These people deserve a mocking

gentle
gentle's picture
User is offlineOffline
These people deserve a mocking

Well, I was searching dogpile's images for a nice image of an anarchy symbol when I happened across these guys:

http://www.longcounty.net/atheist.html

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I never knew I had my very

I never knew I had my very own symbol.

That's kind of exciting, but I wish the aliens, or satanists, or whoever it was who picked out the symbol, would have picked out a better one.  That looks like some kind of nuclear test site symbol.

I wonder where I go to get my official Go-Go-Johny-Atheist badge and certificate of membership.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
From the site: Quote: We do

From the site:

Quote:
We do see, however, the occult freemasons are planning on destroying both the atheist and Christian. Why is that?

Because there is no such thing as an Atheist in a foxhole!

and

Quote:
The occult is setting the stage for genocide and anyone who does not conform to their “god” (satan) will be destroyed. In the end times, the atheists will more likely accept Biblical truth and stop playing their very dangerous game.

Oh no! We better do something! Those scarry satanist-freemason-occult people are going to kill us all!

Now that I'm in a foxhole, I've realized what a fool I've been! I should have listened to that guy's website! I didn't believe him because he seemed have a paranoia problem, and his website looked shitty. But he was right! And now that I'm in the foxhole, being hunted down by satanist, I believe in a good and loving God again!

GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Is it surprising that even

"Is it surprising that even the Atheists have a symbol equal to the occult? Who then is really behind the athiest movement?"

The occult? Do- do they mean the anarchy symbol? I'm confused. Since when is anarchy "the occult"?

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: "Is it surprising

Quote:
"Is it surprising that even the Atheists have a symbol equal to the occult? Who then is really behind the athiest movement?"

Isn't it surprising that these people don't seem to realize that not all atheists are working together, heck, not all atheists call themselves atheists. and not all atheists really approve of a symbol, and all that jazz.

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

FundamentallyFlawed
FundamentallyFlawed's picture
User is offlineOffline
We're in real trouble

We're in real trouble here... People are bound to listen to this guy! How could anyone doubt the word of someone with such coherent thoughts and brilliant website design?

I get so damn sick of listening to these "Freemasons and Illuminati and Satan are plotting to take over the Earth" people. They devote so much time to uncovering imaginary conspiracies. It's a shame they can't devote all of that time to achieving a worthwhile goal.

Check out these whack-jobs, for example...

http://www.cuttingedge.org/

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
FundamentallyFlawed

FundamentallyFlawed wrote:

I get so damn sick of listening to these "Freemasons and Illuminati and Satan are plotting to take over the Earth" people. They devote so much time to uncovering imaginary conspiracies. It's a shame they can't devote all of that time to achieving a worthwhile goal.

A little story for all those who care to read.

When I was young, my dad was hearing weird sounds in the house, like knocking on the walls and such. He talked to some guy who was supposed to be an expert with occults. This guy convinced my dad that he was hearing these sounds because my grandfather was a mason, and somehow Satan was fooling around with our family. This guy told my dad he had to renounce the masons to get rid of this influence. My dad did this. When he came home my mom was all scared because she had seen some sort of menacing apparition. She prayed or something and the shade went away.

Years later, my brother claimed to have heard voices at night saying his name. Once again, my dad suspected Satan bothering us because of my grandfather being a mason. My dad gathered my family around and wanted us to all renounce the masons. At this time I was still a Christian, but I thought that this was all hogwash. Everyone in my family renounced the masons except me, and my dad was kinda upset about it. I just told him, "I'm not hearing things. I don't see how the masons have anything to do with this." I just wondered why my dad's initial renouncement didn't hold its own.

I don't think my dad holds too these conspiracy theories, but he's pretty much convinced of them being satanic. Me, I just think he's hallucinating.

FundamentallyFlawed
FundamentallyFlawed's picture
User is offlineOffline
I enjoyed your story. It's

I enjoyed your story. It's quite strange how Satan has decided to exclude you from these torments!

I'm not a mason, but I used to be a student of the "occult". It's nothing but psychological conditioning... training the mind to perceive the imaginary as reality. These things that we believe to be "otherworldly" are nothing but projections of our own psyche.

I'm happy to say that Satan has been kind enough to leave me alone.

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
FundamentallyFlawed

I enjoyed your story. It's quite strange how Satan has decided to exclude you from these torments!

Strange indeed. God seems to be pretty quiet too.

I'm not a mason, but I used to be a student of the "occult". It's nothing but psychological conditioning... training the mind to perceive the imaginary as reality. These things that we believe to be "otherworldly" are nothing but projections of our own psyche.

That's what I think it was too. Denouncing the masons had some psychological effect on my dad that stopped the noises.