Hello I'm new

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
Hello I'm new

You can find me on myspace: http://myspace.com/politicalhumanist

I am doing time for 2nd Degree Assault in Olympia, WA. What did I have fun doing for this crime? Beat the living shit out of a fundie muthafucka peckerwood bitch-ass Church of God member. Proud of it too!

applesforadam
User is offlineOffline
Hello I'm new

I'm not really sure how to handle people like you. Well, I take that back. Your beliefs are just as vile as any fundamentalist's who calls for violence against people of differring views. If you are posting here with the hopes of gaining the admiration of the members, you are sadly mistaken. My suggestion is to spend your time in the confines of the justice system educating yourself on human compassion instead of using flawed logic to justify hatred and violence against someone, regardless of the idiocy of their views.

"It's not so much staying alive. It's staying human that's important." - 1984
www.myspace.com/applesforadam
applesforadam.blogspot.com

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Re: Hello I'm new

AtheistConvictXIIISur13 wrote:

Finally ventured over from IG, eh PH? I imagine you'll see the same type of distaste for your hostility here as you do at IG, but that's never bothered you at all. Eye-wink

You probably should clue people in to more of the story or at least link a thread on IG where it's discussed. And, because I've been out of the loop for a few weeks... how's sobriety going?

Welcome aboard!

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:

Finally ventured over from IG, eh PH? I imagine you'll see the same type of distaste for your hostility here as you do at IG, but that's never bothered you at all. Eye-wink

You probably should clue people in to more of the story or at least link a thread on IG where it's discussed. And, because I've been out of the loop for a few weeks... how's sobriety going?

Welcome aboard!

Soberity? Only smoked 60.00 in crack, otherwise fine.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

Since 3 months ago when you quit, or since yesterday morning?

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:

Since 3 months ago when you quit, or since yesterday morning?

Can't say, not sure who might reading this forum. Eye-wink

GrimJesta
GrimJesta's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello I'm new

applesforadam wrote:
I'm not really sure how to handle people like you. Well, I take that back. Your beliefs are just as vile as any fundamentalist's who calls for violence against people of differring views. If you are posting here with the hopes of gaining the admiration of the members, you are sadly mistaken. My suggestion is to spend your time in the confines of the justice system educating yourself on human compassion instead of using flawed logic to justify hatred and violence against someone, regardless of the idiocy of their views.

Werd.

-=Grim=-

No Nyarlathotep, Know Peace.
Know Nyarlathotep, No Peace.

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
Hello I'm new

GrimJesta wrote:
applesforadam wrote:

Werd.

-=Grim=-

I agree. So my atheism is vile? Lol fucking funny clown. If I were him I would clown on somebody else.

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello I'm new

GrimJesta wrote:
applesforadam wrote:

Werd.

-=Grim=-

I agree. So my atheism is vile?.

Don't be so dishonest. He's clearly referring to your advocation for violence, and your pride over being violent, not the fact that you don't believe in a god.

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

GrimJesta
GrimJesta's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello I'm new

If the guy did something to warrant an ass-whipping, like threatened you or your own or threatened to damage your property, then amen. But you're making it sound like you kicked his ass just for being a Christian, which is rediculous.

-=Grim=-

applesforadam
User is offlineOffline
Hello I'm new

Agreed, and I appreciate having other rational minds able to defend my statement. There is a time and place where violence is necessary. However, this does not seem to be one, at least not in the way it was put by you. And as for saying ANYTHING about your beliefs as an atheist, I think you drew that out of a flawed conclusion you drew that atheists should for whetever reason be allowed to use violence at their whim against non-atheists. Like I said, flawed logic. And the name calling doesn't do much for your case either.

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
Hello I'm new

Yeah, the fight happened with my fundie stepdad hatin' on me, yelling, calling me a smart / dumb ass, idiot...

I smiled until he called me a dirty heathen atheist scum. And I snapped. He was out of work for 6 weeks, in the hospital for a week, and the only thing I used was my hand.

GrimJesta
GrimJesta's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello I'm new

applesforadam wrote:
And the name calling doesn't do much for your case either.

No, I'm definately a clown... :smt006

-=Grim=-

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Hello I'm new

applesforadam wrote:
There is a time and place where violence is necessary. However, this does not seem to be one...

For the record I agree with that statement. I was asked in email if my open arm welcoming of PH was advocacy of his actions, and it isn't. I'm still glad to see him here.

applesforadam
User is offlineOffline
Hello I'm new

ha, i guess we could petition to sapient and team for a name change to rational clown squad

applesforadam
User is offlineOffline
Hello I'm new

Sapient wrote:
For the record I agree with that statement. I was asked in email if my open arm welcoming of PH was advocacy of his actions, and it isn't. I'm still glad to see him here.

Oh yea, it would be supremely ignorant of me to deny his right to voice his opinions in any format anywhere. Any person who truly wishes for rational solutions can't alienate any person, regardless of their ideas. It just goes back to the basic premise that we should be dealing with ideas, not the people who hold them.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Hello I'm new

There's also a history that I've witnessed, PH goes way back in the community. I want good things for him and from him. I can relate in some ways, and our stories sometimes are very similar. It's not just about alienation. Eye-wink

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello I'm new

I've always liked you Politicalhumanist/AtheistConvictXIIISur13, you've got a great sense of humor and a sharp wit and often make great points - even more so when you're not on crack.

Anyway, I wish you the best as always.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello I'm new

And for the record I certainly don't condone or advocate what PH did to land in the clink either, but I must admit that I do understand it.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

applesforadam
User is offlineOffline
Hello I'm new

I completely understand the instinct to do what he did in that situation, but I just prefer to call a spade a spade, especially when there doesn't seem to be any remorse for the action other than for the fact that it landed him in jail. It is a good opportunity to experience the thought process involved in perpetrating such an action though, and his ideas help us understand how regardless of the side of the fence someone is on (theist/atheist), both sides are equally able to misconstrue a belief system to allow it to justify an act like this one.
I do hope for the best though, I just think remorse is a good first step.