Damn... missed my target

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Damn... missed my target

I screwed up. I meant to put up a post announcing myself at 666 user points, but I did one post too many, so this means I'll be at 668. Anyway, it just seemed like a benchmark, so I thought I'd call attention to it.

By the way, a few weeks ago, I was in the store and the lady in front of me wouldn't pay for her purchase because it was $6.66. She bought a pack of gum to change the total.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Angelic_Atheist
Angelic_Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Congrats at the belated

Congrats at the belated 666th post!!!

and ya know...I think I might be tempted to pay for her purchase...or at least find out what she bought so I could get that total. 666 is my new favorite number!!
I remember back in my theist days, actually asking the telephone company for a diff number because there was a 666 in it...lol

Ok Ill stop rambling now....Sticking out tongue

We must favor verifiable evidence over private feeling. Otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable to those who would obscure the truth.
~ Richard Dawkins

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
I remember being weirded out

I remember being weirded out any time I saw a building with 666 in the address. There's one like that when you turn to exit off one of the highways on Long Island. I wonder if people who work in that building are extraordinarily freaky about it... or if they think it's really cool. Sticking out tongue Probably some of both.

FundamentallyFlawed
FundamentallyFlawed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:By the

Hambydammit wrote:
By the way, a few weeks ago, I was in the store and the lady in front of me wouldn't pay for her purchase because it was $6.66. She bought a pack of gum to change the total.

I wonder what exactly she thought would happen if she paid for the purchase. Instant damnation?

I suppose it's the same logic used by certain builders who refused to put a 13th floor in a building. Even at a young age, I thought this made no sense. Even if you call it the 14th floor, it's still the freakin' 13th floor.

You should have told the woman it was too late; that merely by selecting items that added up to $6.66, she was already doomed.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
At the local waffle house, a

At the local waffle house, a plain double cheeseburger, hashbrowns chunked and topped, and a coke is $6.66.

What do you think I order most often? Eye-wink

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Angelic_Atheist
Angelic_Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote:At the

darth_josh wrote:
At the local waffle house, a plain double cheeseburger, hashbrowns chunked and topped, and a coke is $6.66.

What do you think I order most often? Eye-wink

Lol I'll remember that next time I'm there....might get looked at funny, but I think it'll be well worth it... ROTF

We must favor verifiable evidence over private feeling. Otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable to those who would obscure the truth.
~ Richard Dawkins