Introduction

texaschristian
User is offlineOffline
Introduction

Hi. I guess my user name is pretty blatant. So ... do you mind if I hang around and read a bit?

Peace,

Wendi

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi, No objection

Hi,

No objection whatsoever. That is a fundamental reason for this site's existence, to lay out a whole lot of evidence, information, ideas, etc that we think people need to examine, think about, and argue about.

In fact we positively encourage people with religious convictions to read what we say here, to 'challenge their faith', if you want to think of it that way.

If you feel like posting some comment or question, feel free, but don't feel you have to.

Welcome.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
texaschristian wrote:

texaschristian wrote:

Hi. I guess my user name is pretty blatant. So ... do you mind if I hang around and read a bit?

Peace,

Wendi

To quote the movie "Beatlejuice"

Quote:
We've come for your daughter Chuck

Or even better: "Ace Ventura"

Quote:
Lois Inhorn:

How would you like me to make your life a living hell?

Ace Ventura "We'll I'm not ready for a relationship right now Lois. But thanks for asking. I'll give you a call sometime. Your number is still 9-1-1 isnt it? Alrighty then.

This is my silly way of saying, YES, hang out with us but do keep in mind some members are prone to not pull punches when we debate so be advised of that and have a thick skin.

Oh, and one more last silly quote from the original Star Wars

Quote:
You will never find a more retched hive of scum and villainy
Obe Wan refuring to the Mos Isly space quarters.

So this entire convaluted post is the Rational Response Squad's unofficial class clown(me) welcoming you.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

triften
atheist
triften's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome! Feel free! Read,

Welcome!

Feel free! Read, question, think! That's what this place is here for. Smiling

-Triften 

Romans 51215
User is offlineOffline
Christian in NC

Hey members of Rational Responders. please don't mind that i joined the site and i won't mind reading what you have posted. i am not here to create trouble but to share what i believe and why i believe it. i hope that i can learn from you as much as you learn from me. i want to start by telling you that i will not judge any of you for what you believe, all questions that a person has need to be answered. my goal was to find truth. The only place i could find that truth is in Jesus Christ. i know many of you disagree with me and there are many in this world that do agree with me. i believe that there are many people that after searching for truth, that when they believe they have found it does not include Jesus Christ. i disagree with them. its okay to disagree with other people. Now that you know my position i hope you can learn from me and my posts as i learn from yours.
Thanks
Romans 51215

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Romans 51215 wrote: Hey

Romans 51215 wrote:
Hey members of Rational Responders. please don't mind that i joined the site and i won't mind reading what you have posted. i am not here to create trouble but to share what i believe and why i believe it. i hope that i can learn from you as much as you learn from me. i want to start by telling you that i will not judge any of you for what you believe, all questions that a person has need to be answered. my goal was to find truth. The only place i could find that truth is in Jesus Christ. i know many of you disagree with me and there are many in this world that do agree with me. i believe that there are many people that after searching for truth, that when they believe they have found it does not include Jesus Christ. i disagree with them. its okay to disagree with other people. Now that you know my position i hope you can learn from me and my posts as i learn from yours.
Thanks
Romans 51215

I am not speaking in this thread as an official of the board, I am merely just another member here: 

Please remember that we dont judge you either. We dont know you personally. But we do and we will judge your claims and you might not like what you hear. It is not out of hate that we say these things. Our concern is that you believe a fictional claim and we would like to show you why it might be better if you question what you believe.

You can "share" with us what you claim but please do not expect us to be passive. We will ask questions and we will challenge you to look at what you claim.

If you are too timid to handle criticism of your claims, you might want to spend more time reading and maybe finding threads here that disscuss other things than religion.

We do welcome you and we do want you here. But do not think that we will merely say, "Isnt that nice" and leave it at that.

I can safely say for most that it is a welcome challenge to us and should be to you as well. 

Once again thank you for joining and we do hope you are brave enough to stick it out. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Romans 51215
User is offlineOffline
Not Passive

On the things that i will judge you on, it will not be personal. I know that you will judge my posts, and i will defend my beliefs. i will stick it out, i enjoy the challenge and the debate. The people that are giving you death threats are not acting in line with what they believe if what they say they believe is in Jesus Christ. These are merely people that are saying what they believe and not living it. This is the definition of a hypocrite. i do decide to live by forgiveness and if i do make a mistake i know God will forgive it. i do want to know where you get your moral beliefs from without believing or disproving the existence of God. Take away God, tradition, and law and you have no basis for morals. anybody can do what they want without consequences. Why would the human race make a set of laws when they know full well that they cannot keep the laws that they created? By the way can i get your actual definition of theism for argument sake.