Maybe this is an oversimplification but I think it fits.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Maybe this is an oversimplification but I think it fits.

This was found on the net. I found it a little funny.

(edit - added description)

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Don't forget that he was

Don't forget that he was mystically born of a virgin who was magically pregnated by a metaphysical super-being.

mrjonno
User is offlineOffline
Yes its over simplified For

Yes its over simplified

For some christians you arent symbollically eating his flesh you really are eating his flesh (yummy cannabalism)

Also did the snake talk or was it telepathic? 

I really do dislike how some atheists misrepresent christian theology Smiling

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Christianity is so

Christianity is so irrational there is no way any sane person can believe in it the way the BuyBull actually presents it.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
mrjonno wrote: I really do

mrjonno wrote:

How should it represented? 

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle

MattShizzle wrote:

Christianity is so irrational there is no way any sane person can believe in it the way the BuyBull actually presents it.

Isn't that where faith comes in? After all, faith in the god of the Bible requires one to surrender one's reason. Isn't the surrender of reason insanity? 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
User is offlineOffline
We might regard it to be

We might regard it to be insanity, the problem is that most of the world is religious. Can they really be called insane? I would prefer the term mentally feeble to mentally ill in this case. I actually agree with the basis of this thread. I think Mrjonno is right about many things, especially on guns, but in this case there is no other way to describe Christian beliefs because let's face it, they're absolutely barmy!

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Jacob Cordingley wrote: We

Jacob Cordingley wrote:

We might regard it to be insanity, the problem is that most of the world is religious. Can they really be called insane? I would prefer the term mentally feeble to mentally ill in this case. I actually agree with the basis of this thread. I think Mrjonno is right about many things, especially on guns, but in this case there is no other way to describe Christian beliefs because let's face it, they're absolutely barmy!

I understand what you're saying but I'm not quite willing to accept crazy as the new sane because so many people are nutsy-cuckoo. Smiling

I don't really think it's a question of sanity/insanity or even mental feebleness/acuity. Christianity (conservative Christianity for sure - not that sure of "liberal" christianity) seems to be more willful ignorance than anything else. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

stillmatic
stillmatic's picture
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: mrjonno

BGH wrote:
mrjonno wrote:

It sounded like the condensed version to me.

"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." -- former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
mrjonno wrote: I really do

mrjonno wrote:

Christian theology is a misrepresentation in and of itself.  Atheists have nothing to do with it. 

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Evolution: the belif that a

Evolution: the belif that a clump of ammino acids somehow decided to reproduce, grow legs and sex organs have sex with themselves and eventually turned into everything from a cow to a Beetle. Makes perfect sense to me. >_>

I'm just appling oversimplification to evolution.

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
mrjonno wrote:

mrjonno wrote:
Also did the snake talk or was it telepathic?
Maybe the donkey and the snake should get together and talk it over.

lol

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle

MattShizzle wrote:

Ahhh but you forget the magic of compartmentalization. A theist can be sane and insane at the same time

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: mrjonno

BGH wrote:
mrjonno wrote:

this is close

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Evolution: the belif that a clump of ammino acids somehow decided to reproduce, grow legs and sex organs have sex with themselves and eventually turned into everything from a cow to a Beetle. Makes perfect sense to me. >_>

Oversimplification? Yes

Evolution? No 

— George Carlin

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Evolution: the belif that a clump of ammino acids somehow decided to reproduce, grow legs and sex organs have sex with themselves and eventually turned into everything from a cow to a Beetle. Makes perfect sense to me. >_>

Except you're misrepresenting it. You say "decided" when decision was not a factor. So your simplification isn't even accurate in it's basis, while the simplification about christianity merely leaves out some extra non-sensical information.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: Except

Vastet wrote:

Except you're misrepresenting it. You say "decided" when decision was not a factor. So your simplification isn't even accurate in it's basis, while the simplification about christianity merely leaves out some extra non-sensical information.

Evolution: the belif that a clump of ammino acids somehow RANDOMLY reproduced, grew legs and sex organs, had sex with themselves and eventually turned into everything from a cow to a Beetle. Makes perfect sense to me. >_>

How's that?

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Evolution: the belif that a clump of ammino acids somehow RANDOMLY reproduced, grew legs and sex organs, had sex with themselves and eventually turned into everything from a cow to a Beetle. Makes perfect sense to me. >_>

How's that?

I got one for god belief.

A bunch of scared cavemen make up stories about a magic daddy. The stories get passed down through generations, eventually get written down, then lead to George (Asshat) Bush using this book to get elected.

How was that? 

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Evolution: the belif that a clump of ammino acids somehow RANDOMLY reproduced, grew legs and sex organs, had sex with themselves and eventually turned into everything from a cow to a Beetle. Makes perfect sense to me. >_>

How's that?

Depends...

Are you ever going to describe evolution or are you going to stick to your strawman? 

— George Carlin

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: I got one for

BGH wrote:

A bunch of scared cavemen make up stories about a magic daddy. The stories get passed down through generations, eventually get written down, then lead to George (Asshat) Bush using this book to get elected.

How was that? 

W. or H.W Bush?

I got another one!

A group of people randomly decided to grab a cow's utter and drink whatever came out of it an now we have milk! 

This is fun!

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote: BGH

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

BGH wrote:

How was that?

W. or H.W Bush?

I got another one!

A group of people randomly decided to grab a cow's utter and drink whatever came out of it an now we have milk!

This is fun!

I dont think there is any argument against cows exiting, so there's no comparing cows or milk or people to something referred to as a god

False analogy. 

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
AiiA wrote:   I dont

AiiA wrote:

I dont think there is any argument against cows exiting, so there's no comparing cows or milk or people to something referred to as a god

False analogy. 

What do you mean cows exits? I never said cows exist. The government is now on it's way to your house for exposing their "no cows' conspiracy.

Another one!

There once was a man fron kentucket.

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think the Captain has been

I think the Captain has been joking you guys for the last 20-odd posts.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote: I think

deludedgod wrote:
I think the Captain has been joking you guys for the last 20-odd posts.

So do I, that is why I posted my last comment. LOL. 

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Intelligent design: An

Intelligent design: An omniscient, metaphysical super-being created the Earth in seven days. POOF! Just like that. It's also strange to note that his design looks exactly as if it evolved. Funny that.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
AiiA wrote: BGH

AiiA wrote:
BGH wrote:
mrjonno wrote:

this is close

I love it AiiA!!