Become an ordained minister!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Check this out! http://www.pulc.com/minister.php

Apparently you don't have to believe in anything to get ordained here, just pay them $19.95, and it is legally recognized. Apparently this "Progressive Universal Life Church" is not particularly religious, as it doesn't mention anything about god or spirituality, though it mentions being able to get rich performing marriages and getting discounts from airlines! Laughing out loud I didn't do it, but anyone that does please let us know in this thread about it (and maybe put up a pic of your certificate!) Hey, it would be great to have someone who could perform atheist weddings! This kind of reminds me of what Homer Simpson did!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

shedevil
User is offlineOffline

I got legally ordained a while back so that I could legally perform marriages in my state. I figured I would offer my services cheap, if not free, to fellow atheists. Sadly, I think I?m one of a handful in my area.

qwak
User is offlineOffline

you know, it's a fucking ripoff.. they used to offer that shit for free.. did it back in 98 or so.. though, I lost it, and don't really care about it... aside from the legal aspects of marriage, it's nothing more than a religious invention anyway.

music

http//www.myspace.com/antiqwak

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Re: Become an ordained minister!

MattShizzle wrote:
Check this out! http://www.pulc.com/minister.php

Apparently you don't have to believe in anything to get ordained here, just pay them $19.95, and it is legally recognized. Apparently this "Progressive Universal Life Church" is not particularly religious, as it doesn't mention anything about god or spirituality, though it mentions being able to get rich performing marriages and getting discounts from airlines! Laughing out loud I didn't do it, but anyone that does please let us know in this thread about it (and maybe put up a pic of your certificate!) Hey, it would be great to have someone who could perform atheist weddings! This kind of reminds me of what Homer Simpson did!

Are there actual legalitiea associated with being a reverend? What exactly is the definition of "legal" minister anyway?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Abandoned_Mind
atheist
Abandoned_Mind's picture
User is offlineOffline

Become an atheist minister today! No rituals, no holy days, it?s the easiest job you?ll never do.

Laughing out loud

The Emptiness of Theology
-- Richard Dawkins