best atheist band ever

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
best atheist band ever

for me, it's Slayer, hands down. but i'd love to hear other suggestions..

The Patrician
The Patrician's picture
User is offlineOffline
Are they atheist now? They

Are they atheist now? They were right into Satanism when I saw them back in 1986.

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
yeah, they were more

yeah, they were more anti-christian mock-satanists in the 80's and 90's, but they went full on atheist around 2001 or so.

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bad Religion, hands down.

CrazyRoper
CrazyRoper's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would say Tool, but Slayer

I would say Tool, but Slayer is definately up there.

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't know about the

I don't know about the other band members, but I know the lead singer for Muse be an atheist, and he says shit like this:

Quote:

Who is the coolest woman of all time?
Erm, probably Mary, the mother of Jesus, because she got pregnant and made everyone believe she was still a virgin. That's extremely cool.

Who will never be cool?
Probably God, mainly because Satan introduced rock'n'roll first. And all those cloaks and everything? Not a good look.

Even if they don't count, they still freaking rock IMO. :P 

-----------------------
I'll get back to you when I think of something worthwhile to say.

CrazyRoper
CrazyRoper's picture
User is offlineOffline
HealingBlight wrote: I

HealingBlight wrote:

I don't know about the other band members, but I know the lead singer for Muse be an atheist, and he says shit like this:

Quote:

Who is the coolest woman of all time?
Erm, probably Mary, the mother of Jesus, because she got pregnant and made everyone believe she was still a virgin. That's extremely cool.

Who will never be cool?
Probably God, mainly because Satan introduced rock'n'roll first. And all those cloaks and everything? Not a good look.

Even if they don't count, they still freaking rock IMO. Sticking out tongue

Oh yeah Muse.  Yeah Matt Bellamy is a badass singer/guitarist. 

"I, on the other hand, do not feel it necessary to construct a lofty meaning for myself. I prefer the style of the butterfly myself. I will eat what I want, flit about aimlessly, and enjoy the sunshine. Then, I will die. " - Nero, RRS Forum User

ispeakmetal
ispeakmetal's picture
User is offlineOffline
If you like metal, check out

If you like metal, check out Heaven Shall Burn. Even if you don't like the music, check out the lyrics. Some of them are really badass and anti-religious.

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm sorry to disagree. I say

I'm sorry to disagree. I say it's Muse! But from what I've heard they've never been that big in Yankerica.

Blackthorn
Blackthorn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sorry man but Slayer, or at

Sorry man but Slayer, or at least Tom Araya, is far from atheistic!  I recall an interview where he stated that he believed in a god that was all loving, and that he occasionally attended church.  I don't have the interview on hand, but I will look for it and post a link if I find it...

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
there's been rumors for many

there's been rumors for many years that tom is catholic, satanist, buddhist, you name it, all he's ever actually said is that he's agnostic. but if you read their lyrics for the last few albums, the general theme of the band is atheist, because the the two guys that write 99 percent of the lyrics, jeff and kerry, are definitely atheist.

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yellow_Number_Five

Yellow_Number_Five wrote:

Most definitely. 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I like Corporate Avenger -

I like Corporate Avenger - with songs like "The Bible is Bullshit" and "Jesus Christ Homosexual."

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Paranoia21
Paranoia21's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rise Against  Best band

Rise Against  Best band EVER.

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Don't forget Crass.  Check

Don't forget Crass.  Check out these lyrics :  http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/crass/asylum.html

If god takes life he's an indian giver

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
DEREK NEIBARGER! Actually,

DEREK NEIBARGER!

Actually, tool. They're amazing, and they're freethinking to the Nth degree.

To clarify, for Patrician and djneibarger, Satanist are almost always atheists. There is Anton LaVey's Church of Satan, which is atheistic and anti-theistic, essentially a worship of self, and theistic Satanism, which is worship of Satan. The former has far more members than the latter, and they're really fucking obnoxious little bastards, for the most part. I've met decent ones, but most are "rebel" teens who will hopefully grow up to not be complete dumbasses.

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
BenfromCanada wrote: DEREK

BenfromCanada wrote:

DEREK NEIBARGER!

you're too kind Smiling