www.thetruthforyouth.com

Topher
Topher's picture
User is offlineOffline
www.thetruthforyouth.com

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring" -- Carl Sagan

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Holy crap, that is some

Holy crap, that is some twisted shit!!

Chaz Fox
Chaz Fox's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ugh, they have some comic

Ugh, they have some comic about homosexuality making it as if it were a curse you have to free yourself of. "To free yourself from homosexuality go to..." at the bottom of the last page. I don't want to free myself from being bi. Being bi is the most freedom you could ever have XD

'I reject your reality and substitute my own!'
Adam Savage, Mythbusters.

zntneo
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I'm curious Chaz. Did you

I'm curious Chaz. Did you hear (this could of been totally made up) that the christians did a study and there is no such thing as being bi? I'm curious to your thoughts abot this. Always wanted to ask someone who is bi. I hope you don't mind.

cannibal213
cannibal213's picture
User is offlineOffline
The comics were pretty funny

The comics were pretty funny to read, but also scary because the writers aren't joking. This sort of mind set is a desease rotting out  the  minds of those people.

Chaz Fox
Chaz Fox's picture
User is offlineOffline
zntneo wrote:

zntneo wrote:
I'm curious Chaz. Did you hear (this could of been totally made up) that the christians did a study and there is no such thing as being bi? I'm curious to your thoughts abot this. Always wanted to ask someone who is bi. I hope you don't mind.

I would say that's ridiculous. They're basically saying 'You're either straight or gay'. I don't mind what gender I go for. After all, to me I'm not about gender or looks, if someone has the personality I like, and if they like me enough then I'd start a relationship with em. I'm not quite sure what that's called again, but I guess i'd fit that description. Besides, I would want proof that this study was carried out and that these results were achieved.

Edit: I found this timeline of events on bialogue.com:

Timeline of current anti-bisexual nonsense

• a discredited 'researcher J. Michael Bailey who had just been disciplined & demoted by his university for misconduct during a previous study, publishes another suspect study in which he claims to have 'proved' that there are no such thing as bisexuals

• which on July 5th 2005 is picked up by a gullible & misinformed writer at the New York Times [in the 'Science' section no less] who writes an article more appropriate for the 'National Enquirer' entitled 'Straight, Gay or Lying? Bisexuality Revisited'

• around October 9th 2005 the usually sensible sex therapist Dr. Ruth Westheimer told an advice seeker that they must "choose" their sexual orientation, since there is no such thing as “a bisexual person"

• during the month of November 2005, US radio advice personality Dr. Joy Browne, who has the 4th highest rated syndicated radio talk show make a series of biphobic comments

• Mamba, a South African newspaper, an advice columnist tells a writer that bisexuality is “simply a way of not having to face up to who you really are.”

'I reject your reality and substitute my own!'
Adam Savage, Mythbusters.

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
The safe sex cartoons

The safe sex cartoons contains so many false statistics and statements about contraceptives. It is appalling.

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
I think that's

I think that's Carman in the in the video's music. The surest way to get me to stop listening to you is play a Carman "song."

BTW, I love how the video doesn't mention the fact that Jefferson and Franklin weren't Christians.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
I believe Benjamin Franklin

I believe Benjamin Franklin suffered from syphilis which would indicate he partied with the "ladies" in France.  Doesn't sound very xian to me.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow, that safe sex comic

Wow, that safe sex comic sounded like the kind of shit they preach in Africa. (Those who say there is no such thing as bisexuals, should probably tell the bisexuals).

-----------------------
I'll get back to you when I think of something worthwhile to say.

Zombie
RRS local affiliate
Zombie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey

Its crap like this that makes me think athiests have to comeout of the closet and fight thiests with truth.

Zombie 

Morte alla tyrannus et dei

Angelic_Atheist
Angelic_Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
  MrRage wrote: I think

MrRage wrote:
I think that's Carman in the in the video's music. The surest way to get me to stop listening to you is play a Carman "song." BTW, I love how the video doesn't mention the fact that Jefferson and Franklin weren't Christians.

...and that Lincoln was an atheist? 

We must favor verifiable evidence over private feeling. Otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable to those who would obscure the truth.
~ Richard Dawkins

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Angelic_Atheist

Angelic_Atheist wrote:

MrRage wrote:
I think that's Carman in the in the video's music. The surest way to get me to stop listening to you is play a Carman "song." BTW, I love how the video doesn't mention the fact that Jefferson and Franklin weren't Christians.

...and that Lincoln was an atheist?

I didn't know Lincoln was an atheist. I know he was skeptical of supernatural claims, and that he didn't think there was an afterlife. He does mention God a lot in his speeches and writings.