Greetings from Kabul, Afghanistan!

Antiquehunter
Antiquehunter's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greetings from Kabul, Afghanistan!

Hello all,

I'm new here to the RRS, but have been active in the atheist and skeptical community for a number of years. I usually live and work in Vancouver, BC Canada, but for the past three years I've been living and working in Kabul, Afghanistan, where I'm a consultant working in public service development.

Just dropping in to say 'howdy' and keep up the great work! Getting a bunch of skeptics / atheists all on the same page is like herding cats...

-AH.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome and hope ya like it

Welcome and hope ya like it here. Just letting you know talking to some of the theists who come here may make you want to bang your head against the wall!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Welcome aboard Antique

Welcome aboard Antique Hunter.  I liked your letter to your father essay.  Did you actually send that letter?

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard Antiquehunter!

As one who has, in fact, attempted to herd cats, I agree with you! Smiling However, it's heartening to see so many intelligent, rational thinkers coming forward and making their views known. We won't always agree, but the more you come to these forums you'll read some pretty impressive (and sometimes humorous) stuff!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Antiquehunter
Antiquehunter's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes, absolutely.  I would

Yes, absolutely.  I would expect he's about to read it, based on time zone differences, fairly shortly.  Provided the response is printable, I'll post it.  (Actually, I expect something like 'Will be glad to see you again, but I don't really have anything to say on the topic.  Spoke to people in the church about the movie, biblical quotes taken out of context etc...&#39Eye-wink  Just a prediction.

-AH.