? Our computers will be fucked yet again.

masterjoe wrote:
if you do the practice for astral travel,maybe u'll be lucky to see the 5th deminsion,

You don't even know what a fifth dimension is it would seem. The idea that your 4 dimensional mind would be able to comprehend let alone percieve it is ludicrous. Perhaps if you were a physics major, but you obviously aren't, since you disbelieve in the facts of evolution.

masterjoe wrote:
i never use to believe all that shit untill i tried it myself,and it works. or maybe you need to try magic mushrooms or marajuana,DMT.

Shrooms and weed aren't nearly powerful enough to make someone believe in this crap. You must already be half wacked naturally, or be doing a lot stronger drugs than the ones you mention.

masterjoe wrote:
Im just saying the Being"supreme consciousness" is an "IT",its like a mathematical ,mystical ,spritual thing

Prove it then. Show me your god.

masterjoe wrote:
as described by edgar casey-u kno about him rite?

Nope.
*Google search*
You mean the self proclaimed psychic? Rofl. Scam artist. Like they all are. Can't say I'm surprised you fall for that crap.

masterjoe wrote:
IT wound not limit itself to just one planet.There is no randomness,(carl jung synchronicity,23 enigma,sirius star system)( THE JEHOVA IS a being is higher intelligence who requires blood sacrifice)

Yes, you definately are on drugs. This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

masterjoe wrote:
THe egyptian culture was centered on the afterlife.like most other ancient cultures.

So? Some people even older than that used to throw virgins into volcanoes thinking the volcano wouldn't be mad at them anymore. I guess they were even more right, since they were more ancient. At least, according to your fucked up way of thinking.

masterjoe wrote:
they new we are trapped in light

They knew less than we know today. By an order of magnitude beyond your comprehension.

masterjoe wrote:
and the universe is a hologram

Quite laughable. Holograms are very recent concepts. They are certainly not 3000 years old.

masterjoe wrote:
WE came from NOTHING

Possibly, which would show a god isn't needed, and probably doesn't exist.

masterjoe wrote:
and the universe is going to return to nothing,

Highly unlikely. There'd have to be forces of nature we haven't percieved for that to even be possible, not to mention that we would have had to come from nothing in order for it to work.

masterjoe wrote:
the bible is all alchmey

The bible is all fiction, not alchemy. Do you even know what alchemy is? Since when did the bible turn or tell others how to turn lead into gold?

masterjoe wrote:
the bhagavad gita can be viewed in a scientific way.you cant take shit literaly when you read those text.

How and why, in that order.

masterjoe wrote:
There is meny ways to prove intelligence in the universe

The fact that we exist is proof that there is intelligence in the universe. Our intelligence.

masterjoe wrote:
I am not talking about christian explanation(magic)

Your magic is more valid than there's? WRONG

masterjoe wrote:
Im saying people are like hollow bricks now-a-days,this is because all the infornation is being kepy away from our eyes,by the govt and religion,becasue they want to control us.dont want to give us hope.

You really are on the very edge of sanity. I suggest you check yourself into a clinic fast, before you go postal.

masterjoe wrote:
people need sprituality(not new age shit)

Some people might. Not all do. And spirituality does not require one to bow down to fictional gods and magical claptrap.

masterjoe wrote:
they dont need religion.

This is one of the only true things I've seen so far in your post.

masterjoe wrote:
and being a fundamental atheist is the same thing as being a fundamental religion-ist. and thats being ignorant.

Your self refuting stupidity is truly astounding.

masterjoe wrote:

Not really no.

masterjoe wrote:

I know my history thank you very much. Well enough at least.

masterjoe wrote:

Idiots.

masterjoe wrote:

No, you want us to be raving lunatics thrown in an asylum with others like yourself. No thanks.

masterjoe wrote:

I really do not feel any inclination to do so.

masterjoe wrote:

Delusions.

masterjoe wrote:

Say what?

masterjoe wrote:

And we've come full circle to the 17 year old know it all who really knows less than my 6 year old neice.

I'm going to skip your next post because it was really to sad to bother with.

masterjoe wrote:
well i did provide links.

Links are not necessarily evidence.

masterjoe wrote:

Unfortunately for you I learned about this condition a month or two ago. And you are quite wrong. Every person who has been diagnosed with that disease has a brain. Every single one of them. They're just smaller than other peoples. Mostly due to compression, but some poor development as well. In plain and simple english, if you don't have at least enough of a brain to pump your heart and expand your lungs and motivate your body's systems then you'll be dead in a heartbeat.

masterjoe wrote:

Wrong on both counts. I've seen both radio waves and the air. I just needed help, since my eyes don't see in the complete spectrum on their own.

masterjoe wrote:

Not even remotely accurate. Are you perhaps working with a science textbook from the 1930s?

masterjoe wrote:
A:wel i think of it as a computer.your computer is intelligent but it doesnt know it exist.

A computer is not intelligent. Not yet anyway. It's merely a storage device capable of performing mathematical equations. Nothing more.

masterjoe wrote:
somewhat.... it doesnt doesnt disobey you.

Sure it does. All the time. I tell it to jump, it just sits there. Ah but maybe I expect too much. I tell it to run a program, it crashes. Again, maybe I expect too much.

masterjoe wrote:
The universe is evolving

No it isn't. Unless you want to equate the terms evolve and change, in which case your earlier statement about evolution not happening has just been refuted in your own words. Either way, you're kind of screwed on this one.

masterjoe wrote:
and creating creatures of higher and higher consciousness

That would require a goal, which evolution is incapable of having, making this assertion quite laughable.

masterjoe wrote:
thats maybe why we are here now,we can look back on ourself and see what we are.

As much luck and circumstance as anything. Actually strike that. Luck and circumstance is all there was to it.

masterjoe wrote:
self-awareness.rocks cant do that.

Prove it.

masterjoe wrote:
or ants or cats.

Prove it.

masterjoe wrote:
Maybe god is consciousness and it can only experience itself by creating things that are conscious.

I bet you're a Star Wars fan. So am I. I just know what's real and what's fiction.

masterjoe wrote:

A: he did .Dr Rupert Sheldrake. In his book A New Science of Life Sheldrake rejected the idea that the brain is a warehouse for memories and suggested it is more like a radio receiver for tuning into the past. Memory is not a recording process in which a medium is altered to store records, but a journey that the mind makes into the past via the process of morphic resonance. Such a 'radio' receiver would require far fewer and less complex structures than a warehouse capable of storing and retrieving a lifetime of data.

False. Having a "reciever" to a storehouse of all knowledge would require super powerful processors to distinguish and sort such information. It would require even more techniques to restrict the information recieved to that which was experienced. And it would go completely off line as the signal was blocked for periods of time. Strangely enough, there has never been recordings of the entire species sitting on it's collective ass drooling until the next download arrives.

masterjoe wrote:
Its just they dont want to show this on TV(dumb box) it could change the way how people think. just like they dont show 911 truth or alex jones on TV.they could loose control of people

Ironically, they're about to loose control of people for very different reasons than those you imagine.

masterjoe wrote:
All you guys are saying is "its lunacy.its ridiculous"

It is.

masterjoe wrote:

but there is alot paranormal and consciousness experiment conducted that prove this stuff is real.

You have yet to show any evidence of such. As has everyone who has come before you. I'm not holding my breath.

masterjoe wrote:
even plants have been proven to have consciousness and react to fires or pain.

That is not necessarily conciousness, though I agree they respond to stimulai far better than the average vegan would like you to believe in their misguided and irrational quest against vegetation.

masterjoe wrote:
religion doesnt provide anything for humans

Sure it does. Makes a remarkable excuse for war, poverty, and a number of other horrors we inflict upon ourselves.

masterjoe wrote:
but sprituality does.

Not necessarily.

masterjoe wrote:
And being athiest, just saying you born and die and THATS IT,doesnt provide any HOPE for people.

Why not? There's a lot more hope in a universe where our species can grow and grow instead of one where some asshole god says a word and everything ends.

masterjoe wrote:
seems too hollow for me.

Your argument seems more hollow to me than atheism can possibly be to you.

masterjoe wrote:
but thats just my opinion. If it really is like that and people start to think so then suicide is going to be a good thing.

Why? You need some kind of bullshit mystical crap in order for your life to be worth living? You have no friends? You have no family? You have noone and nothing that you care about? Then you should just kill yourself anyway.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
http://www.rationalrespond

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/sapient/atheist_vs_theist/8288

Here is my take on the infinite conscious since masterjoe seems to be interested in it.

[MOD EDIT - fixed link.  Note:  please remember to do a carriage return at the end of a link] 

brights
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Paralyzed People

Quote: Masterjoe

30-May-2003

Quote:
[ABx Wrote:]

lol, you know that's about a new computer interface, right? It's not telepathy, it's a device connected to a computer that interprets electrical signals/muscle movements in the face, allowing people to control a computer who wouldn't be able to otherwise. Similar technology is being used to create a game controller that will be on the market in the relatively near future. There's nothing miraculous here, anyone can use it. It's technology.

I think I heard about this.  I saw this on some TV program but can't, for the life of me, remember the name of the program.  I remember the narrator was Alan Alda.

Quote:
[ABx Wrote:]

Since you cut and pasted this, I think it's safe to assume you already know this, which leads me to believe that you have resorted to lies to make your point. That pretty well destroys any credibility that's left after your obvious linguistic retardation.

I agree.  If he/she were honest then he/she would have done this:

http://psychologytoday.com/articles/PTO-20030724-000002.html

Note in the article Birbaumer uses a device/machine not telepathy.

As far as being born without a brain.  Well I remember a few years back there was a girl born without a brain.  The medical professionals did say they thought it was because the mother didn't get enough folic acid.  That's what I remember but don't quote me on it LOL.  The baby died within hours.  I expected that because I truly think the body cannot live without a brain.

ABx
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I think I heard

Quote:
I think I heard about this. I saw this on some TV program but can't, for the life of me, remember the name of the program. I remember the narrator was Alan Alda.
I saw it too, but I can't remember either. I was thinking it was "Beyond Tomorrow", but I think it was actually the one where they likened future tech to comic book characters. If I'm right, they likened the device to telepathy; This moron must have been high and thought they were being literal.

I wrote:
Indeed. Hydrocephalus is simply too much fluid around the brain, and the problems it causes are typically because the brain is full size, and so the skull cannot accomodate the brain and the excess fluid. They have normal size brains.
Oops, ok, so I missed the mark by a little. They don't have normal size brains, just smaller. My point still stands, though.

zntneo
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Hydrocephalus , at least as

Hydrocephalus , at least as i have it, is an enlargment of the ventricles of the brain. These are inside the brain and are filled with csv. There is 2 types of hydro, communicating and non-communicating. I have communcating and it is when you just produce to much csv. Non-communcating is when you have a blockage.

The above picture is copied from emedicine.com.

The arrow points to the ventricles i speak of. This image is basically exaclty how mine looks. I thought mine might be worse.