Let's celebrate Jesus' death

David Mills
High Level Donor
David Mills's picture
User is offlineOffline
Let's celebrate Jesus' death

Today (Friday) is Good Friday. This is the day when we're supposed to pause and give reflection upon Jesus' death. Personally, I don't believe that such a person ever existed, much less that he performed miracles or rose from the dead. However, let's definitely take a moment on this day to celebrate the death of Jesus, if only as metaphor.

Good Friday is the greatest day of the year, because we celebrate Jesus' death!!!

David Mills

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Who?

Who?

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Amen! When Jesus finally

Amen!

When Jesus finally dies, along with Allah and Yahweh, we'll live on a much better planet. 

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

ImmaculateDeception
ImmaculateDeception's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jesus? You mean this guy,

Jesus? You mean this guy, right?

Man...Jesus kind of creeps me out...

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Go out with 12 of your

Round up twelve of your closest friends, and party like it's the last night of your life!

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
When someone dies, it's a

When someone dies, it's a sad and depressing loss.

but when Jesus dies, we celebrate!! 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I've always had a joke they

I've always had a joke they should call it "Bad Friday" - I mean, they believe that that is the day that their God and savior was tortured to death - how exactly is that "good?"

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Malice
Malice's picture
User is offlineOffline
everyone should order a

everyone should order a steak instead of doing the relfection time thing Sticking out tongue i know i did at dinner tongiht and got disgusted looks from my grandma , who after ig ot severed my meat gave the waitress a lecture to waitress that since is good friday they shouldnt be able to sell REd meat Sticking out tongue

Also of subject but irhgt now i am stuck in my house with family who are all watching the passion of christ as a form of relfetion and i just noticed right before the like lay into jesus with those whips and sticks of thiers it looked like the beggining of a really really bad bondage film

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
gory beee ta

gory beee ta geeeeeeeeeeezuzzzzzzz (in a deep southern accent)

all men

(its a pun)

gory? Eye-wink

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Is there any doubt that

Is there any doubt that dumbass movie would have been rated NC-17 if it was anyone else being tortured? I also don't believe Jesus ever was an actual person due to there being no actual evidence and how ripped off from other myths the Jesus story is.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Malice
Malice's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: Is there

MattShizzle wrote:
Is there any doubt that dumbass movie would have been rated NC-17 if it was anyone else being tortured? I also don't believe Jesus ever was an actual person due to there being no actual evidence and how ripped off from other myths the Jesus story is.

in aussie its 18 + in the movies but they put it on tv and took out some of gore and slapped an AV 15+ *adult violance* rating on it.

Thandarr
User is offlineOffline
Don't get too excited

In a couple of days they'll say he's back.

It is an eternal cycle.  Jesus is crucified on Good Friday, but walks out of the tomb on Easter Sunday.

And if he sees his shadow, we have six more weeks of winter.

Thandarr

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thandarr wrote: In a

Thandarr wrote:

In a couple of days they'll say he's back.

It is an eternal cycle. Jesus is crucified on Good Friday, but walks out of the tomb on Easter Sunday.

And if he sees his shadow, we have six more weeks of winter.

Thandarr

Bwahahahahahahahaha!  

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: I've

MattShizzle wrote:
I've always had a joke they should call it "Bad Friday" - I mean, they believe that that is the day that their God and savior was tortured to death - how exactly is that "good?"

Because through his death he opened the gates to heaven.  Why the all-knowing all-loving all-powerful god had to go through this song and dance routine is beyond me.

Malice wrote:

in aussie its 18 + in the movies but they put it on tv and took out some of gore and slapped an AV 15+ *adult violance* rating on it.

Wahey!  Another Australian!  Check out  this thread

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

Connor
Connor's picture
User is offlineOffline
ImmaculateDeception

ImmaculateDeception wrote:

Just don't piss Jesus off...

Connor
Connor's picture
User is offlineOffline
ImmaculateDeception

Oops, double post.

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Connor wrote:

Connor wrote:

I've soiled my armour!

ImmaculateDeception
User is offlineOffline
Connor

Connor wrote:
ImmaculateDeception wrote:

Just don't piss Jesus off...

Well, guess I know what will be in my nightmares tonight. 

Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Malice wrote: everyone

Malice wrote:

everyone should order a steak instead of doing the relfection time thing Sticking out tongue i know i did at dinner tongiht and got disgusted looks from my grandma , who after i got served my meat gave the waitress a lecture to waitress that since is good friday they shouldnt be able to sell REd meat :P

It mystifies me why your grandmother would think the server is in charge of the kitchen and menu.   If she had that big of a problem with it, she should have ranted at the person in charge of that kind of thing.

Malice wrote:
Also of subject but irhgt now i am stuck in my house with family who are all watching the passion of christ as a form of relfetion and i just noticed right before the like lay into jesus with those whips and sticks of thiers it looked like the beggining of a really really bad bondage film

Too bad your family can't have a double feature.  The Passion of the Christ is pwnd in The God Who Wasn't There (with quite a few clips of the gory parts)! 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Malice
Malice's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: Malice

Susan wrote:
Malice wrote:

everyone should order a steak instead of doing the relfection time thing Sticking out tongue i know i did at dinner tongiht and got disgusted looks from my grandma , who after i got served my meat gave the waitress a lecture to waitress that since is good friday they shouldnt be able to sell REd meat :P

It mystifies me why your grandmother would think the server is in charge of the kitchen and menu.   If she had that big of a problem with it, she should have ranted at the person in charge of that kind of thing.

Malice wrote:

Too bad your family can't have a double feature.  The Passion of the Christ is pwnd in The God Who Wasn't There (with quite a few clips of the gory parts)! 

lol what i would of given to be able to have that movie played  aswell , i dont think its availble here in aussie thogh cause i went looking for it and i cant find it anywhere

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Malice wrote: lol what i

Malice wrote:

lol what i would of given to be able to have that movie played aswell , i dont think its availble here in aussie thogh cause i went looking for it and i cant find it anywhere

You can purchase it from right here on the RRS site.  Note the link "God Movie" at the very top of the page, between "Link to Us" and "Chat Room".

Malice
Malice's picture
User is offlineOffline
i was thinkhing about doing

i was thinkhing about doing that but my only concern thier is becuase i live in aussie , american dvds wont work on dvd player becuase of the coding on them

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Malice wrote: MattShizzle

Malice wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:

Yeah, but Australia is also the only country in the world, to my knowledge, with even stricter censors than the US. I'm surprised it wasn't banned outright.

And yeah, you can't get a North America DVD to work on Australian DVD players. Thank the gaming gods for Blu-Ray and HD-DVD. No more region coding!

Or is it just blu-ray? I forget. Sigh.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Malice
Malice's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: Malice

Vastet wrote:
Malice wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:

Yeah, but Australia is also the only country in the world, to my knowledge, with even stricter censors than the US. I'm surprised it wasn't banned outright. And yeah, you can't get a North America DVD to work on Australian DVD players. Thank the gaming gods for Blu-Ray and HD-DVD. No more region coding! Or is it just blu-ray? I forget. Sigh.

i have to agree with the censor ship thing, the took out a few scenes from the heroes tv show casue it was to graphic or something, to bad those scenes explaind how someones powers worked,

i have a feeling that the cheap dvd players here read any dvd regradless of code but i dont have the money to really gamble that fact

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm admittedly not an expert

I'm admittedly not an expert on region coding(though I know it exists, which is more than most non-gamers on this continent can say), but I would severely doubt that a cheap player would be capable of ignoring region coding. What works on one player literally can't on another, from my understanding.

Malice
Malice's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: I'm

Vastet wrote:
I'm admittedly not an expert on region coding(though I know it exists, which is more than most non-gamers on this continent can say), but I would severely doubt that a cheap player would be capable of ignoring region coding. What works on one player literally can't on another, from my understanding.

my friend got the invader zim dvds adn their frmo america and they on his dvd player whihc he got from like  a cheapo store , but the dvds dont work my dvd player which is from a proper electrical store 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Interesting. Of course, most

Interesting. Of course, most of my experience with region coding has to do with platform games. DVD players are a lot less specific in their components than a Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft system.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I had steak on Good Friday!

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: I had

MattShizzle wrote:

Did you nail it to a cross so it can cook in the sun?

You could have also checked how done it was by poking it with a spear.

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
It was medium rare. Don't

It was medium rare. Don't own a spear but it was poked by a cooking fork.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Malice wrote: i was

Malice wrote:
i was thinkhing about doing that but my only concern thier is becuase i live in aussie , american dvds wont work on dvd player becuase of the coding on them

Malice, you can see The God Who Wasn't There on Easter Sunday.  Info was posted here.  

ImmaculateDeception
User is offlineOffline
While I would like to say

While I would like to say that glamourkat and I did not have steak on good friday, we did have steak today at a barbeque. I guess today is....good saturday? Whatever, that steak was good.

Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why is it that when some

Why is it that when some religions claim to raise the dead (such as voudoun) christians throw a fit about it being "blasphemy" and/or "witchcraft" but when Jesus raises Lazarus or himself, it's the greatest miracle ever?

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
BenfromCanada wrote: Why is

BenfromCanada wrote:
Why is it that when some religions claim to raise the dead (such as voudoun) christians throw a fit about it being "blasphemy" and/or "witchcraft" but when Jesus raises Lazarus or himself, it's the greatest miracle ever?

For the same reason religions have "prophets" and everyone else has fortune tellers and psychics.  I know that catholics do not recognize fortune tellers and psychics other than perhaps they are possessed, talking to evil spirits or con men. 

Hence, at least for catholics, a prediction doesn't count unless you're a priest. 

willthescaryatheist
User is offlineOffline
lol if i wasnt vegan id

lol if i wasnt vegan id definitely do that