FOX News Promo: "America has problems..."

Cuitarded
User is offlineOffline
FOX News Promo: "America has problems..."

I was flipping through TV the other night when I came upon an promo for FOX News.

The words

"America has problems"

appeared with images of soldiers and whatnot underneath.

After a few seconds, in big bold letters, came

"America is not the problem"

I can understand where they are coming from, but does anyone else besides myself find that to be kind of a stupid and arrogant claim?  I know I may be preaching to the crowd here but I was wondering what other people thought about that...

It seems to me like its a big "Fuck You" to those in the country that tend to lean left... 

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cuitarded wrote:   I can

Cuitarded wrote:

I can understand where they are coming from, but does anyone else besides myself find that to be kind of a stupid and arrogant claim?

Yes. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cuitarded wrote: I was

Cuitarded wrote:

I was flipping through TV the other night when I came upon an promo for FOX News.

The words

"America has problems"

appeared with images of soldiers and whatnot underneath.

After a few seconds, in big bold letters, came

"America is not the problem"

I can understand where they are coming from, but does anyone else besides myself find that to be kind of a stupid and arrogant claim? I know I may be preaching to the crowd here but I was wondering what other people thought about that...

It seems to me like its a big "Fuck You" to those in the country that tend to lean left...

The wonderfull thing about America is the Constitution that allows all citizens and media to express themselves. But the thing that is distroying our freedoms is not capitalism, or conservitives or liberals. The think that is distroying our country is the focus on ideological pride and a loss of individuality combined with a lack of focus on pragmatic issues.

We are so wrapped up in every class defending our own rather than recognizing that WE can put our heads toghether in problem solving without demanding goverment be our nipple.

"Us vs Them" is what Dems and Repubs want. "We the people" can cut the waste by helping each other outside goverment as much as possible. We can protect our privacy by not insisting that goverment be our moral compass based on sectarian view, left or right.

The bottem line is that our politicians are part of the short term McDonnalds media age where sound bites and power jockying only serve those who buy the office.

We can have a "can do" attitude without the "my way or the highway" forced on us by money mongering politicians on the left or right. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Cuitarded
User is offlineOffline
Good points.    I didn't

Good points. 

I didn't mean to turn my thoughts on the ad into a "left vs right, red vs. blue" issue.  However I think your last sentence,

We can have a "can do" attitude without the "my way or the highway" forced on us by money mongering politicians on the left or right.

sums up my thoughts quite nicely.