FOX + Baseball = Evangelism??

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
FOX + Baseball = Evangelism??

Does anyone know when sports programs became outlets for witnessing? I'm trying to watch the world series, and first they go out of their way to show this lovely graphic of a bible while pointing out that so-and-so player reads his bible everyday. Then, a couple of innings later, they zoom in on this other dude's wristband that reads, "God is my life," and make sure we have plenty of time to read it.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster is everywhere, and I just want to watch a friggin' baseball game!

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Voided
User is offlineOffline
I don't watch baseball, but

I don't watch baseball, but if I ever saw anyone praying for one I would be like, "Stop bugging god with dumb shit, he has more important things to do then rigging our silly games..."

You know what’s funny though I think I read up more on religion then most religious people.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think it's High-Larious

I think it's High-Larious when sports people point at the sky like God parted the offensive line just so they could run into the endzone.

It would be easier to laugh if I weren't always so pissed off at this or that effort by the fundies to take over the government and tell me how to live.

Oh, and honestly, I think you could pick any one of my atheist friends and put them up against any pastor you want, and the atheist would know more about the religion than the pastor. It all goes back to the evidence thing. Atheists know the evidence. That's why they don't believe.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

Books about atheism

Voided
User is offlineOffline
You know we should set up

You know we should set up some sort of betting for that and get RRS some money. Should we called The Bible Off? Personally I haven't read all of the bible, but it I don't know how christians can deal with half of the stuff I have read...

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hehe. That would be funny,

Hehe. That would be funny, for sure, but it would give them too much credit by making it appear that somehow knowing the silliness they believe in is in any way a good thing.

Books about atheism

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Treat like a star trek

Treat like a star trek knowledge contest then. Although I have seen a lot of ideas on star trek that seem pretty good.

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd rather read the bible

I'd rather read the bible than watch baseball Sad

Seriously, how can you guys stand to watch it? It's like watching paint dry. Also, it prevents new episodes of House to be aired, grrrrr....

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd rather read the bible

I'd rather read the bible than watch baseball Sad

Seriously, how can you guys stand to watch it? It's like watching paint dry. Also, it prevents new episodes of House to be aired, grrrrr....

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I was raised by people who

I was raised by people who taught me that baseball was fun, and I played it all through my childhood. Rational thought, it seems, is abandoned in the face of upbringing.

I wonder if there's a lesson in here somewhere...

Books about atheism

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Humans do things out of

Humans do things out of habit...

I think I'll write a blog on that subject.