OMFG Bless you!

healthy.addictions
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
OMFG Bless you!

So does anyone have any good replacement to use for the 'G' in OMFG? I in the past have used 'D' for Darwin, and have heard RiverRun use 'Z' for Zeus... any other ideas?

It doesn't just have to be OMG - what about other things people typically say like 'Bless you' when you sneeze, 'I'm counting my blessings', or even 'God damnit.'?

Hmm... well... gimme some ideas people! I quite frankly am tired of people saying 'You just said God! See so you do believe in God! If you don't believe in God you can't say God!' Undecided Ignorance...

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I just use "S" for

I just use "S" for shit.

OMFS! 

Conn_in_Brooklyn
Conn_in_Brooklyn's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've trained myself to say,

I've trained myself to say, goodness, golly or gosh.  I'm surprised that even in times of surpirse ... or extreme, you know, pleasure, I've successfully said gosh, golly or goodness instead of that other g-word.

And, also, when I thank goodness, I really mean it.  It's not just a replacement - it is actually a bit more meaningful than that.

I'm off myspace.com so you can only find me here: http://geoffreymgolia.blogspot.com

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
I just replace god with

I just replace god with Thoth sometimes.

Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Common phrases imported

Common phrases imported from religion (heavily bastardized version):

- "Oh my God!" (when meaning surprise) = "Unholy mackrel!" (obviously, not related to the Christian fish)

- "Bless you!" (when someone sneezes) = "Gesundheit" (German for health, in public cases), or "Curse you!" (between friends)

- "God bless!" (as starting a toast) = "Sante!" (hard accent on "e" - French for "good health" - in public cases) or "Last one to dry up is a <random insulting object>!" (between friends)

- "Goddammit!" = "Crap!" (that's what I generally use... it's more polite, it's not that resounding, and, most of all, it has no "God" to start it) or "S***!" (otherwise)

- "Jesus Christ!" (when meaning extreme surprise or amazement) = "Einstein's ghost!" (if you are Scottish or your name is Scott) or "Great Scott!" (otherwise)

- "What in the name of God ... ?" (amazement at someone's (usually stupid) endeavour) - "What on Earth ... ?" (in public) or "What the f*** ... ?" (otherwise)

Please notify if I have left one out (note: I have no idea what "I'm counting my blessings" means - seems to be a phrase with meaning in English only - I'm not a native speaker).

So there you have them. Easy to spell, easy to pronounce (usually), easy to remember.

Inquisition - "The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on..."
http://rigoromortis.blogspot.com/

Nazookie
User is offlineOffline
I don't know about

I don't know about everyone... But I have already got a answer from this from the one and only... Jake Shocked

Basically I replaced everything "God" with "Jake"

"Oh My Jake"

"Oh My fucking Jake"

On the other stuff like "What in gods name" = "What on earth?"

It catches on very fast too.. I have about 8 of my friends saying "OH MY JAKE" now. XD

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
my wife says "Bob Jam It!"

my wife says "Bob Jam It!" instead of "godamnit"

I'm not sure why, but it's kind of cute.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
When a close friend who

When a close friend who understands me sneezes I say "fuck off", but that is only for people who get it. Otherwise I say, "don't do that in my direction". LOL. I guess I use "Gesundheit" also from time to time.

When somenone says "god bless you" to me, which is usually people I work with, I say "Who?".  

ImmaculateDeception
ImmaculateDeception's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here's a nice alternative

Here's a nice alternative for you: OMFH. Naturally, the H stands for the next best thing to a god: Hendrix.

Quote:
When somenone says "god bless you" to me, which is usually people I work with, I say "Who?".

I usually say "Don't use that language on me!".

Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
ImmaculateDeception

ImmaculateDeception wrote:

Naturally, the H stands for the next best thing to a god: Hendrix.

*Was hoping for Clapton.* 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ophios

Ophios wrote:
ImmaculateDeception wrote:

Naturally, the H stands for the next best thing to a god: Hendrix.

*Was hoping for Clapton.*

That reminds me of "That 70's Show"!!!!!

Right at the end of this clip Foreman and Hyde draw Jesus.... Hilarity ensues.

Anyway, I usually say "Gesundheit", "Thank goodness", and some variant on sex or bodily functions in regard to profanity. I still use OMFG though. The OMFZ would be cool except it'd interfere with my use of ZOMG.

ZOMZ?  Hmmm...

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I remember using s for stars

I remember using s for stars every now and then. But in a game or two it became too annoying to keep having to tell people over and over what it was that I stopped using oms. I did use the actual omg for awhile as a simple expression(I use hell too, so what?), but too many theists assumed I was a theist when I did, so I stopped. Now I just avoid the term.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
This sort of thing was asked

This sort of thing was asked on another site a long time ago. What made me laugh was the idea to say "fuck you" when someone sneezes!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: This

MattShizzle wrote:
This sort of thing was asked on another site a long time ago. What made me laugh was the idea to say "fuck you" when someone sneezes!

The phrase i not very original but I swear my friends and I laugh every time it happens. 

Lee Vegas
Lee Vegas's picture
User is offlineOffline
I can't remember who it is

I can't remember who it is who uses "Sweet Zombie Jesus!" Its likely someone from here or IIDB.

Made ma laugh.

LV

"The time appears to me to have come when it is the duty of all to make their dissent from religion known."
- John Stuart Mill

http://theistsanonymous.blogspot.com/