a quick question

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
a quick question

why was my "theist" user title deleted?  is it because of the thread where i said that i wouldn't be surprised if my path one day led to agnosticism or atheism?  just an f.y.i., i'm still very much a theist, and very much a christian.  if this is some sort of subversive victory dance, i just wanted to let you know that you haven't converted me to atheism.  i've been having such doubts since long before i ever posted on any message boards, let alone this one. 

please, put the user title back.  i wore it with pride, and i feel naked now that it's gone.   

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
I guess the whole idea has

I guess the whole idea has been dropped.

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
jmm wrote: please, put the

jmm wrote:

please, put the user title back.  i wore it with pride, and i feel naked now that it's gone.   

LOL! 

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
jmm wrote: please, put the

jmm wrote:
please, put the user title back. i wore it with pride, and i feel naked now that it's gone.
Pride? You should be embarrassed.

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
We haven't ditched the

We haven't ditched the labelling system. I can't think of a reason why your label will be dropped, as the mods tend to be consulted before something like that takes place.

if this is some sort of subversive victory dance, i just wanted to let you know that you haven't converted me to atheism.

LOL. Don't worry. If we think someone is "deconverted" the mods are consulted. If we thought that you have become an atheist, you would be wearing the "Deconverted on RRS" label.

I'l look into this. 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
aaah, that's better.  thank

aaah, that's better.  thank you very much.

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
AiiA wrote: jmm

AiiA wrote:
jmm wrote:
please, put the user title back. i wore it with pride, and i feel naked now that it's gone.
Pride? You should be embarrassed.

oh, damn!  you got me.  never thought of it that way before.  

!!! 

GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm glad someone actually

I'm glad someone actually likes the badge!!!!! There's been controversy, so I'm glad you like it..... But you definately should be embarrassed for having it. Wink *teehee*

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
GlamourKat wrote: I'm glad

GlamourKat wrote:
I'm glad someone actually likes the badge!!!!! There's been controversy, so I'm glad you like it..... But you definately should be embarrassed for having it. Wink *teehee*

Tongue out