I guess this is the place to introduce myself

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
I guess this is the place to introduce myself

Hi.
My name's Chris and I live in a very small town in West Virginia. I am one of a handful of openly Atheist people in town. It's kind of dangerous in this town to be a non christian, let alone an Atheist. I'm currently trying to organize the local Atheists. I came to RRS from a link on Greydon Square's website, and I am really impressed with what I've been reading.

I am, by no means, an expert on religion, so I've come here to learn, and from the looks of things I've got my hands full. This place is bubbling over with information. I was a bit worried that things here would be one sided, but it's nice to see some people of faith here giving their point of view.

Thanks.

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the board, Chris!

Welcome to the board, Chris! Smile

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello

Welcome, welcome.

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Hello mindspread, I joined

Hello mindspread,

I joined back in August 06 and I can tell you that this site has really helped me in debating.  I used to just tell xtains to "prove it" but now I can ask them thought-provoking questions.  At the very least it is good to strengthen your own knowledge of the different religions. I know what you are talking about living in Virginia.  My parents-in-law used to live there and we visited them.  It felt like a time-warp, basically---backwards.  

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Chris.  Welcome to the

Hi Chris.  Welcome to the RRS!

You're SO right about this site bubbling over with information ~ and what a great way to describe it, too!

We have such a great group of people here with diverse viewpoints on everything from (the expected) theism to music and movies.

Be sure to check out the shows and chat room, too.  (link on left side of page) 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Connor
Connor's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey Chris, I love your

Hey Chris, I love your tattoo!

So long and thanks for all the fish!

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for the warm welcome

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

You think my tattoo is cool, Connor? How about the fact that my four year old daughter's name is Trillian? Smiling

TheGrapeOfWrath
User is offlineOffline
Welcome

I'm pretty new here too. I now live in a town of approx 400 people in Oklahoma. I was raised in Oklahoma City and recently lived in Phoenix so I'm still adapting. The town has four churches and no grocery store. So doing a little Okie logic that tells me that people around here are at least four times more likely to want god than food.

Check out my post on the warm and fuzzy Alaskan that wants all Christians thrown out of the country.

Feel free to stop by my MySpace

www.myspace.com/grapeofwrath

Peace,

TheGrapeOfWrath