SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline

BethG
BethG's picture
User is offlineOffline
homosexuality

Maybe you could touch on that humans are very sexual beings. We like sex [not just for procreation].

Also, it's quite evident that we are born gay, straight and everything in between. This makes in natural. Homosexuality is natural. Why would god make someone gay in the first place?

[I know this must sound really stupid. But it would be interesting to see how they (xtians) respond.]

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
homosexuality

To paraphrase Robert Ingersoll, If God objects to Homosexuals, he ought not have created such people.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

hungoverharry
User is offlineOffline
homosexuality

Honestly, id like to know why they, or god, care at all.

They obviously cannot pro-create just by definition of what they are in sexual orientation!

They are probably the only "enemy" that they have that has a possibilty of going away.

But I dont see homosexuality as a choice and some people do.

floatingegg
User is offlineOffline
homosexuality

I don't care if it's a choice or not. By definition, if it occurs in nature it's natural.

shorty
User is offlineOffline
homosexuality

floatingegg wrote:
I don't care if it's a choice or not. By definition, if it occurs in nature it's natural.
it does but theists would have you think differently

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

GrimJesta
GrimJesta's picture
User is offlineOffline
homosexuality

LOL! He said "Homosexuality does nothing to better humanity". Wow. Talk about a blanket statement. Here's some tips for the guy:

(1) Heterosexuals can also overbreed, which creates a population problem (which won't be rectified by some Jewish guy coming down from the sky to save everyone just when things hit the critical moment, so start worrying NOW!). So breeding, by definition, neither betters nor worsens society. It's how the child is raised, and homosexuals can make just as good or bad parents as anyone else. If anything, they help the overpopulation problem by not breeding and adopting unwanted children.

(2) A heterosexual also doesn't better humanity. Good people do, which defies sexual orientation.

(3) Love is love. It's no more or less real because someone is a homosexual.

(4) By this guy's definition, barren women and impotent men are also just as bad since they can't reproduce either. Sure, they might love oen another, and sure as shit could adopt, but according to this guy they still aren't up to par with them there heterosexuals breeding and breeding.

(5) He pulls in Evolution. Alright, then how does he not know for sure whether or not homosexuality naturally occurs as a safeguard against overpopulation as far as evolution is concerned? Who knows? It's natural, just like heterosexuality.

If I didn't already have my hands full with three forums I'd join that one just to point that guy at these five notions.

-=Grim=-

No Nyarlathotep, Know Peace.
Know Nyarlathotep, No Peace.

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline
homosexuality

GrimJesta wrote:
LOL! He said "Homosexuality does nothing to better humanity". Wow. Talk about a blanket statement. Here's some tips for the guy:

(1) Heterosexuals can also overbreed, which creates a population problem (which won't be rectified by some Jewish guy coming down from the sky to save everyone just when things hit the critical moment, so start worrying NOW!). So breeding, by definition, neither betters nor worsens society. It's how the child is raised, and homosexuals can make just as good or bad parents as anyone else. If anything, they help the overpopulation problem by not breeding and adopting unwanted children.

(2) A heterosexual also doesn't better humanity. Good people do, which defies sexual orientation.

(3) Love is love. It's no more or less real because someone is a homosexual.

(4) By this guy's definition, barren women and impotent men are also just as bad since they can't reproduce either. Sure, they might love oen another, and sure as shit could adopt, but according to this guy they still aren't up to par with them there heterosexuals breeding and breeding.

(5) He pulls in Evolution. Alright, then how does he not know for sure whether or not homosexuality naturally occurs as a safeguard against overpopulation as far as evolution is concerned? Who knows? It's natural, just like heterosexuality.

If I didn't already have my hands full with three forums I'd join that one just to point that guy at these five notions.

-=Grim=-

I wouldlike to use these five points with your permission.

A MESSAGE TO ALL THEISTS:

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

BUT IN THE NAME OF NOTHING GET OVER IT.

GrimJesta
GrimJesta's picture
User is offlineOffline
homosexuality

Go for it. That's why I posted them. I'm no anthropologist though, so maybe they're not logically sound. But they're the one's I stick to when this topic comes up. Anything I ever post to these boards you're free to use, since that's what rational free-thinking is about: a sharing of knowledge, eh?

-=Grim=-

commiebastard
User is offlineOffline
homosexuality

The easiest way to deconstruct a theologically inspired homophobic stance is to first point out that no one actually follows all of the tenants of the Bible (to prove this, ask how many disobediant children the Xtian has murdered. If he says none, he is disobeying God, according to Deuteronomy 21: 18-21) Once it has been established that the person only follows the portions of the Bible he finds convenient to do so, then it has been logically established that the man does not hate gays because of his religion, he hates gays because he is a small minded, knuckle dragging mouth breathing prick who discriminates against any group his infantile consciousness is not familiar with. Thus the debate is not about religious conviction, it is about prejudice and blanketed hatred against a social demographic.

RELIGION, n.
A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable.

BethG
BethG's picture
User is offlineOffline
homosexuality

On another board I'm a member of, someone stated that she thinks homosexuality evolved to control over-population. I'm not so sure I agree with that statement. But it's a point that you could make while arguing xtians. Of course, they probably don't accept the theory of evolution either.

martini
User is offlineOffline
homosexuality

i found a rather informative thread on this at iidb here:
http://www.iidb.org/vbb/archive/index.php/t-141455.html

it appears that mistranslation or open interpretation is a big part of the anti-homosexual position in Xianity. eg, the homosexual reference in 1 Cor and 1 Tim are -- literally -- "sex-men" and not the same term as used in Romans 1. why would Paul do that unless he meant two different things?

when confronted with the original language, things get quite a bit hazy; far moreso than the average Xian is willing to admit -- or even have knowledge of!

also, check out wiki for homosexuality in other animals:
List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

why would Yahweh make other animals "sin"? does The Adversary cause gay bottlenose dolphins?! bisexual bonobos?! this is nonsense.

i hope that helps.

peace,

mike

GrimJesta
GrimJesta's picture
User is offlineOffline
homosexuality

Quote:
Was it his duty, or his choice? He had already spoken to the rulers about betraying Christ. Christ didn't command Judas to do it, but told him to quickly do what he was going to do. Even after the fact, Judas had a choice. Peter betrayed Christ three times that same night, but made a far different choice. You always have a choice.
D.

Did they somehow miss your mention of "Where the fuck is free-will if God knows every outcome, so therefore God makes you knowing you'll burn" hinting?

Judas: no choice.
Peter: No choice.
All of us: No choice.

God already knows our outcomes. He knows our choices already. he makes us knowing which ones will fail no matter what we do, so God is a vindictive prick with a mean streak the size of the solar system.

-=Grim=-

qwak
User is offlineOffline
homosexuality

I heard god is up for biggest douche in the universe this year.

speaking of overpopulation, I think we should start neutering the theists, they have too many damn kids.

wait till marriage to have sex and next thing you know they're multiplying like rabbits. it's like not letting a kid drink till he's 21, no sense of responsibility when it comes to pleasure.

music

http//www.myspace.com/antiqwak

Jesterspace
Jesterspace's picture
User is offlineOffline
homosexuality

To colege students (who are usually gelling their beliefs, and therefore are usually able to be deprogrammed) I whip out a bit of 'Appeal th their base natures.

"I look at it this way.. two men decide to hook up, great! More women for me! And *I* lile (forgive my vulgarity here) licking pussy. Can't really fault a lesbian for liking what I like.."

"Imperious, choleric, irascible, extreme in everything, with a dissolute imagination the like of which has never been seen, atheistic to the point of fanaticism, there you have me in a nutshell.... Kill me again or take me as I am, for I shall not change.

the_avenging_bucket
the_avenging_bucket's picture
User is offlineOffline
homosexuality

Jesterspace wrote:

"I look at it this way.. two men decide to hook up, great! More women for me! And *I* lile (forgive my vulgarity here) licking pussy. Can't really fault a lesbian for liking what I like.."

I think i'm just a Lesbian trapped in a man's body Sad

I can't think of a rational reason why there is anything wrong with homosexuality... therefore, christianity is irrational if it says there is something morally wrong with it...

Jesterspace
Jesterspace's picture
User is offlineOffline
homosexuality

the_avenging_bucket wrote:
I can't think of a rational reason why there is anything wrong with homosexuality... therefore, christianity is irrational if it says there is something morally wrong with it...

OK.. see, that's the problem.. you're looking for a rational reason behind worshipping ANY of the Desert gods. The last really rational thing any of them really did was the whole 'Don't eat pork' thing because they didn't know how to cook it yet. Laughing out loud

"Imperious, choleric, irascible, extreme in everything, with a dissolute imagination the like of which has never been seen, atheistic to the point of fanaticism, there you have me in a nutshell.... Kill me again or take me as I am, for I shall not change.

GrimJesta
GrimJesta's picture
User is offlineOffline
homosexuality

Jesterspace wrote:

The last really rational thing any of them really did was the whole 'Don't eat pork' thing because they didn't know how to cook it yet. :D

Yea but there was also that one time that... uh... hell, ok. Ya got me. We're talking about the people that came up with the idea of a "Just War" afterall...

-=Grim=-