Searching for Questions

Eggplant
Eggplant's picture
User is offlineOffline
Searching for Questions

Well, I want to search for a question, but I'm looking for an answer.

I was wondering if there is any way to search these forums for previous topics in an automated fashion as going through hundreds of topics and pages isn't productive for me. Is there?

Voided
User is offlineOffline
there is a search function

there is a search function at the top of the page but it might be faster to use an "advanced search" on google

Eggplant
Eggplant's picture
User is offlineOffline
I may be blind, but I'm only

I may be blind, but I'm only seeing Download Shows, Home, My Account, Store, Forums, Videos, LINK TO US, God Movie, Chat Room, Contact, Our Team, and Rules at the top of the page and "search" comes up with no results in Firefox's find function on any page. Am I blind or is it something that needs to be enabled in preferences?

Angelic_Atheist
Angelic_Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm using firefox too, but

I'm using firefox too, but I just installed the Google tool bar into my browser. It allows me to search within sites.

I just did a quick search for "god is real" and clicked the down arrow on the search button and chose "this site". It returned 38 results from this entire site. (only 38?!)

I've found that little addition works wonders for me.

you can get it here

We must favor verifiable evidence over private feeling. Otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable to those who would obscure the truth.
~ Richard Dawkins

Eggplant
Eggplant's picture
User is offlineOffline
The problems are that

The problems are that Google isn't current and gets false positives because it can't differentiate the signature from the content.

The search module for Drupal appears to be installed but access to it is not given to general members. Is there a reason for this?

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
Check out the banner at the

Check out the banner at the top of the page.  To the right you'll see members of the Rational Response Squad and the slogan "Fighting to free humanity from the mind disorder known as theism", no go directly across the page to the left side, and you should see a small little white rectangle with the words "Search" next to it in a small white button.  Hope that helps!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists. Books by Rook Hawkins (Thomas Verenna)

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
lol, too funny.  Rook and

lol, too funny.  Rook and Voiderest, only mods and management can use the search function.  We've turned it off to the community until we can get on a new server, using it too often would crash the site when we get this much traffic. 

Eggplant, just tell us in this thread, what you need searched and a mod will help you.