Not too good coworker

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Not too good coworker

Just had a coworker quit last week. She was very religious, and studying to be a minister. Anyway, she called off like 3 times a month and was late almost every day. Here's the funny part - she told the supervisor that the Holy Spirit told her to quit! :ROTF:

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Bigg
Bigg's picture
User is offlineOffline
I guess sometimes delusional

I guess sometimes delusional thinking has its benefits,gets rid of
halfassed co-workers.

Biodroid
Biodroid's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've got a coworker who

I've got a coworker who scares the crap outta me. He has a poster in his cube with a child pointing a gun with "If you don't matter to God, you don't matter to anyone." printed next to it.

I've been tempted to take this to our HR department, because instead of the half-assed message it wants to deliver, it seems to be an advert in favor of violence towards non-christians.

I know what this poster is trying to say after I researched it. It's a poster from "Answers in Genesis" trying to show that school shootings are caused by teaching evolution in school...I'll repreat that....they are asserting that school shootings are caused by evolution being taught in school. Seriously I don't know which is scarier.

You can see the lower half of the poster here...

http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-answers/features/you-matter-to-god 

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Biodroid wrote: I've got a

Biodroid wrote:

I've got a coworker who scares the crap outta me. He has a poster in his cube with a child pointing a gun with "If you don't matter to God, you don't matter to anyone." printed next to it.

I've been tempted to take this to our HR department, because instead of the half-assed message it wants to deliver, it seems to be an advert in favor of violence towards non-christians.

I know what this poster is trying to say after I researched it. It's a poster from "Answers in Genesis" trying to show that school shootings are caused by teaching evolution in school...I'll repreat that....they are asserting that school shootings are caused by evolution being taught in school. Seriously I don't know which is scarier.

Wow!!  I am surprised your HR department hasn't already said something.  Unfortunately, removal of the poster does nothing to change your co-worker's way of thinking.  Still, IMO that poster is a not-so-subtle threat and your HR department should be notified. 

Tarpan
Special Agent
User is offlineOffline
The Holy Spirit told me that

The Holy Spirit told me that these people are nuts.

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Biodroid wrote: I've got a

Biodroid wrote:

I've got a coworker who scares the crap outta me. He has a poster in his cube with a child pointing a gun with "If you don't matter to God, you don't matter to anyone." printed next to it.

I've been tempted to take this to our HR department, because instead of the half-assed message it wants to deliver, it seems to be an advert in favor of violence towards non-christians.

I know what this poster is trying to say after I researched it. It's a poster from "Answers in Genesis" trying to show that school shootings are caused by teaching evolution in school...I'll repreat that....they are asserting that school shootings are caused by evolution being taught in school. Seriously I don't know which is scarier.

That's actually quite creepy.  My supervisor has an upside cross tattooed on her neck and a ton of sacrificial blades in her cube.  She has some shrunken heads in there too. 

But I think your co-worker is creepier.

If god takes life he's an indian giver

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've worked with a few

I've worked with a few fundies. One had an attitude, as my dad would say, "like a bent shit can." She teased a fellow co-worker about her shaven head, saying, "Is bull dyke the new look?"

"No," replied the other co-worker. "It's chemotherapy." Then the fundy chastised her for not telling her she had cancer! 

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Fundies are asshats. She

Fundies are asshats. She wasn't a fundie (black woman-black church, fairly liberal.), but definitely was irrational. And wonder if she's gonna be late or call of from church?

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
rab wrote: She teased a

rab wrote:

She teased a fellow co-worker about her shaven head, saying, "Is bull dyke the new look?"

Even teasing, that's not a very xian-like thing to say. 

Rab wrote:
Then the fundy chastised her for not telling her she had cancer!

...and it's the fundy's business because????

What a jerk.

P.S.  I hope the gal on chemo is doing OK.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
She needs to be bitch

She needs to be bitch slapped by a pimp I'd say!

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: P.S. I hope

Susan wrote:

P.S. I hope the gal on chemo is doing OK. 

This was several years ago. I havent' heard since, so I hope she's doing fine too. 

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation