Atheists are wrong and here's why </sarcasm></satire>

Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheists are wrong and here's why </sarcasm></satire>

An entertaining and accurate crash course in theistic reasoning.

Sorry if someone has already posted this elsewhere. I'm new to these forums and just came across this video today.

Flying Spaghetti Monster -- Great Almighty God? Or GREATEST Almighty God?

olivergringold
olivergringold's picture
User is offlineOffline
Having personally heard

Having personally heard religious people speaking that way, I really cannot tell if that video is being satirical.

"No end justifies the means of lying."
-Penn Jillette

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
How can there be a margin of

How can there be a margin of error of 2000 years? I mean they claim god wrote it so how can god be off by 2000 years? Stupid Fundys need a new hobby.

Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
User is offlineOffline
...no kidding. I came

...no kidding.

I came across a TV program the other day about how to convert atheists (I damn well can't remember what channel it was on). I couldn't help but watch.  They went around trying to demonstrate how to argue with atheists using circular reasoning, thinking it was perfect logic.  "We know every word of the Bible is true because the Bible says every word in the Bible is true.  Why don't you believe?"  It can certainly win an arguement, as the atheists would just give up after they realized it was hopeless.

It was so pathetic I couldn't help but watch.   

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Seen it before, but it

Seen it before, but it pretty much shows the way Christians think.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Krehlic wrote:

Krehlic wrote:

...no kidding.

I came across a TV program the other day about how to convert atheists (I damn well can't remember what channel it was on). I couldn't help but watch. They went around trying to demonstrate how to argue with atheists using circular reasoning, thinking it was perfect logic. "We know every word of the Bible is true because the Bible says every word in the Bible is true. Why don't you believe?" It can certainly win an arguement, as the atheists would just give up after they realized it was hopeless.

It was so pathetic I couldn't help but watch.

All religions do this and it is pure emotionalism. A critical thinker looks at the claim and says, "You know, that sounds a bit out there"

Theist, "YOU HATE ME, YOU WANNA GET RID OF ME"

To all the theists of all labels reading this? NO YOU DUMBASS! JUST TAKE YOUR BLINDERS OFF.

If something is worth believing it is worth examining and worth puttting to the test.

If someone likes what they believe that can and often does prevent them from taking a step back and saying to themselves, "Is this realy true".

Once the believer buys the cliam it throws up a wall that is hard to penitrate. OUR CHALLENGE to the believer is that your god cannot be threatend by questioning IF the claim is that they have unlimited power.

If a pesky skeptical question bothers an all powerfull being what does that say about the deity, and what does that say about the believers lack of "faith" that the deity can protect itself without human help?

When a believer of any label says that they will defend their deity it gives me this mental immage of a miget(human) standing in front of a mucle bound 6 foot 5 inch "Mr. Universe" winner (god) going, "I'm not going to let you harm my all powerfull dad".

That doesnt make sense? Why would some being with unlimited mucle need someone with limited mucle to protect it?

Mind you, skeptics are not arguing from a standpoint that we actually believe what you claim. We are doing the following.

Believer: "I claim x is true"

Skeptic, "Ok, but here is the problem I have with your claim".

Again, what the skeptic detests, is not human nature. What we detest is not the fact that people believe things that we dont. What we detest is fear of self examination about a claim.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh, trust me, I understand

Oh, trust me, I understand theistic reasoning all too well.  I was a devout Christian a couple of years ago and have been an atheist for less than a year.

First I was a Christian because I didn't know any better.  Then, after looking at the evidence and mainly biblical contradictions, I became a deist.  After further research, I became an agnostic.  And finally, I became an atheist.  It all happened in a relativly short period of time, like a domino effect.

Looking back now, at that time that I had faith against all reason, I see how pathetic it was.   It's hard for me, now, to understand how I, the same person, could have believed in something so irrational.  Though, I must say, I don't think I ever used the "God exists because God says God exists" arguement.  I would have realized the stupidity even then.