Denying The Holy Spirit

UberBob
UberBob's picture
User is offlineOffline
Denying The Holy Spirit

I do hope it's okay I post this here. It got a few laughs (and some angry theist emails) on MySpace, and I hope it does here too. Enjoy.

----------------------

No shit.
There I was.
About to commit the ultimate blasphemy.
The wait.
The suspense.
The sentence fragments...
And the next thing I knew, I heard a knock at the door. I answered it. It was the Holy Spirit. She was wearing a black corset with high heels and garters. She was a raven haired beauty with dark brown eyes. She stood about 5'6" and perfect 34 C's. I thought I was in heaven.
But wait, she wasn't alone...
More wait.
More suspense.
More sentence fragments...
She brought a friend with her.
Her friend was about 5'2", about 100 lbs, red hair, and green eyes.
It was an all night menage-a-trinity that I couldn't deny.
Any resulting pregnancies will be classified as 'miraculous,' else I will move to another state. I'm not paying for a bastard. Why? Will he save the world from sin or something?

Everything I said above is a complete lie. The Holy Spirit can suck my cock beyond the point of gag reflex. I can always close my eyes and pretend she brought a friend.

"Sometimes even the wisest of man or machine can make an error."

-Optimus Prime

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
that's good

that's good

Thandarr
User is offlineOffline
Good Post

At least you avoided saying anything blasphemous about the Holy Spirit.

Thandarr

Clara Listensprechen
Clara Listensprechen's picture
User is offlineOffline
Somebody needs to point out

Somebody needs to point out to somebody else that the scripture about blaspheming the Holy Spirit is the same line that disproves the mythology of the Holy Trinity of Three

Three

Three Gods in one.

If all those three guys are the same one God, blaspheming the Holi Spirit = blaspheming the father = blaspheming the son.

But that's not what that line says, now, is it.  Blaspheming the father = blaspheming the son but is NOT = blaspheming holy spirit.

Ergo there's no such thing as a Holy Trinity. 

I shall continue to be an impossible person as long as those who are now possible remain possible. {Michael Bakunin 1814-1876}

marcustheist
User is offlineOffline
I think you guys are

I think you guys are misinterpreting Matthew 12:31. The blasphemy mentioned there is not possible by someone who does not know or understand the Holy Spirit. That verse is not meant for folks like you; it is meant for those who know the Lord and deliberately igore His desire to draw closer to Him.

What this whole youtube thing demonstrates, however, is that people will rebel against authority just for the sake of it. If you tell a kid not to  run with scissors, he will do it just because you told him not to. It's part of our human nature and is well represented on this website. 

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
marcustheist wrote: That

marcustheist wrote:
That verse is not meant for folks like you; it is meant for those who know the Lord and deliberately igore His desire to draw closer to Him.

And considering that some of the people who have done this were once christians themselves?

marcustheist wrote:
What this whole youtube thing demonstrates, however, is that people will rebel against authority just for the sake of it.

Why don't you ask why people participated instead of sticking words in their mouths?

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

Clara Listensprechen
Clara Listensprechen's picture
User is offlineOffline
But that passage from

But that passage from Matthew is further bolstered by Jude's epistle when Jude warns against slandering celestial beings, and he's not specifically aiming his words at believers alone.

I shall continue to be an impossible person as long as those who are now possible remain possible. {Michael Bakunin 1814-1876}