RRS in Jesus and Mo

SvZurich
SvZurich's picture
User is offlineOffline
RRS in Jesus and Mo

Check out what I just found. Laughing out loud http://www.jesusandmo.net/2007/01/09/video/#comment-20707 I went ahead and plugged your store on it.

Kimmie, pleased to find a mention of the Blasphemy Challenge in a web comic that mocks Jesus and Mohammed.  Now if only this text window for this site would work under Firefox.  I hate having to use IE just to post here, and knowing the site is supposed to work better under Firefox. The window is grayed out in Firefox on my system

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Have you tried changing

Have you tried changing your theme configuration?

click on your name, go to edit profile, change theme configuration by clicking the button next to the chosen one and then click submit. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

SvZurich
SvZurich's picture
User is offlineOffline
Josh, thank you for your

Josh, thank you for your suggestion.  I played with all 3 themes without success.  When the page first comes up with the comment box for replies and posts, it is normal and will accept text.  As soon as the page finishes loading, the fancy option box replaces it and is grayed out.  I can resize, select different format/fonts/size, and click the buttons.  I cannot actually type in the box with my Firefox 1.5x.  I think it is some weird bug, but can't find an option to fix it.

In order to post here, I have to copy the url from Firefox, fire up IE6 (I have come to loathe MS products), paste it into IE, and then can post.  This is one of only 2 sites that I have experienced this quirk with.

In IE, this fancy text comment box pops up but I can still type in it.  Only in Firefox does it come up as grayed out in the text entry.  I have no idea why it does that, and doubt that it is related to Spybot or AdAware.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
SvZurich wrote:

SvZurich wrote:
Josh, thank you for your suggestion. I played with all 3 themes without success. When the page first comes up with the comment box for replies and posts, it is normal and will accept text. As soon as the page finishes loading, the fancy option box replaces it and is grayed out. I can resize, select different format/fonts/size, and click the buttons. I cannot actually type in the box with my Firefox 1.5x. I think it is some weird bug, but can't find an option to fix it.

Upgrade firefox. I believe most of this editing box is powered by Java, and the java in older versions of firefox is a tad dodgy. They've improved it a lot in the later 1.5.x versions and 2.x versions.

I haven't had any issues with any of the themes, I only use firefox. Your problem does sound very similar to things I had with earlier versions though.  Plus there's a lot of high-exploited flaws in older versions of firefox.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

SvZurich
SvZurich's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am using FireFox 1.5.0.11

I am using FireFox 1.5.0.11 which is the later 1.5x release. I am wondering if I should just install the latest Java VM. As for FireFox 2, I installed that on my mom's machine, but I hate how it handles the close tab button. Is there a way to make it more like the close tab button in FireFox 1.5x?  I rather like having one close button on the far right, and not on each individual tab.

I already downloaded all of the XPI files I would need to install in FF2, I just dread change when my system is otherwise working well.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yep, upgrading the VM

Yep, upgrading the VM directly from sun is another good option.

SvZurich
SvZurich's picture
User is offlineOffline
Still no luck. Upgraded to

Still no luck. Upgraded to the latest version of Firefox and Java VM, and the text "widget" still blanks out on Firefox for me. The buttons can be pressed, there is no effect, and text cannot be entered in the grayed out box.

I guess I will just have to continue using IE for this site and a few others, and Firefox for everything else.  Odd, this site is Firefox friendly for all but myself.  Laughing out loud

Kimmie, who learned the About:Config option to change the tab close button back to Firefox 1.5's behavious of one red X to rule them all.