Hello Everyone!

sathaten
User is offlineOffline
Hello Everyone!

Hello everone! I am new to these forums, but not the website. I believe I originally stumbled upon this place due to the Nightline debate, which I believe I first found out about from richarddawkins.net.

It was the Skeptic's Annotated Bible that brought me back to questioning the bible, and then The God Delusion that kinda sealed the coffin on me letting go of religion altogether. The content I have found here and on the Richard Dawkins site has been quite invaluable, helping me to be able to learn more about science in general, and reinfore my disbelief. I live in Western North Carolina, so I am smack in the bible belt, and come from a fundamentalist christian family (save my dad and maybe an uncle) so I kinda need to be able to know what I am talking about.

So, I guess that is it for my brief introduction! Hope you enjoyed reading it!

And also, I plan on attending the Atheist Alliance International Convention this September. Anyone else planning on attending? It would be interesting to meet face to face if so!

AtheistInWonderland
RRS local affiliate
User is offlineOffline
I'm just across the

I'm just across the mountains to the west in East Tennessee. I also plan on going to the Atheist Alliance Convention.

Welcome to the forums!

hutch
User is offlineOffline
Welcome! There's definitely

Welcome! There's definitely a lot of information here, I never have to chance to actually read most of it. Cry

AReasonableLu
AReasonableLu's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!  I'm glad to hear

Welcome!  I'm glad to hear about people going to the AAI in September.  I posted a question about it to see if it is worth going to yesterday but I got dead silence.  I just assumed no one goes!!  I'm still thinking about it, but I need to ask off for it.

“The four most over-rated things in life are champagne, lobster, anal sex and picnics.”
-Christopher Hitchens

"I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of Him."
-Gabriel Garcia Marquez

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome aboard, Sathaten! 

Welcome aboard, Sathaten!  Glad you are here.

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!

Welcome! Smiling

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
You're very welcome here. 

You're very welcome here.  I'm in North Georgia, so I feel the pain of that bible belt you keep getting whipped with.

Oh, and yes, I suspect lots of us will be at the Convention. 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

sathaten
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for the warm

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I am looking forward to the convention, as I have never been to anything like that before. I just turned 18 last month, and my family never travels so it will be nice to get out and about. I have been to D.C. once with my High School class, and quite liked the place.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums,

Welcome to the forums, sathaten!

Glad you found us "again" and started posting.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!

Welcome to the hizzle!