There is hope

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I seen that before. Wonder

I seen that before. Wonder how many Americans think it less likely than not?

Aerik
BloggerRational VIP!Superfan
User is offlineOffline
But they still opt for faith.

While we find it cool that growing numbers of United-Statists are not absolutely sure there is a god, it is still a problem that they still choose faith a priori.

politicalhumanist
politicalhumanist's picture
User is offlineOffline
The message of atheism must

The message of atheism must getting known amongst Americans. Thanks to site like this, The Infidel Guy, Richard Dawkins, et cetera.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I actually believe it's been

I actually believe it's been this way for a long time. How long, I'm not sure, but probably going back at least to the 19th century. I do think that the "global" community that we are developing is making it more difficult to live in an insulated bubble.

The trick, though, is not just getting people to doubt the existence of god. It's getting them to admit it in public. If more people could talk about it over drinks at happy hour, there'd be a lot less xtians out there.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
In some ways non-belief was

In some ways non-belief was more acceptable in the late 19th century - see how Robert Ingersoll at the time was one of the most popular speakers and friends with several presidents, and how he is virtually unknown today.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team