Martial arts kingpin Chuck Norris battles for Bible in schools

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Martial arts kingpin Chuck Norris battles for Bible in schools

Oh, great:

Here we go.

You may have seen commercials for the NCBCPS, and I assure you, they were not fake. Unfortunately.

What part of 'no law respecting an establishment of religion' is so hard to understand?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Too many kicks to the head

Too many kicks to the head maybe?

Aerik
BloggerRational VIP!Superfan
User is offlineOffline
So he's an evangelical

So he's an evangelical Christian, so he's already religiously bigoted in alot of hardcore ways...

His partner on Walker Texas Ranger is the only black person I've ever seen him interact with, so that makes me think he's also racist..

Why do people keep idolizing him? Sad state of affairs.

FundamentallyFlawed
FundamentallyFlawed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here's another group trying

Here's another group trying to pull the same crap...

http://www.gtbe.org/

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
1) How many Total Gyms did

1) How many Total Gyms did the NCBCPS have to buy?

2) I don't really have a problem with reading the Bible (an objective reading of the Bible has a better chance of making atheists than Christians). Unfortunately, the kids will never get that objective reading from this group.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Insidium Profundis
User is offlineOffline
Steven Seagal is better

Steven Seagal is better anyway.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Why did he need to learn

Why did he need to learn martial arts anyway? Can't God protect him?

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
First of all, what Norris is

First of all, what Norris is trying to do is unconstitutional. Period.

Second, I don't understand why people are always so optimistic about how someone will supposedly give up on the Bible after reading it all the way through.

You know, like David Koresh did.

Cursing Man

You have far more faith in humanity than I ever will. I have no idea why it's assumed other people will be as sensbile as yourself.

If everyone gave up on the Bible after reading it, one out of three people in the world wouldn't be Christian right now. I know not every one of them has gone from the first page to the last, but still.

FundamentallyFlawed
FundamentallyFlawed's picture
User is offlineOffline
UPDATE.... Norris has now

UPDATE.... Norris has now debunked evolution!!!!

http://www.icr.org/articles/view/3107/

Tough Guy Kicks Evolution Myth
by Lawrence Ford

“Chuck Norris doesn’t read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.”

“Faster than a speeding bullet...more powerful than a locomotive…able to leap tall buildings in a single bound… yes, these are some of Chuck Norris’ warm-up exercises.”

“Superman owns a pair of Chuck Norris pajamas.”

You’ve all seen them. Chuck Norris “facts” all over the internet. Websites. Widgets. Emails. Over 50,000 jokes about America’s favorite Texas Ranger have been circulated around the World Wide Web. Internet encyclopedia Wikipedia has the inside scoop on this latest internet fad.

But did you know that Chuck Norris has come out surprisingly clear about his view of creation? A committed Christian, whose own website (chucknorris.com) has links to Bible sites like Campus Crusade for Christ and the Billy Graham organization, Norris commented recently on one of these one-liners in his latest editorial column for WorldNetDaily:

“There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.”

“It’s cute,” writes the action star. “But here’s what I really think about the theory of evolution: It’s not real. It is not the way we got here. In fact, the life you see on this planet is really just a list of creatures God has allowed to live. We are not creations of random chance. We are not accidents. There is a God, a Creator, who made you and me. We were made in His image, which separates us from all other creatures.”

And that’s no joke!