Take over the churches, feed the poor then shut the churches down.

evogate
evogate's picture
User is offlineOffline
Take over the churches, feed the poor then shut the churches down.

Heya!

In my home area back in oz, every small town has a few churches, probably 1 church for every 500 people, but no1 goes to any of these churches. I've never seen a person go to them, or the doors ever open.

in england I've seen some really old people occasionally go to chuches.

how's this for an extreme hypothetical, join the churches be its only members, then sell the churches and use the funds to help out our brothers in central africa.

the catholic church is the largest owner of land in the world (second place is mcdonalds) they own churches everywhere when ya combine the land plus there convents there is millions of acres they own, they are officially the biggest owner of land in the world yet they still ask for more money!! LOL.

now back home in Oz there is a zillion diff churches and no1 uses any of them, they are a waste of space and look really ugly, I don't mind the real fancy stone churches in england, they'll 1 day make good night clubs or good museums or both.

I don't expect anyone to take up my idea litterally but  its worth a thought of how funny it would be to become a member of a local church, be the only members have about 20 of ya's then write to the head of the chuch (what ever church org it is) and request that it could be used for better use of helping the human race, by shutting it down selling it and funding something worth while.

then all the atheist members of that church move on to another church down the road, take over it, sell it off and donate the funds to medical research or what ever.

this would be very funny. 

imagine how evil we would be in the eyes of the nutters 

Rev0lver
User is offlineOffline
there aren't exactly any

there aren't exactly any empty churches around where i live, minus the scientology one a couple miles away

evogate
evogate's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rev0lver wrote: there

Rev0lver wrote:
there aren't exactly any empty churches around where i live, minus the scientology one a couple miles away

w0w where is this backwards place you live?

and what is the climate there like?

could it be the climate in australia changes it ?

like for example once cars came in people started driving to the beach on sundays?

I always thought it was TV that killed religion in modernised countrys 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
You obviously don't have

You obviously don't have access to much in the way of American media. Sticking out tongue

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.