Christian Propaganda

dead_again
Special AgentWebsite Admin
dead_again's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christian Propaganda

Just when I thought my parents had accepted and respected my decision to leave christianity my father pulled a propaganda stunt on me. Here is the contents of the email he sent:

Quote:

-----------------------------------------------------------
The Last Day
This is sobering!!!

Ten things god won't ask you on that day:

1. God won't ask you what kind of car you drove. He'll ask you how many people you drove who didn't have transportation

2. God won't ask the square footage of your house, he'll ask how many people you welcomed into your home.

3. God won't ask about the clothes you had in your closet, he'll ask you how many you helped clothe.

4. God won't ask what your highest salary was. He'll ask if you compromised your character to obtain it.

5. God won't ask what your job title was. He'll ask if you performed your job to the best of your ability.

6. God won't ask how many friends you had. He'll ask how many people to whom you were a friend.

7. God won't ask what neighborhood you lived in. He'll ask how you treated your neighbors.

8. God won't ask about the color of your skin, he'll ask about the content of your character.

9. God won't ask why it took so long to seek salvation. He'll lovingly take you to your mansion in heaven and not to the gates of hell.

10. God won't have to ask how many people you forwarded this to. He already knows your decision.

I received this from someone who thinks I am a keeper so I've sent it to the people I think of in the same way. now it's your turn to send this to people that are "keepers" in your life. Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them but you know they are always there. Keep them close.

I have been very nonchalant about religion with my parents. I have tried to keep the peace with them about it by just leaving the subject alone. I realize this is just a run of the mill email spewed out by the jesus juicers in hope that it will jerk at someone's brain and make them want to be a better person, but I don't think they would like it if I sent them a "10 things" list in return. It is good to want to be a better person but if it's done for the wrong reasons (IE fear of hell) then that person is just paying lip service to the nonexistant big daddy in the sky. Perhaps I should send them a "10 things" list. Maybe "10 reasons why religion is harmful" or "10 reasons I don't believe in god" or even "10 things I hate about god." Please post with ideas on how I should respond to this email and, if you have them, "10 things" lists that can be sent out to help christians realize what they are doing when they send out these god/jesus emails.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I hate getting those

I hate getting those bullshit emails.

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
joshpatten wrote: Please

joshpatten wrote:
Please post with ideas on how I should respond to this email and, if you have them, "10 things" lists that can be sent out to help christians realize what they are doing when they send out these god/jesus emails.
Ask him where does he get the idea that there is a god. Ask him what evidence does he have for a god. Then ask him how he knows what a god is going to ask or not ask. Then ask him if a god knows everything why would a god ask anybody anything.

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

RationalSchema
RationalSchema's picture
User is offlineOffline
Except for #9, none of those

Except for #9, none of those have anything to do with religion.

V1per41
V1per41's picture
User is offlineOffline
AiiA wrote: Ask him where

AiiA wrote:
Ask him where does he get the idea that there is a god. Ask him what evidence does he have for a god. Then ask him how he knows what a god is going to ask or not ask. Then ask him if a god knows everything why would a god ask anybody anything.

That is the greatest response I could ever think of!  I always find it amusing to hear the intellectual back flips that people try to do with these types of questions. 

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
And I got this

And I got this one:

Quote:

DID YOU KNOW? As you walk up the steps to the building which houses the U.S Supreme Court you can see near the top of the building a row of the world's law givers and each one is facing one in the middle who is facing forward with a full frontal view .. it is Moses and he is holding the Ten Commandments!

DID YOU KNOW?
As you enter the Supreme Court courtroom, the two huge oak doors have the Ten Commandments engraved on each lower portion of each door.
DID YOU KNOW?
As you sit inside the courtroom, you can see the wall,
right above where the Supreme Court judges sit,
a display of the Ten Commandments!

DID YOU KNOW?
There are Bible verses etched in stone all over the Federal Buildings and Monuments in Washington, D.C .

DID YOU KNOW?
Every session of Congress begins with a prayer by a paid preacher, whose salary has been paid by the taxpayer since 1789.
DID YOU KNOW?
Fifty-two of the 55 founders of the Constitution were members of the established orthodox churches in the colonies.
DID YOU KNOW?
Thomas Jefferson worried that the Courts would overstep their authority and instead of interpreting the law would begin making law, an oligarchy, and it

must stop.
the rule of few over many.
DID YOU KNOW?
The very first Supreme Court Justice, John Jay, said:
"Americans should select and prefer Christians as their rulers."

How, then, have we gotten to the point that everything we have done for 220 years in this country is now suddenly wrong and unconstitutional?

Lets put it around the world and let the world see an d remember what this great country was built on.

I was asked to send this on if I agreed or delete if I didn't. Now it is your turn...
It is said that 86% of Americans believe in God. Therefore, it is very hard to understand why there is such a mess about having the Ten Commandments on display or "In God We Trust" on our money and having God in the Pledge of Allegiance. Why don't we just tell the other 14% to Sit Down and SHUT UP!!!

If you agree, pass this on.

If not, just delete

I was simply shaking my head until I got to "Why don't we just tell the other 14% to Sit Down and SHUT UP!!!".... and then I got just plain angry.

I wrote a reply, but had to trash it due to some extremely foul language.  I wrote a second reply, but had to trash it because it not only contained foul language, but was truly insulting.  I wrote a third reply, but had to trash it because I was now worked into a complete frenzy and the language was getting bluer by the paragraph.

I finally just replied that as far as I knew, the First Amendment was still part of our constitution.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
What I do when I get these

What I do when I get these emails from friends/family/acquaintances is send them a reply asking for no further emails suggesting an invisible man is watching me every moment. A second offense gets a counter reply dictating in no uncertain terms how their god is pure bullshit and how it's invention has caused more problems than everything else put together. They don't like it, too bad. Should have kept their mouth shut when I asked them nicely.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I wish there was a site that

I wish there was a site that would have links debunking the more popular of these.