Merry _______!!

20vturbo
20vturbo's picture
User is offlineOffline
Merry _______!!

In no way is this meat to be antagonistic, I hope everyone has a great Christmas, winter solstice, day off, Quaid-e-Azam's Day or whatever it is you are doing today!! Smiling

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Happy Holidays" would cover

"Happy Holidays" would cover all of them.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Merry "I won't get my

Merry "I won't get my presents until next year" day

20vturbo
20vturbo's picture
User is offlineOffline
Randalllord wrote: "Happy

Randalllord wrote:
"Happy Holidays" would cover all of them.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! Smiling 

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Merry Paganmas Pagan

Merry Paganmas

Pagan tree

Pagan lights

Pagan presents

Pagan cookies

Pagan shopping

Pagan Day

Pagan Cheer

It's Pagan Season

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
AiiA wrote: Merry

AiiA wrote:

Merry Paganmas

Pagan tree

Pagan lights

Pagan presents

Pagan cookies

Pagan shopping

Pagan Day

Pagan Cheer

It's Pagan Season

Should we throw the yule pagen on the fire? 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

20vturbo
20vturbo's picture
User is offlineOffline
AiiA wrote: Merry

AiiA wrote:

Merry Paganmas

Pagan tree

Pagan lights

Pagan presents

Pagan cookies

Pagan shopping

Pagan Day

Pagan Cheer

It's Pagan Season

and i hope you have a good one!! Wink

Voided
User is offlineOffline
I got the God Delusion and a

I got the God Delusion and a camcorder for the blasphemy challenge and my atheist YouTube channel. Too bad something was screwy with the cam and I have to return it.

20vturbo
20vturbo's picture
User is offlineOffline
What Kind of camcorder? and

What Kind of camcorder? and do you like it? I am looking to purchase here in the near future.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Link The one I got was

Link The one I got was defective so I can't really recommend it completely, although I am trying to get a replacement.

The defect was with the joint on the camera body to the fold out screen. It was not attached right and the plastic has a small crack and stress marks.

I didn't even turn it on as I am going to return it, but for a camcorder with the ability to store a few hours of 640 x 320 footage and all digital I think it is pretty good for the price. (Assuming it was put together right...)

If you want DVD quality look for something better.

FutureQ
User is offlineOffline
re: War on Xmas let's just copy the xians

Look at what the xian early church did with all the pagan celebrations for Dec. 25th, actually the celebration of various pagan gods tied to the rebirth of nature tied to the solstice and equanox.

Point is they adopted what was already being done because they knew there was no stopping people.

So I propose that Secular folks celebrate Dec. 26th, as Merry Commerce day. It's the day after xmas when the sales occur for things not sold for xmas. Why celebrate the commercialization of xmas via the back door? Because it helps grow the economy, the commerce I mean.

Commerce creates jobs and supports everyone in capitalist societies, and everyone is going capitalist these days. Even Cuba once grandaddy Castro kicks it.
So when xian friends decry the commercialization of their yearly homage too imaginary supreme beings and elves and fairies, just tell them you love it because you and they likely are employed in some measure by direct result of it.

So I hope everyone had a very very Merry Commerce Day this year!

FutureQ

GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
User is offlineOffline
FutureQ wrote: So I

FutureQ wrote:

So I propose that Secular folks celebrate Dec. 26th, as Merry Commerce day. It's the day after xmas when the sales occur for things not sold for xmas. Why celebrate the commercialization of xmas via the back door? Because it helps grow the economy, the commerce I mean.

Commerce creates jobs and supports everyone in capitalist societies, and everyone is going capitalist these days. Even Cuba once grandaddy Castro kicks it.
So when xian friends decry the commercialization of their yearly homage too imaginary supreme beings and elves and fairies, just tell them you love it because you and they likely are employed in some measure by direct result of it.

So I hope everyone had a very very Merry Commerce Day this year!

FutureQ

Propose whatever you like, but people will celebrate whatever they like.  Maybe YOU can start celebrating Commerce Day and then wait for it to catch on, k? Sticking out tongue

V1per41
V1per41's picture
User is offlineOffline
I was wishing everyone a

I was wishing everyone a "Happy Generic Winter Solstice Celebration"

I felt like it hit most people, and it brings out what the holiday was origonally about. 

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan